• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EDM |OT| Future Flo-Rida Hits

Aomber

sweat Jesus :eek:

Man I used to hate Mousey in the Faxing Berlin days, but fuck me, this guy's sound has grown up a lot lately. When did he start making melodic Techno?!?

Haha I can understand why, his sound at any given point hasn't been for everyone. That being said he's had a technoish side to him for quite a long time, for example he has some stuff like this from his 2009 album

Deadmau5 - Soma || HD

Deadmau5 - Word Problems (1080p) || HD

DMczaf

First day of Beyond Wonderland was pretty awesome. Soooo much trance and psytrance yayyy!

Rezz and Illenium had the best sets imo.

Reorder surprised me. Loved him

Went to Hardwell's set for a bit. Atmosphere for his set was as expected (very young and nightclubish)

mr stroke

First day of Beyond Wonderland was pretty awesome. Soooo much trance and psytrance yayyy!

Rezz and Illenium had the best sets imo.

Reorder surprised me. Loved him

Went to Hardwell's set for a bit. Atmosphere for his set was as expected (very young and nightclubish)

You catch Simon Patterson or Astrix?

DMczaf

You catch Simon Patterson or Astrix?

I caught Astrix at the end of the night but I was so drained I ended up leaving half hour into his set. It was really good, but I saw him at Dreamstate last year and it was sorta similar.

I skipped Simon to see Rezz since I've never seen a full set from her.

cj_iwakura

If I really wanted to dabble in mixing, do I have to have hardware or is there some basic software I should learn first? I feel like I could do better than a lot of the generic stuff I see on display at Ultra...

sweat Jesus :eek:

Man I used to hate Mousey in the Faxing Berlin days, but fuck me, this guy's sound has grown up a lot lately. When did he start making melodic Techno?!?

He's a legit great composer, shame about his personality.

Aomber

If I really wanted to dabble in mixing, do I have to have hardware or is there some basic software I should learn first? I feel like I could do better than a lot of the generic stuff I see on display at Ultra...

He's a legit great composer, shame about his personality.
I always tell people the same thing - you only need a laptop and some headphones to get started. Ideally you have some studio speakers and/or headphones but don't worry too much about that as far as learning software at first. I can tell you for fact that most of the guys on mainstage ultra are using all "in the box" software, it's easier than ever to have access to the tools for production.

The one thing I would start looking into is what digital audio workstation (DAW) you want to use. Do some research, check out Ableton, Logic, FL studio, the usual suspects... See which one you like the look of best, and commit to it. They're all good and none of them will affect the quality of music you make.

DMczaf

Just got back home from Beyond Wonderland

Closed Day 2 out with Paul Van Dyk completely killing it at the Dreamstate stage :D

Caught some Netsky (actually only played like 30% drum n bass, mostly played trap), Party Favor, Sean Tyas, and Markus Schulz as well.

Fun weekend!

Aomber

https://wundergroundmusic.com/berghain-announce-people-list-196-countires-wont-allowed-club/

pqECm6w.png

”Now we've introduced ‘the list' so we're hoping this will help us get back to being the underground mecca that we really want to be," continued Blac. ”It's a pretty extensive list, it covers all of the world's major continents. We pride ourselves on our inclusiveness, we really don't judge anyone based on their race, nationality, sexuality or religion, we like to refuse everyone equally so we've included every single country in the world on our list."

Aomber

I touched on this in the Ultra thread yesterday but I'm much more fascinated by setups that are not CDJs, with so much technology out there it's possible to create your own "instrument" and perform how you want to perform, which can be as cheap or as expensive as you want it.

Just came across this video of Richie Hawtin explaining his own setup and thought it was quite interesting.

How I PLAY: Richie Hawtin MODEL 1 DJ Setup

mr stroke

I touched on this in the Ultra thread yesterday but I'm much more fascinated by setups that are not CDJs, with so much technology out there it's possible to create your own "instrument" and perform how you want to perform, which can be as cheap or as expensive as you want it.

Just came across this video of Richie Hawtin explaining his own setup and thought it was quite interesting.

How I PLAY: Richie Hawtin MODEL 1 DJ Setup

So much respect to this guy. Weather you like his music or not, you can't deny his technical ability to truly create "music out of other music" vs DJs that play one tracks outro into anothers intro, followed by a Jesus pose and screaming "Get yo fucking hands up"

It's no secret that Axwell and Ingrosso were heavily into drugs during the SMH days. So can we please get them back on that stuff because that Ultra set is a new all time low.

