• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EL CAMINO: A Breaking Bad movie QUICK 50 SECOND TEASER PREVIEW (JESSE PINKMAN)

Pretty disappointed. Predictable ending...i mean did anyone else think that Jesse would do anything else besides GTFO from that life? But thats not the issue here, its just a filler filled 2 hour slog with barely any action or some real revenge. Flashback episodes really hurt the image as obviously they were freshly filmed and some actors look different now than they did 10 years ago. Like fat Todd..breaks the immersion. Overall unnecessary to the franchise but it was a nice reminder of what a great show it was.

ZehDon

Gold Member
Was it needed? No. Does it ruin what came before? No. Was it a hell of an encore? You’re god damn right. Couldn’t have been better for what it was - Jesse Pinkman’s finale. It’ll sit on the shelf as a nice addendum. It’s not essential watching, but for me, I’m glad I got that ending.

plushyp

Was alright but completely unnecessary. When it ended I was like, "is that is?"
Basically this. I could have lived not knowing what happened to Jessie after the escape and this was a pretty poor excuse of an epilogue. Also made it clear to me that I used to watch BB for Bryan and not Aaron.

Arozay

Largely unnecessary. Though I was into it up until the vacuum guy, argue over $1800 and not take the owed money. *add 1 hour to movie*

If Jessie was better at hide-and-seek, or found the money quicker *minus 30 min*

Also, I had to google if fat Damon was always fat.

Grinchy

Banned
It was good. The million ways a Breaking Bad movie could have panned out ended up being a very simple route. All the talk about whether the movie would tie in with Saul's current life, whether Walt lived and is in jail, how will Jesse interact with Walt's remaining family, ect, ended up being a pretty simple movie about Jesse finishing his attempt at getting away from it all.

Last edited:

Thaedolus

Gold Member
I feel like “unnecessary” describes everything post Breaking Bad, but it’s still all been incredibly and if anything even better than the show (specially BCS). This movie was really good and I’m glad for all the flashbacks with Todd, what a fuckin weirdo he’s always been

theekad

Banned
Would love to see a Gilligan-series with Jesse as a small-town cop in Alaska, slowly becoming Mike 2.0. As far as I’m concerned they can keep milking Breaking Bad and I’ll keep watching.

Screen-Shot-2019-10-11-at-12.19.14-3d736bc.png

we've never seen this fucker before but he made for a great villain along with his partner

so to me it feels vince can tell endless amounts of stories with these kind of characters and situations (ie. fake cops) in the breaking bad universe

doesn't even have to be in new mexico

vince can play with any location in the states and even abroad because the research he puts into creating his stories is impeccable

V2Tommy

To those who didn't love El Camino:

What is wrong with you? This is quality television/moviemaking.

I'm not sure what you people need to be happy. I legit feel bad for all of you.

The way they titled the movie "....A Breaking Bad movie" makes me think they could do a bunch of these
i thought the same

i'd like to see a followup of how jesse handles starting a life in alaska

something telling about that taxi driver from BSC season 4 which may entail a connection to a next movie

Winter John

Gold Member
I watched it earlier and really enjoyed it. I always felt sorry for Jessie. Nothing good ever happened to him so it was a nice ending. I hope Gilligan moves onto something fresh once BCS is finished. There's no need for anymore BB.

pr0cs

I really liked it, yeah it was probably not necessary but I was entertained and happy to see jessee finally get a break.
Liked the flashbacks, most of which were really done well, it's not surprising that Aaron and Bryan still have such great chemistry, legit loled with the diner scene.
Can't wait to see the finale to bcs. Such consistent TV is a real treat. BrBa, bcs and this new movie are all good, entertaining TV, different characters but consistent, believable behaviour. I am excited to see what else Gillian and co can produce

desertdroog

It was great. I'm glad they gave Pinkman an ending and not just running off to do Need For Speed. They still have lightning in a bottle and even after so long from the ending of Breaking Bad, it is like it was never on hiatus.

That duel scene... worthy of any western.

Pretty disappointed. Predictable ending...i mean did anyone else think that Jesse would do anything else besides GTFO from that life? But thats not the issue here, its just a filler filled 2 hour slog with barely any action or some real revenge. Flashback episodes really hurt the image as obviously they were freshly filmed and some actors look different now than they did 10 years ago. Like fat Todd..breaks the immersion. Overall unnecessary to the franchise but it was a nice reminder of what a great show it was.

Yeah the dude that plays Todd got HELLA bloated since being on BB. I remember him from that one (pretty good) crime flick that had Johnny Depp in it; almost couldn't tell it was the same guy for a moment (tbf, same could be said for Depp in that one).

Even Jesse looks a bit different since his time on BB, though he holds true to his character's look the best in the flick. I kinda wish it dealt more with Jesse trying to actively find Walt, even if Walt was truly dead. And maybe also find the rest of the neo-Nazi group. Then they could've done something of a character study with Jesse getting more and more unhinged in pursuing a dead man due to the demons of memories he left putting him through shit with the neo-Nazis.

But unlike Walt, Jesse would pull back in realizing how far off the path he'd be going, and reel it back in. Maybe if the villains they introduced were more pivotal in being a group Jesse would try affiliating with them as partners before things went bad, and the shootout confrontation could've been the final scene, make it Reservoir Dogs-style or True Romance style, and just end with Jesse walking away off to his future, wherever that'd be.

Overall, it's a decent 6.5/10 for what it is, but it could've been a lot better.

To those who didn't love El Camino:

What is wrong with you? This is quality television/moviemaking.

I'm not sure what you people need to be happy. I legit feel bad for all of you.

Seeing guys like Todd attempting to be as they were in the original show but obviously aged and packed on weight kind of breaks the immersion for me. Also things like the money scene felt kind of drawn out.

Basically felt more like an epilogue episode stretched out over two hours with big chunks of filler to justify a movie runtime length. It's still good, but not great like I was expecting. Especially since I consider BCS fantastic.

solid little bonus epilogue.

a bit quaint an perfectly wrapped 2 hour happy ending imo.

could they have done more. probably. was the story weak and predictable. sure. but if youre a breaking bad fan, youre happy just having more story told within this world.

Top Bottom