• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EGM December 2008 reviews + rumors

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I just got the new issue...have these been posted yet? I dont want to waste my time, couldnt find an old thread and I usually get my EGM issues late.

Game of the month is Gears of War 2 and Little Big Planet.

Rumors:
-Little Big Planet getting Metal Gear Solid and Final Fantasy content packs. Official Disney LBP content to be revealed in 2009 (Steamboat Willie could be the first Disney content)
-LBP PSP version in 2009. "...fantastically ambitious and will further flesh out the PS3 LBP experience."
-MediaMolecule's next project may be an online RPG game.
-CliffB's next game is a survival horror game, over the top gore and psychological. Maybe multiplatorm.
-Silicon Knight's unannounced long-in-development Sega title is looking for a new publisher.
-BottleRocket making a Flash game (DC superhero)
-Brash Entertainment is gone thanks to shit like Alvin And the Chipmunks, Jumper and Space Chimps.
-Capcom bringing Forgotten Worlds to XBLA/PSN
-Square Enix quietly cancelling FF:CC Crystal Bearers for Wii. Look for FF:CC Echoes of Time for DS and Wii.

Reviews:

Wii Music: A-, B-, C
Mushroom Men: The Spore Wars: C
Mirror's Edge: A-, B+, B
Far Cry 2: B+, B, B-
Need for Speed Undercover: B
Endwar: C, C-, C+
Fallout 3: A, B+, A+
Dead Space: B+, B-, B+
Spider-Man: Web of Shadows: C+
Little Big Planet: A+, A, A
Saints Row 2: B, B-, B+
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2009: A-
Motorstorm Pacific Rift: A-, A, B+
Gears of War 2: A, A+, A
Fable 2: A, A-, A-
Valykria Chronicles: A-
Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm: B-
Banjo Kazooie Nuts & Bolts: A-, B-, C
Chrono Trigger: A
Tecmo Bowl: Kickoff: C, C+, B+
Korg DS-10: A-
Ninjatown: B+

kenta

Has no PEINS
Haven't been posted yet, but the rumors always get posted on 1UP well before the issue actually goes out

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
jjasper said:
I know one of the rumors is that FFCC for Wii has been cancelled.

Which goes along with their rumor like a year ago that it was in trouble.

Sigh

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Endwar so low ? GT gave the game a far higher score...still bitter about the ac/ubi disaster last year ?

schuelma

kenta said:
Haven't been posted yet, but the rumors always get posted on 1UP well before the issue actually goes out

Not all of the rumors though

-Kh-

Banned
Edit: disregard :lol

Edit 2:

Mandewd said:
Strange there's that much distribution on banjo kazooie

Not really strange. Since when does people have the same tastes?

It just shows how some people liked the new BK, and some other don't like it and prefer the old BK.

Kinda same as in Wii Music, is one of those games that you like or not.

deejay8595

my posts are "MEH"
Ok...Where are the rumors? I hate when people put stuff in their thread title but its nowhere to be found inside of the thread..ughhhh

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Great month overall.
DS owners: Korg DS-10 is pure sex. So so awesome.
I personally thought Dead Space should've gotten a higher score.

jjasper said:
I know one of the rumors is that FFCC for Wii has been cancelled.

This is how you know that the rumors section is half just stuff that the rumors person made up to fill space so that the true rumors aren't as obvious.

deejay8595 said:
Ok...Where are the rumors? I hate when people put stuff in their thread title but its nowhere to be found inside of the thread..ughhhh

He JUST got the magazine. Give him a second to read them and type them up. Jesus.

yoopoo

Banned
"CliffB's next game is a survival horror game, over the top gore and psychological. Maybe multiplatorm."

How's that a rumor? That was confirmed in the EA PR.

Big-E

Dead Space did not get enough love. It should be a Game of the Year candidate and as of right now, I think I would put it into my top 3 games this year.

KTallguy said:
Dead Space and Fable 2 should switch scores.

Absolutely agree with this.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Let me guess: Jen is the one that gave Wii Music an "A"

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
LPB for PSP would be awesome. Instant buy if true as long as its by MM and not fished out.

-MediaMolecule's next project may be an online RPG game.

Made by 30 something people who can't do netcode properly. They'll be lucky.
I don't think Media Molecule wants to grow so much to produce a traditional RPG as we know it. Unless they have some little big RPG idea that change our perception of the MMO- I'd say this is bullshit right now.

schuelma

Angry Grimace said:
Let me guess: Jen is the one that gave Wii Music an "A"

I'm going to "guess" you are right, since her review was posted online like 3 weeks ago.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
KTallguy said:
Dead Space and Fable 2 should switch scores.
100% agreed. Dead Space was the surprise of the year for me. It is the equivalent to what Bioshock was for me last year.

Wario64 said:
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2009: A-

how is this possible? The game looks and plays incredibly dated and has been nothing more then roster updates with minor changes for years. SvR has made the Madden franchise look like little big planet in terms of innovation.

Zilch

Banned
If the rumor about MediaMolecule's next project is true, I just might be sending my resume/reel their way...

Top Bottom