• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

egm review scores - september 2007 (lair, blue dragon, mario strikers: charged, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tideas

Banned
ari said:
what........ you assplode over killzone 2 and heavenly sword, from developers that never had a game score over 6.0 before. but you gonna question bungie's proven track record.

your unbelievable. how there you be my puppet.

I think Killzone liberation redemeed GG for some ppl. Dunno about Ninja theory though.

Darji

Banned
ari said:
what........ you assplode over killzone 2 and heavenly sword, from developers that never had a game score over 6.0 before. but you gonna question bungie's proven track record.

your unbelievable. how there you be my puppet.
i dont really care about earlier games. When something interest me i will eventually buy it. Oh and killzone doesnt interest me at all. But Heavenly sword will be great^^

ari

Banned
Darji said:
i dont really care about earlier games. When something interest me i will eventually buy it. Oh and killzone doesnt intrest me at all. But Heavenly sword will be great^^

why did you brought up bungies track record then....my god your ****ing crazy...

i like crazy, welcome to my buddy list.

justchris

beelzebozo said:
persona 3: 8.5, 9.5, 9.5 game of the month
on the battle system, they say they're "speedy," and that the magic system is "deeply customizable." this game also has a lot of stuff in a school, though--you spend your days trying to score some tail and making new friends, answering class questions, etc. but they say it's a very good thing. also they say the soundtrack is excellent. "all-around awesome"

Damn you, Atlus, stop making me buy new PS2 games.

Darji

Banned
ari said:
why did you brought up bungies track record then....my god your ****ing crazy...

i like crazy, welcome to my buddy list.
because i reffered to Factor 5 and said that even Factor can someday make great games. There will be always a first time^^

Haunted

AltogetherAndrews said:
Speaking of which, where is that guy who kept trolling Uncharted threads with the OMFG amazing Lair?
ELS something something? banned and debunked as a joke poster from OA.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
Oh come on, show ND and Insomniac some respect.

I'm not disrespecting either of those - I love Resistance, and was PIMPING IT BIG at launch. I'm extremely confident that ND will produce the goods too.

But... Factor 5? Technically - i expect something great, but gameplay always comes as a non-guaranteed bonus. Unfortunately - and then again, i should perhaps wait until i've played Lair ... given the crap i like, i might end up loving it! lol.

DCharlie said:
I'm not disrespecting either of those - I love Resistance, and was PIMPING IT BIG at launch. I'm extremely confident that ND will produce the goods too.

But... Factor 5? Technically - i expect something great, but gameplay always comes as a non-guaranteed bonus. Unfortunately - and then again, i should perhaps wait until i've played Lair ... given the crap i like, i might end up loving it! lol.

Oh, I agree about Factor 5. I guess I had some hope that this one would be different, and it may very well still be that way (I've made my opinion on EGM quite clear, so we'll see what other sites and mags have to say), but realistically, there's no sense in assuming that Factor 5 would suddenly deliver an all around great game. My post was more in reference to there being no AAA games on the horizon, as it seemed to suggest that MGS4 was the nearest one. I understand that MGS4 carries the greatest weight, but I wholly expect ND to bring the goods with Uncharted.

Haunted One said:
ELS something something? banned and debunked as a joke poster from OA.

Ah yes, that's the guy. Yeah, he seemed to push for joke character status, but you never know these days; some people really are that strange.

DCharlie

I understand that MGS4 carries the greatest weight, but I wholly expect ND to bring the goods with Uncharted.

it's going to be interesting to see how much weight these games have. I'm sure Uncharted will be great, but it's going to interesting to see how it is pushed (and to which people). I expect Ratchet to have way more wider appeal obviously, and MGS should have a wide catchment area.

But yeah, unfortunately, Sony could have done with a few bigger names near the launch than they have. It still feels like the real launch isn't until mid 2008.

MGS4 is a tricky one too. It will obviously sell to fans, and there are lots of those out there. But will it do anything to bring new customers into the fold? The same things that work as the backbone for fan debate and sometimes obsession may very well act as repellents to people new to the series. I mean, look at the plot breakdown, character studies and story speculation in the most recent MGS4 threads. That shit is intimidating.

AltogetherAndrews said:
MGS4 is a tricky one too. It will obviously sell to fans, and there are lots of those out there. But will it do anything to bring new customers into the fold? The same things that work as the backbone for fan debate and sometimes obsession may very well act as repellents to people new to the series. I mean, look at the plot breakdown, character studies and story speculation in the most recent MGS4 threads. That shit is intimidating.

If I remember correctly, he didn't WANT to do MGS4--it was more something he was strongarmed into by fans of the series and Konami--so it makes sense if the game panders mostly to fans. They're the reason the game exists.

DCharlie

If I remember correctly, he didn't WANT to do MGS4--it was more something he was strongarmed into by fans of the series and Konami--so it makes sense if the game panders mostly to fans. They're the reason the game exists.

lol - watch Kojima kill everyone in an explosive final scene in an act of spite.... only to further cement the MGS legacy in the minds of the fans who then demand a whole new series.

"yeah, but perhaps solid DID survive?!!"

Amir0x

Banned
AltogetherAndrews said:
I honestly don't think just death cuts it for a finale, not for this series. It'd need to be something a lot more definitive. Yes, more definitive than death.

i think if Kojima wants to wrap this shit up with any semblance of coherency (is that still possible for the MGS series anymore?), he'll keep the death simple and concise. No confusion, no way to think it's a fake death or that his DNA was left on one of his cum-stained pillows.

Snake needs to see the horrors of the battlefield, and he needs to blow his ****ing brains out on the wall.

SonSon2

AltogetherAndrews said:
I honestly don't think just death cuts it for a finale, not for this series. It'd need to be something a lot more definitive. Yes, more definitive than death.

Snake buys a sportscar?

DCharlie

Snake needs to see the horrors of the battlefield, and he needs to blow his ****ing brains out on the wall.

gets to a magazine rack, sees EGM, reads the Lair review... *sound of safety off* ;)

Suicide run against the Patriots or something similar - dies for a cause , is labelled a terrorist.... The world never knows the true heroes etc... political, topical... riddled with talk about Godzilla ! ;)

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I can't see Kojima ending it ambiguously. He's 100% serious about wrapping this up. He brought EVA back even though realistically he satisfied everyone with her end in MGS3.

I'm still a bit vague on this MGS4 stuff--if the patriots are the final people to be faced, does that mean he's going to be out to kill the Russian, Chinese, and American leaders?

That's just absurd.

Tobor

AltogetherAndrews said:

Snake goes to Hell and kills Satan, then gets sent to Heaven where he kills God?

SonSon2

I really don't think Konami will end this series. If anything else, it's the end for Kojima, and he might be crazy enough to put himself in the story and write himself out.

Gadfly

While flying into a tree he exclaimed "Egad!"
AltogetherAndrews said:
It doesn't really need to. It however gets a lot of PS2 owners sitting on the fence to buy a PS3.
I think people sometimes underestimate the positive effect MGS4 will have on PS3 sales. My son is (mostly) a 360 fanboy and has never owned the previous games in MGS series but he wants to buy this one for sure. And I know of another PS2 owner that will get a PS3 for this.

deadairis

justchris said:
Damn you, Atlus, stop making me buy new PS2 games.

Not to deny the power of Snake, but Persona 3 is holy-crap amazing. Few small issues, but it's just amazing.
And Atlus did right by delaying the release to get the art book printing fixed.

kman3000

Wow Mario Strikers Charged did better than I suspected,it really sucks how both Blue Dragon and Lair bombed.I was really looking forward to both of those games.:(

Razoric

Banned
kman3000 said:
Wow Mario Strikers Charged did better than I suspected,it really sucks how both Blue Dragon and Lair bombed.I was really looking forward to both of those games.:(

Do not be neutral... pick a side. Which game are you happy tanked? Blue Bomba or Failair?

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
Wow, I didn't expect Lair to be such a bomb. Maybe it can pull an Enter the Matrix and get good numbers by being a shit game. Congratuations for Atlus getting a Game of the Month over some supposed heavy weights.

MercuryLS

Banned
AlternativeUlster said:
Wow, I didn't expect Lair to be such a bomb. Maybe it can pull an Enter the Matrix and get good numbers by being a shit game. Congratuations for Atlus getting a Game of the Month over some supposed heavy weights.

It doesn't have the Matrix brand to fall back on and it's on a system with a small userbase still. So no.

chemicals

I bet Lair is fun regardless. EGM grades on just about the toughest scale in the industry, and all the Rogue Squadron games for the GC were awesome and fun as hell.. Lair is probably still gonna be all good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom