• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Edge won't be releasing a review of Death Stranding

Aion002

Sorry for the bump.

I see this months EDGE (issue 346) Mr Brown is no longer editor of the magazine anymore.
That makes sense.

The guy outright said that "his team" didn't want to work on something.... While it was his obligation make that happen... I don't have the slightest idea of how Edge works, but if a employee doesn't want to work, typically, they get the boot.

JimboJones

I think his departure was already known (I remember reading about it a couple of months ago). What I have just found out today is that this woman is now the editor at Edge:

Her Twitter:

I'll leave you guys to draw your own conclusions.

Features male protagonist.
Death Stranding 1/10

McCheese

I think his departure was already known (I remember reading about it a couple of months ago). What I have just found out today is that this woman is now the editor at Edge:

Her Twitter:

Twitter verified - check
pronouns - check
#womaningames hashtag - check

Wonder how many issues until the rot sets in, the moment I see a Anita Sarkeesian guest article my subscription is getting nuked from orbit.

Last edited:

Breakage

Features male protagonist.
Death Stranding 1/10
Twitter verified - check
pronouns - check

Wonder how many issues until the rot sets in, the moment they give Anita an opinion piece is when I cancel my sub for the first time in, christ, 20 something years.

I haven't bought Edge for over a decade. I still have my collection of about 100 issues from the early 2000s. It was my favourite magazine back then. Likewise, I really do wonder how long it will survive under this new editor.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA

Her Twitter:

JC9oQWT.gif

Orta

Banned
Twitter verified - check
pronouns - check

Been buying Edge since the beginning. I rarely read it now, just a quick flick through then add each issue to the pile. Force of a 26 year habit I guess.

She sounds like a tosser so maybe will give me the reason I require to finally cancel my sub.

Ozrimandias

Related to Death Stranding....I've changed my mind about this game. Been playing a lot. Been enjoying it.
Sometimes the game get ridiculous with over complicated plot, but the mechanics and the proposal of it, is unique.

"I don't want to review it because got me bored" Is the classic millenial stupidity. Like, man.... you don't have 12 years old, it's your job.

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

This seems like the worst moment to hire someone like that when most magazines are already hanging on the edge (get it? ;)) because of the coronavirus situation.

In my country there were three gaming publications before covid. One of them (started in 1996) already announced they're firing everyone and the remaining two are pleeding to switch to subscriptions because the physical copies sold horribly in April (when almost everything was closed down).

Last edited:

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Last month was his last edited issue as he said all his thanks to various people (though mainly future employees) on the page after the contents.

Maybe he was working his notice.

Nitty_Grimes

No issue with her being female. She seems quite politically-driven though and it's perhaps not the best thing for an editor of a gaming magazine (The Guardian or Huff Post, yes).

Oh she’ll just hid behind the old ‘views are my own not of my employer’

Old Brown was / is quite a political knob too at times bringing brexit and politics into his editorial a lot.

GymWolf

Her Twitter:

A simp who like animal crossing, mildshock.gif

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Setting aside their probable political leanings, the real issue with Edge is that is so unbearably boring to read. The entire staff is composed of solid technical writers with no concept of flavor. Or, sorry -- flavour~~.

MiguelItUp

Sorry for the bump.

I see this months EDGE (issue 346) Mr Brown is no longer editor of the magazine anymore.
No apologies! This makes me happy to be quite honest. I mean, I would never wish anyone be out of work or something similar. But someone reacting this way just felt extremely unprofessional, and a tad whiny. Makes me respect reviewers that play through games that they're not even fully into a LOT more. I mean, film critics do the same thing with movies.

If you're not willing to do such a thing from time to time, maybe that particular career isn't for you?

ROMhack

Oh she’ll just hid behind the old ‘views are my own not of my employer’

Old Brown was / is quite a political knob too at times bringing brexit and politics into his editorial a lot.

Ah fair. She was the deputy editor anyway so I don't think that much will change.

Do you buy the magazine yourself?

Nitty_Grimes

There’s only EDGE or official PlayStation left here UK.

Edit and PC Gamer.

Last edited:
Top Bottom