• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Edge Rumor: Natal To Cost $149, Bundled With Arcade For $299

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Edge has posted up a rumor that Natal will cost $149. They also mention "a trusted source" with the text linking to the person who leaked accurate Gears of War 3 information.

Edge said:
Natal will launch in the US this October with a price tag of $149.

That’s according to a trusted source, who told us that the motion sensing camera will also be bundled with the Xbox 360 Arcade console for $299.

We were informed that prices outside of the US would be determined based on a number of factors, including exchange rates. Based on current rates, the standalone unit would retail for £103 / €121, and the console and Natal bundle for £207 / €243.

The figure for the standalone unit is significantly higher than a previous sub-£50 estimate, but less than pricing recently suggested by European retailers. It’s also more expensive than Sony’s Natal rival Move, which will be available later this year with a game for less than $100.

Our source said that the device has been pencilled in for an October 26 worldwide launch, although we were advised that the date could yet shift by a few weeks either way.

We were also told Microsoft’s camera definitely won’t be called Natal and that its proper title will be revealed at E3 next month. It will also be heavily targeted at causal players and families.

“Microsoft expects to sell millions and millions of Natal units in its first year on the market so you can expect the software launch line-up to target non-traditional gamers,” our source said. “A major marketing campaign will also play a key role in attracting and educating the expanded audience about Xbox 360’s controller-free revolution.”

When contacted about this report, Microsoft told us that it "does not comment on rumour or speculation”.
Source: http://www.edge-online.com/news/natal-to-cost-149-–-source

RavenFox

Banned
I wonder if GAF will say this is to much since Move is to expensive. Anyway price sounds good.
riiiightttt
edit: beaten like a crack wh***:lol

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
AceBandage said:
DOA

And no, not the volley ball game.
To be honest, I kind of hope so.

This bombing would really help bring the next generation faster.

It would also help reinforce a next-gen hardware design aimed at their core audience instead of chasing the Wii crowd, since they're finally making good money doing that.

Yes, I realize I'm being selfish, but I want this in favor of higher spec PC ports. :lol

StuBurns

Banned
A surprising price tag, I gather they haven't reinstated the CPU? I can't imagine how much this thing would have cost with that in it too.

Fixed1979

Too much, I don't think the pricing is totaly out to lunch but it's should have come in closer to a $99.99 max point.

J-Rzez

DOA if that's the actual price. I highly, highly doubt it. Quite a bit higher priced than the $50 people here were thinking it would be.

I'm calling it:

The Xbox 360 ArcadaWii, $299

Edit:

On second thought, they'll just call it the Zii and launch a new console, further fragmenting their base.

Nirolak said:
To be honest, I kind of hope so.

This bombing would really help bring the next generation faster.

It would also help reinforce a next-gen hardware design aimed at their core audience instead of chasing the Wii crowd, since they're finally making good money doing that.

Yes, I realize I'm being selfish, but I want this in favor of higher spec PC ports. :lol

Barrett2

Isn't this supposed to be an underpowered POS?

I think I'll wait for Sony's popscicle. This has La Bomba written all over it.

Top Bottom