• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

El Paso TX Shooting. 10+ dead.

TrainedRage

Feb 3, 2018
USA
I did read that but that's just the woke narrative that they're using to butter people like you up because the data doesn't back up the narrative so they have to spin it like that. The numbers are the only thing that matter. Plenty of cases of unarmed white people killed by police.
Don't bother Boss... The part he quoted... "Fryer's research suggests that African Americans and Hispanics are substantially more likely to experience force in their interactions with the police - such as having a gun pointed at them, being handcuffed without arrest, or being pepper-sprayed or hit with a baton"

Never even mentions anything about them being shot. Just "gun pointed at them, being handcuffed without arrest, or being pepper-sprayed or hit with a baton"

Reactions: Damage Inc

Brizzady

Banned
Jul 28, 2018
Or maybe he followed the instructions of the officers when they said, "put the gun down". Who knows?
You’re the kind of brain dead dipshit Evilore caters to now. It’s hilarious how far that moron has fallen since he pissed away his cash cow and is now stuck with basement dwelling edgelord racists like you.

Lol I’ll take my ban and go right back to trolling you idiots on all my alts. Aren’t vpns fun!

Tesseract

Crushed by Thanos
Dec 7, 2008
Its out there if you Google. I would be a bit skeptical as the 'manifesto' hasn't been verified and could be a troll.
bummer, please keep us updated as to its verification

You’re the kind of brain dead dipshit Evilore caters to now. It’s hilarious how far that moron has fallen since he pissed away his cash cow and is now stuck with basement dwelling edgelord racists like you.

Lol I’ll take my ban and go right back to trolling you idiots on all my alts. Aren’t vpns fun!
retard alert, get some help

Last edited:

TrainedRage

Feb 3, 2018
USA

Get a load of this Incel..... YIKES!!!!!! Not even gonna report you bud. as you have clear mental health issues and I don't want to get shot.

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
May 22, 2018

That’s how you spend your time? Get a life bro

May 16, 2019
Get a load of this Incel..... YIKES!!!!!! Not even gonna report you bud. as you have clear mental health issues and I don't want to get shot.
Haha! You made a joke about incels committing gun violence in a thread about a white likely -incel committing a mass shooting!

Like I said, glad you're able to find the humor in this :D

Reactions: fatty

Tesseract

Crushed by Thanos
Dec 7, 2008
manifestos are interesting because they take faulty axioms and run with them to an inevitable violent end

as westworld would say, these violent delights have violent ends

TrainedRage

Feb 3, 2018
USA
Haha! You made a joke about incels committing gun violence in a thread about a white likely -incel committing a mass shooting!

You don't think mental health has anything to do with mass shootings? You just want to argue huh? Also you just showed ur ass... Nice emoji bud.

Last edited:
Reactions: Oner and Tesseract

Tesseract

Crushed by Thanos
Dec 7, 2008

shooter is basically in a deep state of psychosis right now and not completely responsible for his actions

we'll probably never know what through lines were established to get him to this point, it's why shootings of various conflicting ideologies keep happening

you just wanna run with whatever narrative makes you happy and it's pretty sad

Melon

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2018
The Sanctum
maniacalmyths.com

Imagine being this sad and pathetic. Get a hobby, dude.

JordanN

Apr 21, 2012
Brampton, Ontario
What the fuck does this even mean? You think the police wanted to spare him because he's white? i bet they all wanted to empty their mags into him, he just probably surrendered so they couldn't execute him because of their body cameras and other potential people filming.

When the police shoot to kill, "SEE! They're all murderers who lack trigger control!"

When the police don't shoot to kill, "Oh my god, they're so racist"

There's no winning.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2018
62000 murders at a rate of 30/100,000?

WTF?

Dad was right. He always told us back in the 80s and 90s to watch out for those South American countries if youre ever going to visit. And that was before the internet with stat pages.

The Toronto area is roughly 6 million people. Using Brazil's rate that would be annual murders of 1,800 (multiply by 60).

The annual murders for the past 10 years is 70-100 here.

monegames

Sep 26, 2014
'alleged Manifesto from the chans' take with a grain of salt.
Either dude is a full of shit hypocrite or manifesto is full of shit. Death is inevitable but in the very next paragraph mentions if target is too hot, live to fight another day. Also can't bring himself to attack fellow Americans. I highly doubt even in El Paso he would only be able to shoot Hispanics.

matt404au

Gold Member
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
shooter is basically in a deep state of psychosis right now and not completely responsible for his actions

we'll probably never know what through lines were established to get him to this point, it's why shootings of various conflicting ideologies keep happening

you just wanna run with whatever narrative makes you happy and it's pretty sad
Pretty sure he’s responsible for his actions bro

Tesseract

Crushed by Thanos
Dec 7, 2008
Pretty sure he’s responsible for his actions bro
i said not completely, no reasonable person in this era is gonna write off his responsibility

but once they shoot him full of risperidone at the hospital, i guarantee you he'll be a completely different person

hell, he might not even remember what he's done

mental illness is a hell of a thing, our computers go awry and you end up on a kind of violent autopilot

Last edited:

juliotendo

Jan 5, 2019
Mexico
The issue isn’t guns. It’s people.

