• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EG: Alien: Isolation modder adds VR support (rift currently, vive possibly later)

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
https://github.com/Nibre/MotherVR/releases/

New Things
  • VR Controller Input - You can now play the game using just the Oculus Touch or Vive Controllers! The UI even updates to reflect the VR input mappings, allowing you to switch between whichever input device you want on the fly. For actions that aren't commonly shown on screen, you can see what they're mapped to for your platform at Options ->MotherVR->Input->View Controls. Because of the lack of distinct tactile buttons on the Vive, for the Flashlight I've instead added a gesture that can action it--just hold your right hand near your head, and press Interact. It's pretty immersive, because you feel like your physically handling the Flashlight strapped on your head. This works on all platforms, but is required for the Vive (along with any other 'Y' mapped actions).
  • Mirror View - You can now see what's happening in VR through the game window. I've added a few settings for it, though there's still room for improvement regarding the quality.
  • In-game Settings - No more command-line arguments! Now there are a bunch of settings that you can change without leaving the game. Here they are so far;

TacosNSalsa

I don't think my heart meds are strong enough for something like this ...
6iWpCFZ.gif

Skyfox

As has been said many times before about Alien Isolation, the only problem is that the game is in fact TOO good.

The team who made this are legendary.

I only have a PSVR and I still haven’t completed the game but it would be cool to get a patch in the future somehow.

It’d be stereoscopic 3d with this guy’s mod right?

I don't understand?

I played this on the DK2 years ago. Alien isolation has always had VR support built in, all you had to do was adjust a line of text in one of the files to turn vr to [ON]

What's changed?

I don't understand?

I played this on the DK2 years ago. Alien isolation has always had VR support built in, all you had to do was adjust a line of text in one of the files to turn vr to [ON]

What's changed?
A modder improved it, adding motion controller support and tweakable settings among other things. I got excited seeing this bumped thinking he had finally updated it 😢

Top Bottom