I was having to turn the volume down in my car because I was embarrassed at some of the stuff they were playing (especially the intro. WTF). I don't want trap or rap in a set. I don't want you constantly on the mic. Let your music do the talking. You've gone from the Swedish House Mafia to the middle aged Dimitri Vegas and Like Mike.

On the plus side it's two months til EPIC 5.0

Anth0ny

Hey guys as an update we're currently at 830k in a little over a week! Let's make it a million!! This is so crazy!

I've never had people listen to something I had a part in writing so much so quickly (except the Bieber record but that's not fair with Bieber fans) Just feeling very lucky. Thanks to everyone who has given it a listen and even shared.

https://soundcloud.com/whoskid/lose-myself-ft-phil-good

that's awesome, congrats! great song :)

Fuck.... The last two days of the Ultra livestream was just a blur for me due to non-stop drinking with the family and friends. I barely remember anything. I checked reddit and apparently Dash ended his set with a Hardstyle remix? I sort of remember Hardwell ending on Future Bass? Zedd was.... ? DJ Snake? Justice? ASOT?

Ashhong

Fuck.... The last two days of the Ultra livestream was just a blur for me due to non-stop drinking with the family and friends. I barely remember anything. I checked reddit and apparently Dash ended his set with a Hardstyle remix? I sort of remember Hardwell ending on Future Bass? Zedd was.... ? DJ Snake? Justice? ASOT?

Where can I find the sets? Was it broadcasted separately from the videos?

1. Just met Martin Solveig lol
2. That Calvin Harris song sounds like it'll be fire, excited!

How is he? What did you two talk about, fam? His energy is just so good. Saw bits and pieces of his Ultra set and he is something else. He looks like he genuinely wants to party with the crowd, too.

Aomber

How is he? What did you two talk about, fam? His energy is just so good. Saw bits and pieces of his Ultra set and he is something else. He looks like he genuinely wants to party with the crowd, too.

Nice guy. Didn't get a chance to speak to him for long because it was in such a random place and he was with his family, didn't want to be rude. I didn't even think it was him at first to be honest because I didn't even know he had a wife and kid, and I knew he was just in Miami so I didn't expect to see him in New York. Just got a chance to introduce myself and let him know I was a fan, he and his family were friendly nevertheless

I WAS hoping to give him my card but yeah, wrong time and place. Just goes to show why I'm trying to move to this city

Sober watching Hardwell's set. He is the king of Big Room Mainstage for a reason.

Yooooo, that M83 Midnight City transition/mashup with Paris was lit.

The Trap and Dubstep kind of ruin the beginning-middle for me.

I just can't stand Axwell /\ Ingrosso's set anymore. I was so turned off listening to it.

The Nicky Romero set was decent and I keep forgetting that he tries to use his actual DJ skills.

Listened to the full Showtek set, also. Being a Big Room, Trap set was pretty boring. They just don't have the energy that a Hardwell, Garrix, Zedd can bring to the mainstage.

I think Be-At.tv Youtube has the full Resistance set. 10+ hours of some damn fine music. Lol, I'll probably skip around to people I know or recognize. I can't be fucked to listen to that entirely.

cj_iwakura

Sober watching Hardwell's set. He is the king of Big Room Mainstage for a reason.

Yooooo, that M83 Midnight City transition/mashup with Paris was lit.

The Trap and Dubstep kind of ruin the beginning-middle for me.

I just can't stand Axwell / Ingrosso's set anymore. I was so turned off listening to it.

The Nicky Romero set was decent and I keep forgetting that he tries to use his actual DJ skills.

Listened to the full Showtek set, also. Being a Big Room, Trap set was pretty boring. They just don't have the energy that a Hardwell, Garrix, Zedd can bring to the mainstage.

I think Be-At.tv Youtube has the full Resistance set. 10+ hours of some damn fine music. Lol, I'll probably skip around to people I know or recognize. I can't be fucked to listen to that entirely.
Moudaber and Eats Everything are the highlights so far. Hot Since 82 was good too.

I really enjoyed SVD pres p.haze 3. Some of those tracks were fire. Plus im bias and love a big majority of his work. I need to find a tracklist though.

Oh shit..... New Yellow Claw and Deorro album out today. Damn. Gotta check them out.

Need to find a link not to spotify though (no premium).

(First listen) Hm.... I understand that as an artist you want to experiment as much as possible but.... Sorry Deorro, I just can't fuck with that album. There are some tracks that I do fuck with but the album doesn't do anything for me. It's a decently-good produced album though. Sort of varied but you can see and hear who influenced him in most of the tracks.

Soundcloud link: Good Evening Full Album Mix by Deorro

Top Bottom