• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EGM got here quick this month

Jirotrom

AmericanNinja said:
Sad but its the truth :(

Also IGN PS3 will be posting up the first exclusive Uncharted review tonight. They announced it on the latest podcast beyond.
We have another one guys... I think its time for a ban bet...
JK

dionysus

Yaldog
I am pretty close to a ps3 fanboy, but these comments about an 8.5 for Uncharted are ridiculous especially when we haven't played it and none of us have even read the review text! 8.5 is a good score!

AmericanNinja said:
Sad but its the truth :(

Also IGN PS3 will be posting up the first exclusive Uncharted review tonight. They announced it on the latest podcast beyond.
Except it's false. You want to bet your immortal soul on that score too?

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
dr3upmushroom said:
Was expecting at least two tens for CoD4, but still great scores. Uncharted day one, and those scores for Mass Effect peaked my interest, need to read the reviews.
You mean "piqued", I think.
dictionary.com said:
pique1 /pik/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[peek] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation verb, piqued, piqu·ing, noun
–verb (used with object) 1. to affect with sharp irritation and resentment, esp. by some wound to pride: She was greatly piqued when they refused her invitation.
2. to wound (the pride, vanity, etc.).
3. to excite (interest, curiosity, etc.): Her curiosity was piqued by the gossip.
4. to arouse an emotion or provoke to action: to pique someone to answer a challenge.
5. Archaic. to pride (oneself) (usually fol. by on or upon).
–verb (used without object) 6. to arouse pique in someone: an action that piqued when it was meant to soothe.
–noun 7. a feeling of irritation or resentment, as from a wound to pride or self-esteem: to be in a pique.
8. Obsolete. a state of irritated feeling between persons.

Nice ratings for Mass Effect, Uncharted, CoD4, and Fire Emblem! Hopefully my experiences match or exceed those scores!

J-Rzez

dionysus said:
I am pretty close to a ps3 fanboy, but these comments about an 8.5 for Uncharted are ridiculous especially when we haven't played it and none of us have even read the review text! 8.5 is a good score!

Exactly! Just place the appropriate correction scale of comparision and it's all good!

Oh yeah, and what's the comments on Contra? I was interested in that as well.

Oh oh, and just curious about the summary of CoD4.

tanod

when is my burrito
I agree about Nick putting in some good reviews. He seems to be pretty close in line with my tastes.

OT:
sprocket said:
lol i like that rule.

The blood that's been flowing has been delicious. I'm really glad they've been doing that.

jjasper

Amir0x said:
if i said it, this thread would get off track and people would be all 'oh Amir0x hurr hurr'

do you want that, jjasper? Do you?

Not really. But even if you feel that way, stating it is just going to make these people who think there is a vendetta against PS3 look right.

Amir0x

Banned
jjasper said:
Not really. But even if you feel that way, stating it is just going to make these people who think there is a vendetta against PS3 look right.

I don't work for 1up. If those people want to look right, I can do it for them: I have a vendetta against the PS3. :p

tanod

when is my burrito
jjasper said:

We wouldn't want the crazy people to actually be right, would we?

Loudninja said:
You guys cheated on Uncharted, you look at each other scores!

How many souls do you have already?
I'm contracted, so I don't really remember how many I've gotten. You'd have to ask my boss, let's call him B. Stolar. Wait, that's too obvious, let's call him Bernie S.

Mifune

Mehmber
Amir0x said:
if i said it, this thread would get off track and people would be all 'oh Amir0x hurr hurr'

do you want that, jjasper? Do you?

Someday you will be struck down for your insolence. Maybe not today. Maybe not tomorrow. But there will come a time when your name will not appear in red, and that day, Amir0x, that day...

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Amir0x said:
I don't work for 1up. If those people want to look right, I can do it for them: I have a vendetta against the PS3. :p

Use that 20% KMart coupon already!

Didn't your old tag used to read "buys consoles to justify his trolling?"