The kid is obviously a mentally ill misfit, likely a loser with no future and zero redeeming qualities, and wouldn’t be surprised if he’s also a virgin and never even touched a girl much less had sex. Probably comes from a fucked up family, and nobody ever gave a shit about him. An all around fuck-up.

People that have good lives and are stable don’t do these kinds of things. They could own 100 guns, it doesn’t matter. They’re not going to walk into a Walmart and shoot people.

The epidemic in America isn’t gun, it’s misfit young males that continue to perpetrate these kinds of acts and they all tend to have to the same thing in common: they’re total losers in all aspects of their personal lives.

Tesseract

Crushed by Thanos
Dec 7, 2008
L
O
L

Tales from your ass
it's tales from working with schizoaffective disorder patients at a military hospital, studying the literature of free will and psychotic breaks

you're just mad that the reality of the world isn't what we'd like it to be, that what we are or become isn't often up to us

Last edited:

dolabla

Oct 9, 2013

What a magnificent creature! We got to see him go out in all his TDS (Trump and Tyler) glory!

Nice melt, lmao!

• Praise the Sun
Reactions: matt404au

Tesseract

Crushed by Thanos
Dec 7, 2008

The kid is obviously a mentally ill misfit, likely a loser with no future and zero redeeming qualities, and wouldn’t be surprised if he’s also a virgin and never even touched a girl much less had sex. Probably comes from a fucked up family, and nobody ever gave a shit about him. An all around fuck-up.

People that have good lives and are stable don’t do these kinds of things. They could own 100 guns, it doesn’t matter. They’re not going to walk into a Walmart and shoot people.

The epidemic in America isn’t gun, it’s misfit young males that continue to perpetrate these kinds of acts and they all tend to have to the same thing in common: they’re total losers in all aspects of their personal lives.
i wouldn't be so sure about any of this stuff, don't presume to know this guy's history, you might not like what you see

Tesseract

Crushed by Thanos
Dec 7, 2008
the vegas shooter had a stable life history, nothing significantly fucked up about him or his family

'stable' people do bad things all the time, you're just as likely to turn into a monster shooter as the next guy

if you don't think that's true, you probably haven't integrated the darker parts of your shadow

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2018

i wouldn't be so sure about any of this stuff, don't presume to know this guy's history, you might not like what you see
It's both.

Fucked up people + easy access to guns = possible killing spree.

Supposedly the guy has a "civilian AK47". What the fuck does that mean? I'm no gun nut. I'm thinking an AK47 is an AK47.

You can have truly deranged people, but if guns are hard to get, what are they going to do? Knife people to death? Possible. It happens in China sometimes. But it's a lot harder to knife and kill 20 people in 2 minutes than pulling out a rifle and a stash of ammo.

Just imagine how messed the US would be if everyone carried a gun. You'd have shootings on an epidemic scale.

Last edited:

Tesseract

Crushed by Thanos
Dec 7, 2008
It's both.

Supposedly the guy has a "civilian AK47". What the fuck does that mean?

You can have truly deranged people, but if guns are hard to get, what are they going to do? Knife people to death? Possible. It happens in China sometimes. But it's a lot harder to knife and kill 20 people in 2 minutes than pulling out a rifle and a stash of ammo.

Just imagine how messed the US would be if everyone carried a gun. You'd have shootings on an epidemic scale.
but lots of people do already carry guns, and rates are going down over time as population increases, well as number of civilians per capita

as for what they're going to do, they'd probably hop in a vehicle and mow down several hundred people at a gathering

or put in enough effort to make bombs, since they'd feel systemic resentment

the issue will always be mental health

*edit*

or they'd make individual kills that tally into the hundreds over several years, pick your poison

personally, i don't think there's any way to prevent this stuff. killers are always gonna find ways to kill, and they'll do whatever research they can to maximize the load.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2018
but lots of people do already carry guns, and rates are going down over time as population increases, well as number of civilians per capita

as for what they're going to do, they'd probably hop in a vehicle and mow down several hundred people at a gathering

or put in enough effort to make bombs, since they'd feel systemic resentment

the issue will always be mental health

*edit*

or they'd make individual kills that tally into the hundreds over several years, pick your poison

personally, i don't think there's any way to prevent this stuff. killers are always gonna find ways to kill, and they'll do whatever research they can to maximize the load.
US has too much instability with mental health, gangs and weird shit contributing to violence, but access to guns makes it worse. You don't hear about these kind of 20 person killing sprees in other western countries often.

Canada has lots of guns too. But there isn't the huge number of shootings, even on a per person rate calculation. Most people probably just have one for hunting or scaring off predators on a farm. Boring shit.

Switzerland used to have some kind of "all men have to join the militia" where after service is complete, every dude had to take a government issued rifle, pistol and box of ammo. They literally gave it to you.

But there aren't big killing sprees in Canada/Swiss. However, if you look at gun violence, Switzerland isn't that great compared to other western countries. Probably because there's too many military issued weapons. So while the overall rate is still low compared to second world countries or US violence, it's higher than the average when compared to non-US western countries.

