• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eidos Montreal adding multiplayer support to Dawn Engine (Deus Ex's engine,for GotG?)

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I thought this was worth mentioning since with Deus Ex seemingly dead, I figured that everyone was just going to use Crystal Dynamic's Foundation Engine, but apparently Deus Ex's Dawn Engine is still going.

There are a few possible interpretations:

1.) Eidos' Guardians of the Galaxy game is using the Dawn Engine
2.) Deus Ex is alive again and getting multiplayer (this is rather unlikely)
3.) I guess it's not impossible that The Avengers is using the Dawn Engine, but Crystal's jobs mention the Foundation Engine (which is used in Tomb Raider, and they implied was going to power their """New IP""" prior to The Avengers being unveiled)

Anyway, here's the posting:

NETWORK PROGRAMMER
Programming | Montréal, Québec, Canada

Eidos Montréal is looking for an experienced Network Programmer to support multiplayer development in the Dawn Engine.

You will work on designing, implementing and improving the network layer of the Dawn Engine, as well as support our development teams to adapt to a multiplayer oriented mentality.

Duties
· Design and implement network systems for use in the Dawn Engine.
· Review, design and implement necessary changes to make existing systems multiplayer compatible.
· Implement, test and debug features on a multi-platform environment.
· Produce detailed documentation of implemented solutions and best practices.
· Support development teams to integrate and use multiplayer features.

Experience & Qualifications
· University degree in programming, software engineering, computer engineering, or the equivalent.
· At least 3 years of experience in the industry as a Programmer, ideally as a Network, Physics or Engine Programmer.
· AAA experience a strong asset.

Technical Skills
· Excellent knowledge of C++.
· Experience in network development.
· Experience with PS4 and Xbox One development.
· Ability to think multi/cross platform and multithreading.
· Good knowledge of game engines such as Unreal or equivalent.

Interpersonal skills
· Autonomy and sense of responsibility.
· Excellent communicator and educator.
· Maturity to give and receive constructive criticism.
· Focused on customer (dev team and players) satisfaction.
· Passionate about video games, being a multiplayer gamer is an asset.
Source: https://eidosmontreal.com/en/jobs/333

Kaelan

Most likely for GOTG like you said but hmm.. i'm curious about The Avengers game. I hope it's good. Like we have no idea what it is really.. it could be a rpg or some action game. I dunno.. I just hope it's good

Village

Whoah whoah wait a minute

Eidos Montreal is making an online multiplayer Guardians of The Galaxy game, what?

Most likely for GOTG like you said but hmm.. i'm curious about The Avengers game. I hope it's good. Like we have no idea what it is really.. it could be a rpg or some action game. I dunno.. I just hope it's good
An Advengers MOBA in the style of Paragon.

That shit would actually work.

Plesiades

The Dawn Engine is a modified version of IO's Glacier 2. Maybe letting them license it in a weird way helped the buyout.

Eidos are making Marvel games instead of Deus Ex now? q_q

lame -_- I just googled a press release paraphrase: "On January 26, 2017, Eidos Montréal announced a partnership with Marvel Entertainment to create multiple video games based on the Avengers franchise."

Eidos are making Marvel games instead of Deus Ex now? q_q

lame -_- I just googled a press release paraphrase: "On January 26, 2017, Eidos Montréal announced a partnership with Marvel Entertainment to create multiple video games based on the Avengers franchise."

Unless the whole A-Team/B-Team thing is legit and DX5 had made significant progress, the Deus Ex franchise is dead for the next decade.

I was still hoping the simultaneous development thing was true and they'd at least bother to finish the MD sequel :(

Though I guess if it was kinda far long a B-team could finish it (on par with how 'finished' MD was lol) while an A-team moves onto MCU -_-

Top Bottom