• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

eFootball 2022 launches with Overwhelmingly Negative Reviews on Steam

Bullet Club

MehFootball

b6wskYK.png

RVyisPr.png

W2Z8zBc.png

eFootball 2022 launches with Overwhelmingly Negative Reviews on Steam​

Konami has just launched eFootball 2022 on Steam and in just a few hours, the game has received over 2000 negative reviews on Steam. We usually don’t share such stories but this is an exception as eFootball 2022 is a brand new game that has just been released.

According to Steam, there are currently around 2400 reviews. Among them, only 8% are positive reviews. The game has currently an Overwhelmingly Negative rating, something that reflects how most PES fans feel about the franchise.

eFootball 2022 is a free-to-play soccer game that uses Unreal Engine. According to Konami, this first release is basically a demo release as it lacks a lot of content. It’s also worth noting that the game does not feature any Master League mode. Konami plans to add it as paid DLC in the future.

A lot of the reviews mention some weird character animations and physics. And… well… as I wrote when Konami released its first gameplay trailer.

“Now my biggest gripe with it is that, and similarly to previous versions of both PES and FIFA, the players feel like sliding on ice. Their movements do not appear to be natural and lack weight. This, in my opinion, is a major issue and from the looks of it eFootball does not address it.”

From the looks of it, I was right. So yeah, don’t expect any major gameplay improvements in eFootball 2022. Not only that, but PES fans have waited two whole years for… this. How the mighty has fallen.

But anyway, you can go ahead and try eFootball 2022 as it’s available for free on Steam!

Source: DSOG

anthony2690

Banned
Didn't they even take an extra year for this? :/

Maybe then knew it was bad and that's why they didn't call it PES...

Last edited:

VN1X

Banned
I'm so confused... the main competitor to FIFA goes free to play (???) and then they launch out of nowhere (to me anyway) only on Steam (??) and the reviews are negative across the board?

Wat.

ClosBSAS

so..is pc version on par with console next gen or do we get the same false advertisement treatment from fifa 22?

cormack12

Gold Member
I'm so confused... the main competitor to FIFA goes free to play (???) and then they launch out of nowhere (to me anyway) only on Steam (??) and the reviews are negative across the board?

Wat.

Its free on consoles as well. Can download it now.

Skifi28

Negative reviews on steam don't mean much honestly. I remember they were negging monster hunter because they didn't like the movie. A game not getting negative reviews is far more impressive.

SCB3

It’s free to play everywhere and cross play with Mobile, so I guess it’s gonna be on parity with Mobile

well back to FIFA then, at least I have fun not spending on MTX, I prefer it

TLZ

Banned
From the looks of it, I was right.
Actually no. FIFA is ultra skatey while PES (efootball) this time isn't. In fact it feels too heavy. Players feel too weighty and sluggish. They need to loosen them more but not make them skatey. I had to play it on +2 speed to make it less sluggish and more responsive, and players still felt too weighty.

There are definitely issues with the physics though. The game is too physical which is cool, but it feels buggy and incomplete. Players leaving the ball to shield 2 metres away from the ball is very wrong. I've seen many weird animations happening.

The game shows it's version 0.9, which obviously shows it's unfinished. I don't know why they released it in this state.

When they fix these issues the game will play much better. Shooting actually feels very satisfying.

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
Farewell, was nice knowing you. This sort of damage will be impossible to overcome given the already small user base, the only thing it had going for it was ‘slightly better gameplay than FIFA’, and now they’ve fucked that up.

The Fox engine was heralded as a great thing for PES, and now they’ve changed to UE?

Idiots man. Greedy idiots.

justiceiro

Marlboro: Other M
I'm all in for the end of annual releases, but Konami being Konami, i don't see this release being anything but monetization galore for every basic feature.

jigglet

Banned
Why does a GaaS game have the year (2022) in the title? I don't think they even know what they're doing.

Roufianos

PES 2017 was godly, no idea how we've come to this. Not even bothered to download it, pretty clear it's as bad, if not worse, than we all thought.

Last edited:

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
This is what happens when you take a simple concept, football, and try to rinse the absolute fuck out of it for money

'Fuck gamers, fuck football, you like football? fuck you! we want money and we'll fuck everything to get it'

Well done Konami.

xPikYx

The way to go is 2021 with mods for another year. What piss me off the most is the graphical false advertising, last year there was that CGI Messi that now revealed to be exactly what it was: CGI. Really shit! I hate this false next gen, I don't even blame too much Konami for this, but the big console makers. They f****d up really wrong this time around with this alleged "next gen consoles" which are just an UPDATE of the previous gen pro versions. 4k, HDR, 120hz how can you support this with 10/12 tf toys? So far ridicolous, I'm still waiting for a next gen game? When? I was expecting much more from this given the 2 years gap, I thought they were really pushing on a truly next Gen experience given the importance of the franchise. So disappointing

Klik

2 years and then we get this.. Im a big PES fan but this is over for me. Im done with them. I dont care about graphics but gameplay is terrible. You have like 30% of control what player do

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
Craig is finally dethroned. It's sad because a lot of us stuck with PES based on the new engine promise. And this is the shit they put out. Terror fuel for the eyes? Looks like they are not just using fake team names now but fake faces as well.

Really sad to see this.

I miss the glory days of PES, but I still have many old versions to enjoy. I'll just pretend they stopped making the game. ;) (I guess they really did. :p)

Top Bottom