Last edited:

Tesseract

Crushed by Thanos
Dec 7, 2008
US has too much instability with mental health, gangs and weird shit contributing to violence, but access to guns makes it worse. You don't hear about these kind of 20 person killing sprees in other western countries often.

Canada has lots of guns too. But there isn't the huge number of shootings, even on a per person rate calculation. Most people probably just have one for hunting or scaring off predators on a farm. Boring shit.

Switzerland used to have some kind of "all men have to join the militia" where after service is complete, every dude had to take a government issued rifle, pistol and box of ammo. They literally gave it to you.

But there aren't big killing sprees in Canada/Swiss. However, if you look at gun violence, Switzerland isn't that great compared to other western countries. Probably because there's too many military issued weapons. So while the overall rate is still low compared to second world countries or US violence, it's higher than the average when compared to non-US western countries.
canada is more homogenized and egalitarian tho, every state and district in the us is its own little territory, there's no way to enforce the kind of uniformity you want without ripping up the constitution

100 or so americans are killed every day by guns, that number will continue to trend down unless some sweeping totalitarian bend comes along

Last edited:

finowns

May 10, 2009
I think the media plays a big part in these types of incidents they should be more circumspect although it might be a coincidence this happened after the Gilroy shooting. I don’t think Trump should even tweet about it.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: JimmyJones

finowns

May 10, 2009

There’s not much of a point comparing Canada and the US. Canada is a small homogeneous nation in comparison to the United States. Same with Switzerland.

Last edited:

merlinevo

Apr 28, 2019
Let's separate the politics from this and focus on the real problem. The fact is people died, it doesn't matter what killed them, be it guns, knives, explosives. The only thing that matter is the guy with mental problem.

Young males who are immerse in negative influence from online shooting games combined with poor social skills and lacking positive role models need to be identified, monitored, and flagged by law enforcement.

The real problem here is mental problem, not gun restriction. When you are affected by violence, you don't blame the weapons, you blame the person and the failings of their families, school, and community. Until the liberals stop trying to manipulate mental problems incidents to push their anti american agenda, this problem will not get solved.

We can solve this problem overnight by limiting and banning negative media like online shooting games, violent rap music, and monitoring mental problem people.

Last edited:
  • Triggered
Reactions: Tesseract

TheSadRanger

Sep 5, 2013
Mckinney,TX
It's both.

Supposedly the guy has a "civilian AK47". What the fuck does that mean? I'm no gun nut. I'm thinking an AK47 is an AK47.

So what's your proposition then? Ban all semi-automatic rifles? Basically any semi-auto rifle can have a large magazine loaded onto it. So the only effective method would be to ban all semi automatic long rifles, any type of ban on large magazines would be ineffective since it could be easily circumvented. That would still allow bolt action rifles with small magazines and breach loading.

I'm not arguing just curious, if we're talking about gun control then what sort control people want.

I'm partially open to banning semi-auto long rifles but I would rather not see it come to that.

pennythots

May 14, 2019
Let's separate the politics from this and focus on the real problem. The fact is people died, it doesn't matter what killed them, be it guns, knives, explosives. The only thing that matter is the guy with mental problem.

Young males who are immerse in negative influence from online shooting games combined with poor social skills and lacking positive role models need to be identified, monitored, and flagged by law enforcement.

The real problem here is mental problem, not gun restriction. When you are affected by violence, you don't blame the weapons, you blame the person and the failings of their families, school, and community. Until the liberals stop trying to manipulate mental problems incidents to push their anti american agenda, this problem will not get solved.

We can solve this problem overnight by limiting and banning negative media like online shooting games, violent rap music, and monitoring mental problem people.
the 80's called, they want you back. I've heard there's this new demonic ritual being performed in people's basements called dungeons & dragons.

Tesseract

Crushed by Thanos
Dec 7, 2008

are we really gonna start flagging and monitoring young men who play video games and have poor social skills? most men are inherently disagreeable, all men have a propensity for aggression and violence to some degree.

banning negative media is authoritarian garbage, so is the wholesale monitoring of 'problematic' people.

can i monitor you, do you mind if i track you right now?

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2018
So what's your proposition then? Ban all semi-automatic rifles? Basically any semi-auto rifle can have a large magazine loaded onto it. So the only effective method would be to ban all semi automatic long rifles, any type of ban on large magazines would be ineffective since it could be easily circumvented. That would still allow bolt action rifles with small magazines and breach loading.

I'm not arguing just curious, if we're talking about gun control then what sort control people want.

I'm partially open to banning semi-auto long rifles but I would rather not see it come to that.
Got to start somewhere and maybe banning semi-auto is a fix, and see how it works.

But anytime these killing sprees happen it doesn't look like a guy with a pistol. It's always some kind of rifle with a bag of ammo kind of thing.

Reactions: DeafTourette

12Goblins

Mar 1, 2017
Why are these high powered killing machines legal? What else are these for?
They are designed by smartest minds solely to kill the highest number of people in shortest amount of time. How are Americans so dense on this issue? Ruining the country to own the libs.

Outlaw all these mass murdering weapons. What the fuck are we doing

Last edited: