• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ekim Rumor: Dead Rising 4 Is Currently Being Developed By Capcom Vancouver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dead Rising 3 was released in 2013 as an Xbox One exclusive as well as a launch title. It was said to have sold very well, and a Dead Rising 4 was talked about not long after the release. It’s also likely that Capcom Vancouver is ditching the engine they built in favor of a partnership with Epic Games, meaning that the studio will be working exclusively with the Unreal Engine 4 from here on out.

The rumour comes from an insider one of our GAF users by the name of Ekim who confirmed the development of Dead Rising 4 following another series of Xbox E3 leaks

Since the PS4 has somewhere around a 2:1 ratio install base over the Xbox One, it’s possible that the next entry might opt for a multiplatform release to not miss out on the PS4 user base. Alternatively, it could follow the likes of other games from Xbox and might go the route of a Xbox/Windows 10 exclusive title.

http://thisgengaming.com/2016/05/31...com-vancouver-may-or-may-not-be-an-exclusive/

Thoughts?

FelipeMGM

GAF>Internet>GAF kinda of thing

But yeah, its happening, heard stuff from my own Source couple Week ago that they "were making a Zombie game again" which is pretty much the same as "they are making DR4"

Ekim is somekind of Internet sorcerer so the evidence he found is prob something to do with domains, archives and such

Dominator

Would laugh if:

DR1: Exclusive
DR2: Multiplatform
DR3: Exclusive
DR4: Multiplatform

EDIT: Forgot about that Wii port of the first game but I bet the majority of people did as well.

dugdug

Banned
Wasn't much of a fan of DR3, but, absolutely love 1 and 2. Would welcome a 4th if it goes back to a more light-hearted affair.

If Dead Rising 4 being announced at E3 means Microsoft announces Dead Rising 1 as a pre-order bonus and it's coming to BC, then Dead Rising 4 is worth it even if it's the worst game ever made.

Would laugh if:

I don't know if I see this going back to multiplat, except for the inevitable PC version.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
I read that as "Dead Space 4" the first time for some reason and got excited that it exists and confused that it was being developed by Capcom.

Ridley327

Would laugh if:

EDIT: Forgot about that Wii port of the first game but I bet the majority of people did as well.
A port is being generous to the Wii game. It's an outright hatchet job that's running around wearing the original game's skin.

kunonabi

I'd be more excited if Dead Rising 2 & 3 weren't so poor. It would be nice to get a good Dead Rising game again. The original is pretty much the only reason I still have my X360.

robotrock

Banned
Would laugh if:

3 is on PC now too, which is nice.

1 will be forever on the 360 though

FelipeMGM

DR4 is prob multiplat. Phil said they are no moneyhating 3rd pty exclusives anymore, apart from bought exclusivity I dont see much reason for Capcom not go multiplat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom