• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

El Paso TX Shooting. 10+ dead.

matt404au

Gold Member
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
The Left: Destroys national unity with the 1965 immigration act.
The Left: Destroys gender relations with feminism
The Left: Destroys the family unit with single motherhood via welfare policy.
The Left: Destroys religion and replaces it with dogmatic racism and sexism.
The Left: Blames the people who created the most free, fair, safe civilization on the planet for everything.
The Left: Can't be racist against whites.
The Left: Can't be sexist against men.
The Left: Attacks anything pro or neutrally white via constant calls for 'diversity.'
The Left: Attacks anything pro or neutrally male via constant calls of misogyny .
The Left: Attacks Western Civilization via constant calls for 'multiculturalism.'
The Left: Institutionalizes everything above via college, the media, Hollywood, and big tech.

The Left can't help it self now has to push harder.

The Left: Calls for open borders.
The Left: Calls for the killing of freedom of speech.
The Left: Pushes increasing levels of sexualization on children via 'L.G.B.T.' indoctrination in schools.
The Left: Harasses the religious through constant litigation that resist.
The Left: Abuses children via transgenderism medication or worse.
The Left: Constantly trying to suppress boys being boys.
The Left: Constantly putting boys on medication for being boys.
The Left: Calls for the killing of local government by trying to divert all power to the federal government.

The Left goes on and on and on. . .

People of all backgrounds become nihilistic.
People of all backgrounds start acting nihilistically.

The Left: WHOA WHOA WHOA . . . how could this happen?!!? Guess we better ban guns.
God damn, son.

Lamel

Nov 2, 2009
The Left: Blames the people who created the most free, fair, safe civilization on the planet for everything.
The Left: Attacks anything pro or neutrally white via constant calls for 'diversity.'
The Left: Attacks anything pro or neutrally male via constant calls of misogyny .
The Left: Attacks Western Civilization via constant calls for 'multiculturalism.'
The Left: Institutionalizes everything above via college, the media, Hollywood, and big tech.

The Left: Pushes increasing levels of sexualization on children via 'L.G.B.T.' indoctrination in schools.
The Left: Calls for the killing of local government by trying to divert all power to the federal government.

The Left: WHOA WHOA WHOA . . . how could this happen?!!? Guess we better ban guns.

Completely unrelated to my post.

However, I do appreciate how nicely formatted this drivel is.

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2011
Refer to a specific post or move along.
It was your post I was referring to. You have now kindly demonstrated my point about mental gymnastics more than once.

If you feel I need to 'move along' then report my post(s) to a mod.
Your pretence at authority isn't a convincing one.

Sign

Jun 4, 2012
Completely unrelated to my post.

However, I do appreciate how nicely formatted this drivel is.
Guns have very little to do with the problems this country actually face. We've had them from the beginning and we will have them to the end.

On the other hand, the left's slide into Marxism is new and correlates neatly to the problems we have now. If there is one thing the left has constantly demonstrated though is that they would rather drive off a cliff than admit they took a wrong turn.

Last edited:

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014
Is the left wing shooter’s motivation based on his politics? If it is then that is an equally serious problem. So far no evidence suggests that.

Either shooting highlights a gun problem in the USA. One occurred by someone who released a terrorist manifesto. The end result should be the same: address the gun problem.
The entire issue is political. We've had guns in this country since its inception. We had fully automatic legal for a long time without incident. Mass shootings are a recent phenomenon, especially at this frequency.

So we need to ask ourselves, what has changed? Because a lot has changed, but nobody wants to point the finger at what has changed. If i call out the epidemic of single motherhood being responsible because the most aggressive males on the curve need fathers and discipline, not psychotropic drugs and hugs, nobody will listen except those who already understand.

I'm an atheist. Always have been. But i have a strong core... and i understand that now that we have this odd, agnostic/atheistic society, we have a lot of aimless people with no moral compass. But how do you address that? How do we remind people we have a higher purpose, a greater responsibility, when hedonism rules the day, and men like Jordan Peterson, who actually gets this message out, are called fascist pigs?

The media wants a soundbite. This happened because of white nationalism. Or that happened because of racism.

No. Racism was not a major issue even 10 years ago. MLK would have been proud of us. Sure, there were isolated incidents [racism will always exist] but by and large few were identitarian in a way that actually mattered. Neonazis were rejects. My 95 year old grams might refer to some lady as an oriental, but she meant no harm. Now race is everything, and because it's pushed so hard racism flourishes on the left and right. Robots are racist. Dogs are racist. And actual white supremacists love that the left is doing this, because the far left is doing a better job dividing us in 5 years than they ever did... they'd been fighting a losing battle for a century til the far left swooped in and reignited this shit.

Meanwhile, more and more young men just feel their world crumbling - the world hates them, no friends, no female prospects, we need to recognize some miniscule percentage of them will not be able to cope. They've been on various mood drugs since they were 7 that smoothed them out, and while this is fine for most, some will not have the toolset to exist.

