• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EGM got here quick this month

Milhouse31 said:
It has to be said : Where are THE RUMOURS ???

Didn't 1up.com already post most of this month's rumours?

Also SMG was reviewed by Shane, Jeremy and Shoe.
They have reviewed it but it didn't make the issue.

Jeremy's score is a 9.5

Listening to Shoe and Shane on the EGM Live.. their scores will be very similar to that.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
AltogetherAndrews said:
3x 8.5? Really? Don't fucking tell me, no MP.

It's 1Up/EGM. They like to take off points for stupid shit. 8.5 is respectable though. I fully expect 8.0-8.5 to be on the lower end of the spectrum.

ggnoobIGN

Banned
egmfan89 said:
Fire Emblem: 9,9, 8.5
dunk.jpg

mr stroke

PepsimanVsJoe said:
I like how Blacksite Area 51 and Timeshift got around the same scores. A match made in mediocrity.
+1
Who's smart idea was it to release those turds during x-mas??I think they would have sold a ton more in Jan/Feb 08

ethelred

It's nice to see such good scores for Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn. This is one of the best SRPGs ever made; Intelligent Systems has outdone themselves and it is hard to see how they'll top this masterpiece.

GeoramA

So Uncharted's getting an 8.5 from 1up I presume? I guess that's the highest they're gonna score Sony games this gen.

tanod

when is my burrito
The consistency of the Uncharted scores actually make me feel a lot more comfortable about picking it up. Can't wait. :D

LukeSmith

AltogetherAndrews said:
3x 8.5? Really? Don't fucking tell me, no MP.

Dude, you've said countless times that only Edge and Eurogamer scores count! These don't even matter to you! Stop stirring the pot! ;)

Darkman M

Why no galaxy's review? Anyone else notice egm has been late with alot of big game reviews lately? Uncharted is making it harder for me to resist getting a PS3 until MGS4.

GeoramA said:
So Uncharted's getting an 8.5 from 1up I presume? I guess that's the highest they're gonna score Sony games this gen.

Shane gave Heavenly Sword a 9.

Darkman M said:
Why no galaxy's review? Anyone else notice egm has been late with alot of big game reviews lately? Uncharted is making it harder for me to resist getting a PS3 until MGS4.

I'm speaking for skip here but I'm pretty sure it's because Nintendo didn't give them Galaxy in time.

Obaid

Banned
skip said:
kane & lynch review on 1UP today, uncharted tomorrow morning.

1up reviews uncharted: 7.0

- The cover system is stolen from Gears
- The animations are not real, atleast we dont find them real
- The guns are not balanced
- It plays in jungle, it was used too often
- there are tearing and frame drops, for that reason graphic sux
- it is on ps3

farnham

Banned
Fire Emblem, companions walk
The endless path together.

In the wavering shadow of spite,
Our home is faced by the oncoming spear,
Engulfed in flames.

I keep that unforgettable day in my heart
And now rise up together with my companions.

Fire Emblem, our bond shall be never broken.

We hold fast to protect tomorrow
And the one who awaits our return.

Fire Emblem, light gathers on the flag we unfurl.

Fire Emblem, we gaze upon the multitude of stars,
Gripping our blades.

If we do not bring light to the darkness in these lands,
The shooting stars will soar over a wasteland.

Fire Emblem, on whom does the morning sun shine
As she climbs over the edge of battle?

ggnoobIGN

Banned
mr stroke said:
+1
Who's smart idea was it to release those turds during x-mas??I think they would have sold a ton more in Jan/Feb 08
TimeShift will sell I think. They've been advertising it like a big Holiday title and the TV trailers are actually badass.

People will buy it. Stupid people, but people no less.

As for Area 51, well, it's a sequel of a pretty popular game. It'll see decent figures.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
As much as I was hoping K&L to be the shit, I knew IO would drop the ball. Damn shame.

Loudninja

Obaid said:

- it is on ps3

:lol dude dont do that

Obaid said:

- it is on ps3
I'll wager your immortal soul that 1up gives Uncharted higher than a 7.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Y2Kev said:
Uncharted :\
Mass Effect :)

Over a total of 30 points, there's two points between them..so there must be a very fine line between that :\ and :) ... :p

Great scores, I'm most looking forward to them both.

BenjaminBirdie said:
Didn't Ratchet already score higher?

I think Ratchet got 8.5, 9 and 9. The Uncharted reviews might be spot on, who knows. I'd say that judging by the demo the scores seem awfully generous, but then I'd have to start watching my back in my own camp.

I just want to know if it got docked based on a lack of MP so that I can bitch about that. It's my favorite bitching stone right now.

Dyno

VASPER said:
How the fuck did Kayne and lynch get better reviews, i was hoping that Area 51 was good guess not.

Seriously! Kane and Lynch has looked phoned in from Day 1. Must be something surprising in there.

bud

an 8.5 is higher than i expected from a gears of war that takes place in the jungle and has some added every now and then platforming

Obaid

Banned
Segata Sanshiro said:
I'll wager your immortal soul that 1up gives Uncharted higher than a 7.

well we will see, microsoft own some part of them. How could they give a ps3 titel a good score?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
gofreak said:
Over a total of 30 points, there's two points between them..so there must be a very fine line between that :\ and :) ... :p

Great scores, I'm most looking forward to them both.

I wanted it to be really awesomesauce. I'm just overreacting. I'm sure I will still love it though.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
bud said:
an 8.5 is higher than i expected from a gears of war that takes place in the jungle and has some added every now and then platforming

Classic.

Dyno said:
Seriously! Kane and Lynch has looked phoned in from Day 1. Must be something surprising in there.

The concept of the multiplayer is pretty interesting. At least it's different. I don't remember what was so great about it but...I remember reading it and being impressed.

skip

K&L has some good story, good dialogue, and some really neat environments/setpieces.

not enough Lynch insanity, though.

Top Bottom