• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

egm review scores - september 2007 (lair, blue dragon, mario strikers: charged, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Darji said:
maybe but if EGM the only one who felt that its a very bad game

EGM is not a person

then i am curios to hear their thoughts about the game and why they gave such a bad score.
It's called "the text of the review" which is summarized in the OP

yeah but they tested an early version and i am sure they played not through the whole game.

:/

Darji

Banned
sionyboy said:
Please don't tell me that you are taking those rumours from the fud thread at Gametrailers last night? IIRC you were the one who linked there after all.
i dont really believe it but I think it could be possible.

beelzebozo said:
september 2007 egm review scores. it's the issue with all the halo 3 info:
- io interactive (kane and lynch) making a kids' game

I would not call this game a "kids" game. Maybe if you compare that game with others games from io interactive (which are famous for they m rated games)

Some infos (from my source):

The devolpenig of the game began early 2006

Release: 2008

You can call - if you see the game - a highlight of 2008.

It is not a kids-game like Dewey but the game is for the whole family - like a Zelda game.

They are other Wii Eidos games in development.

Mini-Rant:

I just got this EGM issue yesterday (it doesn't pay off to be a subscriber, they send you your issue weeks after it's on new stands) and I'm appalled at the quality of the magazine, especially the Lair review. In the review Crispin B. was the only one who properly criticized the game. He managed to tell us why he didn't like it while Ford and Garnett just tried to sound hip while dissing the game. Example of Garnett's Hip-talk:
Garnett Lee said:
Oh, I swooned all right--like a first-year med student the first time they cut open a cadaver.
That analogy almost doesn't make sense, and it's ineffective for a game review when you only have 4-5 sentences to plead your case. In addition to this they asked Julian Eggebrecht questions about Lair. You'd think they'd be professional and ask good questions, but that's far too much to expect from them. Whoever asked the questions made an ass out of himself while also making himself look like he was too retarded to play the game correctly. You'd have to read for yourself to see what I'm talking about, but they essentially tried to duplicate the attitude of the Shoe-Peter Moore interview about the 360 way back when. They failed horribly and it made them look unprofessional and unreliable. I've never complained about EGM's unprofessional attitude (they're a video games magazine, for pete's sake) but now they're just being rude, stupid, and fake while giving us uninformative reviews. I've already decided to cancel my subscription the next time the renewal comes up. There are other magazines that are more deserving of my money.

Also, anyone read the Halo 3 article? That also was a mess. Although I like Perish, his article needed some work. There were several sentences that just didn't make sense, for example:
J. Parish said:
Earth's in a bad way.
Uh, horrible opening sentence for the article.
J. Parish said:
Flip your Warthog and they'll tell you what a dumbass you are, the fact that the heroic Master Chief outranks them be damned.
There was a page turn between the first part of that sentence and "be damned" and I looked several times to the middle of that sentence and just trying to make sense of it, but it was nowhere to be found and the sentence just didn't make sense. Maybe I'm dyslexic but I just couldn't make sense of that. Where's the editor, lawl?

GAZERK said:
Mini-Rant:

No, the most unprofessional thing about that issue was that they gave the developer of a game an equal amount of space to defend his game as they gave the review. What the **** is that nonsense?

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Garnett Lee said:
Oh, I swooned all right--like a first-year med student the first time they cut open a cadaver.

I work with Med Students and many of them are quite excited when they start cutting. Looks like Garnett is talking about things he really doesn't know about again. Somewhat fitting considering that Lair was very much incomplete when they reviewed it.

tanod

when is my burrito
Crateman said:
I need a personal favor: -I can't get a hold of the Mag ATM-

Could somebody please snap a pic of the whole page of Lair's review -with the scores visible- and a sheet of paper at a side with the text "kurosakiJhon??: NO FAKE!"? There's some guy who swears that those scores are fake and he doesn't want to believe any of the 6 stories I've linked to him. This will shut him up.

Thanks in advance! It shouldn't take long!

It's real. I have the issue. English scans are against the TOS so take him to any magazine store or download the online version from Zinio (registration required).

6.0 - Crispin
5.5 - Greg Ford
5.0 - Garnett

Alcibiades

hmm, this is weird... I just got the OCTOBER EGM (bioshock, heavenly sword, etc...) in my mailbox...

isn't it a little bit early for that right now?

Nightz

Alcibiades said:
hmm, this is weird... I just got the OCTOBER EGM (bioshock, heavenly sword, etc...) in my mailbox...

isn't it a little bit early for that right now?
Scores or it didn't happen :p

Edit: ok it happened.

Alcibiades said:
bioshock 10, 10, 10 gotm
heavenly sword 8, 8, 9
warhawk 8.5, 7, 8.5

rumor Capcom working on Okami Wii

dun dun DUUUUNNNNN!!!

Might warrant its own thread...plus a piccy of front cover. (if thats possible of course)

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
I'm shocked and amazed that news for the EGM october issue is being posted in the SEPTEMBER thread.

Ploid 3.0

sp0rsk said:
I'm shocked and amazed that news for the EGM october issue is being posted in the SEPTEMBER thread.

I'm usually shocked how late I get my EGM. Subscribing to it is the worst thing ever. I get to see scores of a issue like 2-3 days after I get the issue before it. I wonder what's the deal with that.

Edit: Oh October and September. I thought there was a repost of the locked thread discussing the lair and blue dragon issue.

Madman

Alcibiades said:
bioshock 10, 10, 10 gotm
heavenly sword 8, 8, 9
warhawk 8.5, 7, 8.5

rumor Capcom working on Okami Wii
Who gave Warhawk a 7?!?!?! BURN THEM!!!

Just kidding. Good scores for all. Did they review Folklore as well?

I gotta ask what they were thinking with those Picross DS scores - "zooming makes it hard"? Picross DS took a nose-dive when I had to zoom, but only until I mastered d-pad + touch screen, which made it better than ever (and it's not even hard to figure out!).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom