• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EGM got here quick this month

Tieno

AltogetherAndrews said:
I think Ratchet got 8.5, 9 and 9. The Uncharted reviews might be spot on, who knows. I'd say that judging by the demo the scores seem awfully generous, but then I'd have to start watching my back in my own camp.

I just want to know if it got docked based on a lack of MP so that I can bitch about that. It's my favorite bitching stone right now.
Nick Sutner gave Ratchet a 9.5.

I hope they dock it for mp for you AA, just to see you happy.

IzumiK

Banned
Obaid said:
1up reviews uncharted: 7.0

- The cover system is stolen from Gears
- The animations are not real, atleast we dont find them real
- The guns are not balanced
- It plays in jungle, it was used too often
- there are tearing and frame drops, for that reason graphic sux
- it is on ps3

If you're guesses are wrong, I hope you get banned.

And the cover system has been in a lot of other games before Gears.

AltogetherAndrews said:
I think Ratchet got 8.5, 9 and 9. The Uncharted reviews might be spot on, who knows. I'd say that judging by the demo the scores seem awfully generous, but then I'd have to start watching my back in my own camp.

:lol

Sad but true. Good luck out there, my friend.

bud

skip said:
K&L has some good story, good dialogue, and some really neat environments/setpieces.

not enough Lynch insanity, though.

and what about its michael mann-ness? is it like playing collateral/heat: the game?

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
IzumiK said:

Lies. Gears of War invented every gameplay mechanic known to man.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Needs more pros and cons for the reviews. Working off the scores alone is meh. Mass Effect, Uncharted, and some others please. :D

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Y2Kev said:
I wanted it to be really awesomesauce.

Well, I think there's a good chance it will be..judging by the demo at least, and this score :) All 8.5s is a nice score, it's barely off ME's, and I don't see too many complaints about that.

LukeSmith

AltogetherAndrews said:

I just want to know if it got docked based on a lack of MP so that I can bitch about that. It's my favorite bitching stone right now.

Easy Andrews, you don't want to anger the natives.

Holtz

bud said:
an 8.5 is higher than i expected from a gears of war that takes place in the jungle and has some added every now and then platforming
Indifferent2.gif

IzumiK said:

It's not a guess. It's a joke. 1up reviews are the lead EGM review. Getting a 7.0 would break space-time continuum.

bud said:
an 8.5 is higher than i expected from a gears of war that takes place in the jungle and has some added every now and then platforming

appropriate coming from a man who finds patrick stewart sexy....

good scores for ME and Uncharted...I prob expected better for both, either way...both seem quality

Mifune

Mehmber
AltogetherAndrews said:

You should give the Uncharted demo another shot. I didn't enjoy it first time through, either, but I have since seen the light.

skip

bud said:
and what about its michael mann-ness? is it like playing collateral/heat: the game?

at the beginning, that vibe is definitely there. there's some reservoir dogsiness to it, too. the language and characters stay fairly consistent, but the settings change frequently.

LukeSmith said:
Dude, you've said countless times that only Edge and Eurogamer scores count! These don't even matter to you! Stop stirring the pot! ;)

Eurogamer ceased to matter when they talked about the Hailstorm in Resistance MP unbalanced, and Edge scores suck, but the writing rocks. And hey, Skip is right here so I can bitch right at him!

jjasper

Man I have ignored Fire Emblem since 90% of the games I played in Sept and Oct were SRPGs, and I got kinda burned out. Looks like I am missing out.

watership

DevelopmentArrested said:
Thanks

Great scores for Galaxies.

I'm going to love this game. But when the default control is as broken as EGMlive has confirmed and you need to buy a classic controller to play the game, that should affect the score.

BryanI

AltogetherAndrews said:

Ratchet actually got a 9.5, 9.0, and 8.5 in EGM.

GW Galaxies:

John, 8.5: Classic gaming Roots, Lots of Variety, abundance of imagination and visual flair. Dislikes default control scheme, uncomfortable, To Enjoy use classic controller.
Nick, 7.0: Classic Controller lacks precision of the 360 controller. Additions are excellent, if you played the original one might have problems with Wii version.
Jennifer, 8.5: Lots of great tweaks and additions got pas the problems, more addictive, standard control is busted. Game has tons to love.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
DevelopmentArrested said:
GW Galaxies:

John, 8.5: Classic gaming Roots, Lots of Variety, abundance of imagination and visual flair. Dislikes default control scheme, uncomfortable, To Enjoy use classic controller.
Nick, 7.0: Classic Controller lacks precision of the 360 controller. Additions are excellent, if you played the original one might have problems with Wii version.
Jennifer, 8.5: Lots of great tweaks and additions got pas the problems, more addictive, standard control is busted. Game has tons to love.

Uncharted & ME please.

Jirotrom

watership said:
I'm going to love this game. But when the default control is as broken as EGMlive has confirmed and you need to buy a classic controller to play the game, that should affect the score.
it did affect the score... they stated that on EGM live.

J-Rzez

Dante said:
R&C was an 8.5

If that any indication, Uncharted is gonna be AMAZING :)

Most certainly considering anymore after what they gave Halo 3, it's clear that they expect much much more out of Playstation 3 games, thus their scores (minus Shane scores) and altered scale for them. I usually can assume that it would be .5-1.0 higher at least if not on the PS3. So 8.5 is a great score from them.

Anyways, Mass Effects scores are kind of low from them, what's their problems with the game?

skip said:
at the beginning, that vibe is definitely there. there's some reservoir dogsiness to it, too. the language and characters stay fairly consistent, but the settings change frequently.

Another question : how long is the game?

BryanI

J-Rzez said:
Most certainly considering anymore after what they gave Halo 3, it's clear that they expect much much more out of Playstation 3 games, thus their scores (minus Shane scores) and altered scale for them. I usually can assume that it would be .5-1.0 higher at least if not on the PS3. So 8.5 is a great score from them.

Anyways, Mass Effects scores are kind of low from them, what's their problems with the game?

Two 9.0s and a 9.5 is considered "low?" That's kooky talk.

skip

Littleberu said:
Another question : how long is the game?

not terribly long. 10ish on normal, maybe? I wasn't paying that close attention. the pacing was pretty good, though, so it didn't feel too short or too long.

Was expecting at least two tens for CoD4, but still great scores. Uncharted day one, and those scores for Mass Effect peaked my interest, need to read the reviews.

J-Rzez said:

:lol
Good god.

Top Bottom