• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

El Chapo trial: Former Mexican president took 100.000.000$ bribe.

Would you take it?

• Yes?

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Yes!

Votes: 10 40.0%
  • No.

Votes: 6 24.0%

• Total voters

God Enel

The former president of Mexico, Enrique Peña Nieto, took a $100 million bribe from Joaquín Guzmán Loera, the infamous crime lord known as El Chapo, according to a witness at Mr. Guzman’s trial.
The stunning testimony was delivered Tuesday in a New York courtroom by Alex Cifuentes Villa, a Colombian drug lord who worked closely with Mr. Guzmán from 2007 to 2013, when the kingpin was hiding from the law at a series of remote ranches in the Sierra Madre mountains.
“Mr. Guzmán paid a bribe of $100 million to President Peña Nieto?” Jeffrey Lichtman, one of Mr. Guzmán’s lawyers, asked Mr. Cifuentes during cross-examination.
“Yes,” Mr. Cifuentes said.
Mr. Guzmán may offer more details soon. Shortly after the jury was excused around 4:30 p.m. Tuesday, Mr. Lichtman submitted his client’s name to the prosecution as a potential witness for the defense, confirming that the drug trafficker might testify in his own trial.

Full article: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/15/nyregion/el-chapo-trial.html?smid=fb-nytimes&smtyp=cur

If it has to be in politics, feel free to move it.

I think it’s a lot of cash, and a little bit spare money never hurts.. I guess.

Bribe me if old.

highrider

Banned
I’d like to think I wouldn’t because the drugs like heroin and meth/cocaine ruin lives and communities, but then nobody has ever offered me briefcases of cash so that’s one of those situations. I’m not thinking El Chapo would take opposition real well 😂

Texas Pride

Banned
We call those "political" contributions here in America. He simply started his own PAC. Jokes aside this is the prime reason why the Mexico issue persists. And you can be fucking dead on certain American politicians are being paid off as well. No wonder some don't want a wall.

Super Mario

Banned
Excerpt taken from the discussion between the two:

El Chapo: Here is $100,000,000. I get to do whatever I want
Nieto: What about this wall that the US wants to build?
El Chapo: Not a concern to me. Walls are not effective. We can just overstay VISAs, and come on planes.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Mexico is a failed state.

We call those "political" contributions here in America. He simply started his own PAC. Jokes aside this is the prime reason why the Mexico issue persists. And you can be fucking dead on certain American politicians are being paid off as well. No wonder some don't want a wall.

The drugs are smuggled through the ports of entry, water, and train. More walls (because there already is a lot of physical barrier) would be minimal in combating the drug flow.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...glers-suggest-it-wont/?utm_term=.044ba1392ad6

The people who testified against this piece of shit say as much.

Top Bottom