• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EGM GET! Zelda pics.. HFS!

koam

I just picked up the EGM issue with Zelda on the cover that I spoke about in the Nintendo conference. I'm at work now, finish in an hour (in other words, don't ask for scans). There are new Zelda shots, looks GREAT. There's also pics of monkey ball, tony hawk, rayman and red steel. Reading now, impressions later.

sammy

koam said:
I just picked up the EGM issue with Zelda on the cover that I spoke about in the Nintendo conference. I'm at work now, finish in an hour (in other words, don't ask for scans). There are new Zelda shots, looks GREAT. There's also pics of monkey ball, tony hawk, rayman and red steel. Reading now, impressions later.

READ FASTER DAMMIT!

.... what's the *secret*

Ive seen the scans of the time article and the zelda pic looked like they may have applied some kind of "painted" look to the game, have they?

Read the zelda stuff first, I want to know whether or not zelda tp wii :D use l targeting.

koam

No more muddy graphics.. replaced with oversaturated textures. It actually looks nice. More of an anime feel but Link's model is the same and looks fantabulous.

littlewig

Banned
The Zelda screens look so nice that it has either switched to Wii, or the game is going to get a Wii specific release.

No way can they have that texture work on a GC disc.

koam said:
No more muddy graphics.. replaced with oversaturated textures. It actually looks nice. More of an anime feel but Link's model is the same and looks fantabulous.
Good. Good. Good. Glad to hear Zelda is getting a facelift. God, it needed one badly.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
Well, found the TIME scan easy enough. Tennis looks better than was said. Zelda....well it's a terrible scan, can't really tell.

SantaC

OMGGGGGG *dies*

Your mission Koam, whether or not you choose to accept it, is to get these scans on GAF before it crashes. Failure will result in death by Wiimote multiple orifice insertion.

koam

SECRETS!!!

$249 Price tag
Virtual Console (we knew this)
3d Controlle (we knew this)
ALWAYS online (console is always online, even when OFF)
Built in speaker on the controller

littlewig said:
The Zelda screens look so nice that it has either switched to Wii, or the game is going to get a Wii specific release.

No way can they have that texture work on a GC disc.

I'm happy with that.

If there is no GCN version ... I mean yeah that'd be tough beans, but honestly if you like the Zelda series you have to buy a Wii sooner or later anyway. Let the GCN die and be done with it already.

Koam, can you give us some specifics as to what is going on in the shots? Also, where in Montreal did you find this magazine for sale?

jarosh

gamespot already down. new zelda pics. tennis. tony hawkward. square enix conference orgy, 2 wii games, sony conference in 2.5 hours. pre-e3 leaks. new 360 trailers. angst sonic. gaf slooow

the internet explodes (prematurely).

No.1

PuertoRicanJuice said:
Your mission Koam, whether or not you choose to accept it, is to get these scans on GAF before it crashes. Failure will result in death by Wiimote multiple orifice insertion.

Exactly. Take one for the team :)

Probationsmack said:
Ive seen the scans of the time article and the zelda pic looked like they may have applied some kind of "painted" look to the game, have they?

Read the zelda stuff first, I want to know whether or not zelda tp wii :D use l targeting.
You're looking at a ~400x280 portion of a scan where even the text looks funky. Don't try and read too much into it.

koam said:
SECRETS!!!

$249 Price tag
Built in speakers? Damn. This could be interesting. I'm pissing my pants here.

koam

someone make GAF work better so I can post more info.

don't worry about the scans, they'll come.

LOL at the $249 price point.

No way can Nintendo justify that even with 2 controllers in the box.

That must be a mistake on EGM's part.

Mama Smurf

$250? Oh shit!

I have a hard time believing Nintendo actually have a price point set yet though, was it from them or EGM's speculation/rumour?

Roders5

Iwata een bom zal droppen
koam said:
SECRETS!!!

$249 Price tag
The speaker, does it say anything more about that?

koam said:
SECRETS!!!

$249 Price tag

Wow, 249, don't know what to think about that, speaker on the controller (not a microphone it sounds like which is what first came to mind), weird, see what they do with it,

249 dollar pricetag? Expect the usual suspects to show up.

I wish the wiimote had a built in mic too, but I guess it will be cool to hear sword sounds coming from the wagglewand whilst sword fighting in zelda.

sammy

"Always Online" AWESOME! ----- I hope this will be the first home-console with a built in 'sleep function' for games!

the whole "Wii" thing is making more sense - but still, i hope there's more secrets...

$249?? that better come with a game, and a controller shell ----- still, much better than $399 for a 360

MrSardonic

The nerdiest nerd of all the nerds in nerdland
wtf! $249! :lol

And when you say "speaker", do you really mean speaker and not microphone? Wtf could they use a speaker in the wiimote for?

Trevelyon

Oh shi... $249!?! God damn, that's gonna be a tough sell. Launch line-up better something spectacular to justify that price tag. :lol

Mama Smurf

Those controller's must be expensive as fuck. I agree that it better come with two now.

Some of us (not me) guessed that speaker in the controller thing as a secret way back when we first heard about it. Go us?

LakeEarth

Time Magazine Wii article.

And the N64 was supposed to be $250, and went down to $199 before it was released. I'm not 100% but I think the same for the Gamecube. I bet it'll happen again.

Saoh

jarosh said:
gamespot already down. new zelda pics. tennis. tony hawkward. square enix conference orgy, 2 wii games, sony conference in 2.5 hours. pre-e3 leaks. new 360 trailers. angst sonic. gaf slooow

the internet explodes (prematurely).

GAF too! :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

my connection times out sometimes. i just love E3, im LMAO here at work.

XMonkey

lacks enthusiasm.
$249? That is not good.... not only is that going to be close to X360+hdd when Wii comes out (if rumors hold true) but it means that Sony now can jack up the PS3 price. Why Nintendo, whyyyyyyyy

always online = good stuff.

All the consoles should be this way. Now emulate the 360 dashboard and get rid of friend codes Nintendo :)

Top Bottom