• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EEDAR releases console hardware chart, has Xbox One at 20 million as of December 2015

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Thanks to Lime for finding this. I think the Xbox One is the only one we didn't have numbers for.

hardware1oakf.png

Source: http://www.eedar.com/blog/eedar-insights-gdc16

Cess007

Had to look up to know what was EEDAR lol

So, the PS3 outsold the 360 officially now? I remember being a debate about that. It looks like that on the graph

So Wii U half the Xbox One sales? I wanna see the receipts.

Unless I'm seeing it wrong, it looks like more than half.

PS3 overtakes X360? Disappointing, but well, that's mainly MS fault that they fucked up end of previous gen and beginning of current gen.

Bruno MB

Nintendo 3DS looks low, it doesn't look like it reaches 50 million units in that chart while Nintendo shipments had it at 57.94 million units.

Nintendo says the 3DS sold 57.94 million units as of December 31st. Doesn't really seem to line up with this, unless I'm missing something.

I think you're right, looks like it's less then 55M in the graph.

The Vita numbers seems to be a bit below 10M which can't be right since we know that it passed it several years ago.

PS3 overtakes X360? Disappointing, but well, that's mainly MS fault that they fucked up end of previous gen and beginning of current gen.

Disappointing in what way? Sony's first party really brought it last gen, while lacklustre probably isn't a strong enough word to describe MS's (in the last couple years). PS3 deserved to catch up.

Trago

Disappointing in what way? Sony's first party really brought it last gen, while lacklustre probably isn't a strong enough word to describe MS's. PS3 deserved to catch up.

I'd say there were more factors to consider when talking about the PS3's comeback. Lots of going back to the drawing board to be competitive.

stanis

Banned
is the ps3 equal or more than the 360 I cant tell.

amazing considering all those repurchases of the 360 due to the countless rrod

FZZ

Banned
I always found it weird that for every other console they use the stock PR picture, but for Wii U it's always some non-official picture

spons

Gold Member
is the ps3 equal or more than the 360 I cant tell.

amazing considering all those repurchases of the 360 due to the countless rrod

Don't forget the more than a million Xbox Live bans, pirates gotta buy a new console.

Trago

Even though the PS4's the clear market leader at the moment, I'd say the Xbox One's numbers are still respectable. Microsoft had a lot of damage controlling to do this generation, and to close in on 20 million is an impressive feat.

Now, how much is sells in comparison to the 360 is another thing. And we should also consider the rumored upgrades as well and how they will count in terms of the sales for the generation.

Strange times ahead.

Noobcraft

MS have the numbers, but aren't sharing them. All anyone else can do is project.
Chip manufacturers might know. I saw IBM's numbers for last gen consoles during a visit to IBM several years ago alongside a popped open 360 and PS3. I don't know what their source was, I just remember that the 360 was ahead by like 10-15m units at that time.

impact

Banned
Wii U in the same ballpark as the Vita is fucking gross. the latter should have never crossed 5 mill

lmao are you serious with this? they both have less than five exclusives worth playing, they both deserve those shameful sales.

Is the Vita ahead of the Wii U?

No idea. Not in that chart, at least. Whenever a Sony product fails, they go to great lengths to obscure any unflattering numbers from the public. If you google "Nintendo hardware sales", you'll find a page on Nintendo's website with LTD HW/SW sales for Wii U as of Dec 2015. I very much appreciate that kind of transparency.

Wonder if the PS3 can overtake the Wii before it's discontinued.

Is it not discontinued? I had to replace my launch model about a month ago (finally died), and not a single major retailer had one. I had to buy from an Amazon reseller to get a new one.

Top Bottom