• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

El Paso TX Shooting. 10+ dead.

Tesseract

Crushed by Thanos
Dec 7, 2008
i only like my leaders to be wealth redistributing globalists

it's like the giant vacuum in spaceballs

Last edited:
  • LOL
Reactions: Off Duty Ninja

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014
Never knew Black people were white supremacists.

Hey, check out second row in the middle. There's actually a Korean looking dude.
Yeah, i honestly don't care about the race, since i don't think race causes murder, but rather socio-economic status, etc.

Row 5, column 4 and 5 are the leftie and trans leftie that shot up a school that got absolutely zero attention because it didn't fit the narrative.

And that's what i care about. The shit media pushing a shit narrative makes discussing legitimate potential solutions nearly impossible. If they'd report honestly, and fairly, and present all sides of the issues, maybe we could make some progress. Instead they've got everybody yelling at each other.

Oct 26, 2018
Yeah, i honestly don't care about the race, since i don't think race causes murder, but rather socio-economic status, etc.

Row 5, column 4 and 5 are the leftie and trans leftie that shot up a school that got absolutely zero attention because it didn't fit the narrative.

And that's what i care about. The shit media pushing a shit narrative makes discussing legitimate potential solutions nearly impossible. If they'd report honestly, and fairly, and present all sides of the issues, maybe we could make some progress. Instead they've got everybody yelling at each other.
Yup. And it's never been clearer than recent years as left leaning SJW has cropped up. Since most news sites are liberal it's more blatant than ever.

Honest reporting should be done. Isn't that the part of "being a journalist". Have a sense of ethics in reporting? What a crock that is. Whereas your typical doctor, surgeon or engineer building bridges also have their own set of career ethics, I'm pretty sure the average journalist's ethics is about 10 rungs down the ladder than someone in a professional field.

But ratings are ratings. A school shoot up will always get higher ratings than a two druggies in a shootout that's gone bad.

And every site is like this.

I'm sure they are out there, but there's got to be some news sites that only focus on positive things. Likely won't be the ratings generators like every site plugging "Philippines ferry sinks killing 100". But a refreshing change.

One of these days, I'll scope it out.

shanafan

Oct 27, 2013
So the goal of these politicians in El Paso and Daytona is to repeal and protest Trump today, and blame him for the whole situation while they have no responsibility for what happens in their state?

These are the same people who tweet that our elected officials "need to do something" meanwhile they are an elected official but innocent of everything?

Aurelian

my friends call me "Cunty"
Feb 22, 2009
Ottawa, Canada
its sad if only Trump had talked to them a day earlier all departed souls would return to their bodies and rise from the dead and all gun violence would have ended forevermore amen
C'mon, you know that's not the issue here. It's that he was being a self-centered asshole instead of acting like a President and addressing his country's suffering.

Think about it: if there was a horrible tragedy at your office and your boss didn't even acknowledge it until he came back from vacation days later, wouldn't you lose respect for him?

Reactions: n64coder

Aintitcool

Banned
Sep 3, 2017
Vienna, Austria
its sad if only Trump had talked to them a day earlier all departed souls would return to their bodies and rise from the dead and all gun violence would have ended forevermore amen
I mean the victims of Toledo are completely healthy and fine right now. So factually correct?

Last edited:

Tesseract

Crushed by Thanos
Dec 7, 2008
C'mon, you know that's not the issue here. It's that he was being a self-centered asshole instead of acting like a President and addressing his country's suffering.

Think about it: if there was a horrible tragedy at your office and your boss didn't even acknowledge it until he came back from vacation days later, wouldn't you lose respect for him?
nope, i'm not a vengeful cunt

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Apr 9, 2009

Really have no idea why Trump is coming here again. In 2016 we voted 69% for Hillary and 26% for Trump. That margin will only be higher next year. I don't think many of the surviving victims would wanna see his face, several of which are Mexican nationals.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com

Really have no idea why Trump is coming here again. In 2016 we voted 69% for Hillary and 26% for Trump. That margin will only be higher next year. I don't think many of the surviving victims would wanna see his face, several of which are Mexican nationals.
Because if he didn't go there, people would slander Trump for avoiding his presidential responsibilities (with accusations of racism and snide remarks about the border wall thrown in for good measure).

What do you propose he should do instead?

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014

Same page repost but:

I know it destroys the narrative of 'trump didn't even visit the families' if he does visit the families, but how about we don't pretend to speak for the living victims?

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014
Did he also say that games and not easily accessible "semi-" automatic weapons motivated him?
I need to know.
Yes, because politicians and media only hear what they want to hear means you, also, should adopt that practice.

Sub_Level

Apr 9, 2009
Because if he didn't go there, people would slander Trump for avoiding his presidential responsibilities (with accusations of racism and snide remarks about the border wall thrown in for good measure).

What do you propose he should do instead?
Not visit. He is by and large not welcome here. He can do him, tho, I am not his campaign manager or advisor.

Sub_Level

Apr 9, 2009
Some small updates

- Shooter is being held in isolation
- Dallas Cowboys donated $50k to the victims' fund
- Trump & Melania touched down a couple hours ago and is currently visiting a hospital

Reactions: Tesseract

12Goblins

Mar 1, 2017
Some small updates

- Shooter is being held in isolation
- Dallas Cowboys donated $50k to the victims' fund
- Trump & Melania touched down a couple hours ago and is currently visiting a hospital
$50k? the fuck I could donate 50g
Better than nothing I guess...

• Praise the Sun
Reactions: finowns

Sub_Level

Apr 9, 2009
Some of the bars here in EP are hosting a charity night for the victims' fund. 100% of profits are donated.

I'm getting fucked up for Jesus.

Reactions: Tesseract