USC-fan

Banned
no TENS this month????? must be a lot of sucky games.....

I thought for sure COD4 and mass effect would get 10's going by 1up scale.

J-Rzez

Amir0x said:
Like I said in the other thread, I know I'd automatically take 1 to 2 points off any PS3 game just for being a PS3 game. But I don't claim to be unbiased!

See? Everyone has their own scale which works for them! Everyone is happy! So that makes me happy too!

Ceb

Wollan said:
What? DC is perma'd (on request)? Did he give a reason for wanting so?

Free DC.

Oh the irony.

I'm surprised Nick thought R&C was a whole point better than Uncharted. Must be something about the combat mechanics since they're both meaty, hot-looking experiences. One of them more frantic, the other one more challenging.

jjasper

Amir0x said:

I don't know maybe I look at it differently cause I got the band stick once when I tried to feed their lunacy back when Motorstorm was released as a joke:lol

GeoramA

Kbsmoker said:
no TENS this month????? must be a lot of sucky games.....

I thought for sure COD4 and mass effect would get 10's going by 1up scale.
They're obviously saving the 10's for Killzone 2, GT5, and LBP. hahaha

Amir0x

Banned
jjasper said:
Yeah but it just feed em.

I don't know maybe I look at it differently cause I got the band stick cause I tried to feel their lunacy back when Motorstorm was released:lol

oh i don't think 1up is biased at all. I mean, I think individual people on 1up are biased - every reviewer on Earth is biased, actually - but I don't think collectively there is a 1up bias.

I am biased though. "B-b-but mods are supposed to be impartial"... or something. I'm biased! I'm biased against stupidity. My bias is totally independent of company grounds, it floats to whoever is least stupid.

J-Rzez said:
See? Everyone has their own scale which works for them! Everyone is happy! So that makes me happy too!

Correct me if I'm wrong but Amirox is using dry humor, sarcasm, etc here whereas you are being completely serious.

But maybeys I'm wrong who knows..

Off to get my copy of Galaxy this thread is delaying me.

J-Rzez

DevelopmentArrested said:
Correct me if I'm wrong but Amirox is using dry humor, sarcasm, etc here whereas you are being completely serious.

Can you get onto CoD4 today on XBL? I've been trying for about an hour now and it keeps freezing up, booting before match starts, the message of the day isn't loading.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes

Off to get my copy of Galaxy this thread is delaying me.

They didn't load the Sarcasm 2.0 Software into Amir0x.

calder

Well yes, but read the thread again and pretend the roles are reversed and Ami is dead serious to someone else's straight-man routine. The last 2 pages get kinda trippy.

J-Rzez

My friend can get in. I can't.

I get into the lobbies now, but when the countdown ends it just says "game lobby closed", guess I'll check the PS3 version now.

BobFromPikeCreek said:
You forgot to briskly walk away immediately after finishing your statement.

Yeah, my body wasn't set at an off-angle to the camera either. :(

yukoner

Amir0x said:
oh i don't think 1up is biased at all. I mean, I think individual people on 1up are biased - every reviewer on Earth is biased, actually - but I don't think collectively there is a 1up bias.

I am biased though. "B-b-but mods are supposed to be impartial"... or something. I'm biased! I'm biased against stupidity. My bias is totally independent of company grounds, it floats to whoever is least stupid.

My question is why 1UP and EGM are always in lockstep??

If you have 4 individuals reviewing a title, you would expect that at least ONE of them would have a differening opinion than the others.

But the way they have it now, with all 4 people miraculously coming to scores with .5 of eachother, really knocks their credibility down a couple notches.

Obviously the scores on 1UP and EGM come from the top down, and the individuals doing the reviews don't like to differ from what they've been told the game should score.

Speevy

Banned
Cons: would not play on the "Come play the games everyone wants, it prints 10s system of the year.

Pros: Did not take up too much time between more important games.

Top Bottom