• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EGM got here quick this month

skip said:
not terribly long. 10ish on normal, maybe? I wasn't paying that close attention. the pacing was pretty good, though, so it didn't feel too short or too long.

Puuurfect, then. Thanks for the answers! :)

It's very high in my most wanted list ; I know it has flaws and such, but the setting is too awesome to pass.

Ceb

You know DCharlie is regretting calling for that permaban now. :lol

Here, I'll take a bullet for him: "LOWSOME FUCKING SCORESOME!"

Still sold on Uncharted myself. 8.5 from EGM is a great score.

BryanI

Loudninja said:
Hey did you like Uncharted? :D

I haven't played the final game (wasn't on the review), but I've been impressed by what I've seen.

But it did get three 8.5s, so it must really blow.:D

Chipopo

Banned
J-Rzez said:
Most certainly considering anymore after what they gave Halo 3, it's clear that they expect much much more out of Playstation 3 games, thus their scores (minus Shane scores) and altered scale for them. I usually can assume that it would be .5-1.0 higher at least if not on the PS3. So 8.5 is a great score from them.

Anyways, Mass Effects scores are kind of low from them, what's their problems with the game?

:lol

you are a delight!

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Ceb said:
You know DCharlie is regretting calling for that permaban now. :lol

Here, I'll take a bullet for him: "LOWSOME FUCKING SCORESOME!"

Still sold on Uncharted myself. 8.5 from EGM is a great score.

What was DCharlie's bet?

J-Rzez

BryanI said:
Two 9.0s and a 9.5 is considered "low?" That's kooky talk.

Hmm? Oh, I'm sorry, you're confused that I put the high profile mega-hyped 360 exclusive scores on a different scale from EGM/1up. I usually deduct 1-1.5 on each to get a more sound opinion. Been fooled too many times. Only one I was pleasantly surprised with was Bioshock which is in my running for GOTY. The game deserves the scores it received.

Chipopo said:
you are a delight!

I try to keep my fans happy. :D

calder

Looking at the ME scores I wanted to make a joke about EGM having used up their whole supply of 10's for the fiscal year, but I missed the chance. Why didn't I click on this thread an hour ago? :(

Good scores for Uncharted, I suspect I'll like it even more but nothing alarming with 8.5's
waits to find out what's wrong with 8.5s
.:D

bud

skip said:
not terribly long. 10ish on normal, maybe? I wasn't paying that close attention. the pacing was pretty good, though, so it didn't feel too short or too long.

that's good to hear. and what about the ai? it seemed off in the last videos i'd seen.

thanks for answering the questions btw.

Jirotrom

Obaid said:
well we will see, microsoft own some part of them. How could they give a ps3 titel a good score?
haha... 1up and EGM are linked man. 3 8.5s from EGM one of those is the 1up score.

J-Rzez said:
Most certainly considering anymore after what they gave Halo 3, it's clear that they expect much much more out of Playstation 3 games, thus their scores (minus Shane scores) and altered scale for them. I usually can assume that it would be .5-1.0 higher at least if not on the PS3. So 8.5 is a great score from them.

Anyways, Mass Effects scores are kind of low from them, what's their problems with the game?

I had this whole thing about posts like this driving my therapist crazy but I abandoned it because this sort of thing just kind of leaves me dumbfounded.

Even the most cursory listen to 1up will tell you that there are tons of people at Ziff who play even more PS3 games than Shane (and yet he is mysteriously hailed as the console's lone defender in the enemy installation). It's also another perfect illustration of how ridiculous it is to put such emphasis on scores (see: bold).

Because the reality of the situation is that the reviewers believe Uncharted to be an above average game. Why in the fuck does that imply even the slightest bit of fundamental bias?

ETA: GOD DAMN IT WHY DID I PLAY ALONG.

LukeSmith

J-Rzez said:
Hmm? Oh, I'm sorry, you're confused that I put the high profile mega-hyped 360 exclusive scores on a different scale from EGM/1up. I usually deduct 1-1.5 on each to get a more sound opinion. Been fooled too many times. Only one I was pleasantly surprised with was Bioshock which is in my running for GOTY. The game deserves the scores it received.

I don't know what the Buddy List feature on GAF does, but I am about to find out!

J-Rzez said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sarYH0z948

skip

bud said:
that's good to hear. and what about the ai? it seemed off in the last videos i'd seen.

thanks for answering the questions btw.

they can be a challenge in groups, and from where you can't see them, but nothing too "intelligent" or tactical. matt's review today will talk about weird difficulty spikes, and I'd agree with that.

Dante

BryanI said:
I haven't played the final game (wasn't on the review), but I've been impressed by what I've seen.

But it did get three 8.5s, so it must really blow.:D

Crap :/

I was kinda hoping you were on the review because seemed like you had been doing a lot of the coverage on it, and I tend to have similar taste as you minus the Sports titles :D

Amir0x

Banned
Like I said in the other thread, I know I'd automatically take 1 to 2 points off any PS3 game just for being a PS3 game. But I don't claim to be unbiased!

GhaleonEB

BenjaminBirdie said:
Because the reality of the situation is that the reviewers believe Uncharted to be an above average game. Why in the fuck does that imply even the slightest bit of fundamental bias?

Because it would have been a 9.0 or 9.5 if it was on 360. Der.

sprocket

Banned
I just hope uncharted sells a million + . Just because the industry is so oversaturated with FPS at the moment. We need more adventure games. If games like uncharted doesnt sell well I am afraid everyone will start pumping out even more FPS and less everything else.

BenjaminBirdie said:

Because you two dudes are cut from the same loin cloth. Don't deny yourself the pleasure of giving in to your hardcoded instincts.

FabCam said:
So Geo Wars is as good as Uncharted? :s

Danger danger dude, I think that might be one of those new bannable things there

Mindlog

The transposition of post count in one thread to post content in another is a widely understood and only mildly comical phenomena.

On the other hand I will be buying K&L :D

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
J-Rzez said:

J-rez, your conspiracy theories about 360 games only getting higher scores cause their on 360 doesn't jive well considering EGM's given quite a few Nintendo games 9s and 10s as well.

(oh god I'm defending egm, wtf have you done J-rez?)

J-Rzez

Oblivion said:
J-rez, your conspiracy theories about 360 games only getting higher scores cause their on 360 doesn't jive well considering EGM's given quite a few Nintendo games 9s and 10s as well.

(oh god I'm defending egm, wtf have you done J-rez?)

It's not really a conspiracy theory, it's just something that I've learned to do so I can get a clearer picture on their opinion of the game's integrity. It's not to offend anyone really, it's something I came to realize when I was sitting back in my chair relaxing playing Halo 3 while drinking some Hoegaarden with orange slices. It may help out others as well, the Hoegaarden beer too! I recommend it!

I'm not saying the scores are bad or good anymore really, it's something in my older, time-hardened days have come to realize. It's works well for me.

AltogetherAndrews said:
Because you two dudes are cut from the same loin cloth. Don't deny yourself the pleasure of giving in to your hardcoded instincts.

So wait, I'm as fanatical about gaming journalism as he is about the PS3? But I'm a cartoonist! I can't review anything!

Obaid said:
1up reviews uncharted: 7.0

- The cover system is stolen from Gears
- The animations are not real, atleast we dont find them real
- The guns are not balanced
- It plays in jungle, it was used too often
- there are tearing and frame drops, for that reason graphic sux
- it is on ps3

Sad but its the truth :(

Also IGN PS3 will be posting up the first exclusive Uncharted review tonight. They announced it on the latest podcast beyond.

Top Bottom