This is all political. It's about god and drugs, race and jobs, sex and technology. But then we have people just condensing this to 'guns' . No, a thousand times no. Guns are not creating monsters that just snap. Our society is. If we wished guns put of existence like Thanos, these moral rejects would still be popping like corn, and they'd just find another way to kill [truck, bomb, etc].

Our society needs to get back on track. But in order to do this we need to have hard conversations the left refuses to have.

Young men need purpose during their twenties [by 30, aggression sees a huge downturn]. They need jobs. They need a girlfriend, if not a wife and kids. They need a sense of future. They need a favorite sports team [or game, or hobby], and they need responsibility.

Instead they're home alone on the internet, lost, aimless. No prospects. They are being told they are bad for being gamers, their hobby isn't inclusive, they're evil for loving their country, racist for being white. That it's their fault for being lonely and alone.

And sure, despite this, 99.99% of people are fine. But when you have 330 million people in a country, those rare individuals that simply can't hack it will start to crop up. And so here we are.

Last edited:

Whataburger

Milk Connoisseur
Feb 2, 2018
So we had one right wing shooter, then one left wing shooter. So do they cancel each other out?

No. You call them both psychopaths and stop ignoring the issue while trying to get votes for the upcoming election.

Last edited:

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014

"Hate has no place in our country and we're going to take care of it"

My bet: severe crackdown on white supremicists, MS-13, and antifa incoming.

Hesemonni

Feb 27, 2007
Finland
"Hate has no place in our country and we're going to take care of it"

My bet: severe crackdown on white supremicists, MS-13, and antifa incoming.
MS-13 and Antifa. The most severe threats USA is facing, according to FoxNews and the right leaning media.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Lamel
Dec 15, 2011
White supremacist + access to modern semiautomatic firearm + access to radical far right website

Why act like this is some vague societal illness when the disease has been specifically diagnosed?
Are you suggesting that eradication of the three specific elements in the 'specifically diagnosed' diagnosis is guaranteed to eradicate extremist behaviour?

Sign

Jun 4, 2012
White supremacist + access to modern semiautomatic firearm + access to radical far right website

Why act like this is some vague societal illness when the disease has been specifically diagnosed?
Because your diagnosis is wrong.

Because all the things you have listed have been in this country since its foundation. The one exception, semiautomatics, were obtainable decades ago well before any of this stuff started. The things found on those websites have been talked about for literally a century plus.

What is new and recent is the insidious and persistent attempts by the institutionalized elite to unravel the fundamental underpinnings of the nation through Marxist ideology and thought. And now that these hucksters of destruction have caused irrevocable damage to this country they demand the citizenry give over the means to defend in all forms as punishment for their failed theories.

Get rid of semiautomatics, and the discontent move to handguns and multiple shooters.
Get rid of handguns, and they move to bombs.
. . .to trucks.
. . .to knives.
. . .to acid.

All the while we lose freedom after freedom never addressing the real problem. Don't bother acknowledging the will of the people just arrest them when they show wrongthink on twitter. Don't acknowledge people are different and need different things, just pump them full of drugs and shoo them away.

Because after all, utopia can't fail. Only we can fail utopia.

Last edited:

Tesseract

Crushed by Thanos
Dec 7, 2008

HeresJohnny

Mar 14, 2018
Gun control does not work. Case in point: Chicago, but also many other liberal cities with strict gun control laws. If Democrats want to invoke change, then let's see all the democratic politicians fire their armed bodyguards immediately. Show us you are sincere, that's a good first step.

Reactions: Oner and Tesseract

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Apr 9, 2009
Let's not advocate for death or violence.
Because your diagnosis is wrong.

Because all the things you have listed have been in this country since its foundation. The one exception, semiautomatics, were obtainable decades ago well before any of this stuff started. The things found on those websites have been talked about for literally a century plus.

What is new and recent is the insidious and persistent attempts by the institutionalized elite to unravel the fundamental underpinnings of the nation through Marxist ideology and thought. And now that these hucksters of destruction have caused irrevocable damage to this country they demand the citizenry give over the means to defend in all forms as punishment for their failed theories.

Get rid of semiautomatics, and the discontent move to handguns and multiple shooters.
Get rid of handguns, and they move to bombs.
. . .to trucks.
. . .to knives.
. . .to acid.

All the while we lose freedom after freedom never addressing the real problem. Don't bother acknowledging the will of the people just arrest them when they show wrongthink on twitter. Don't acknowledge people are different and need different things, just pump them full of drugs and shoo them away.

Because after all, utopia can't fail. Only we can fail utopia.
You're the one who wants a utopia what with your earlier pondering in the thread about a nuclear family, where every dude has a girlfriend, where parents don't get divorced, e.t.c. As if you are entitled to any of those things. Happiness is something you have to put effort into forging. Some modern white men can't hack it, it seems. Master race indeed.

You are right on one thing though: people are different and need different things.

Last edited by a moderator:

danielberg

Jun 20, 2018
You're the one who wants a utopia what with your earlier pondering in the thread about a nuclear family, where every dude has a girlfriend, where parents don't get divorced, e.t.c. As if you are entitled to any of those things. Happiness is something you have to put effort into forging. Some modern white men can't hack it, it seems. Master race indeed.
why the "white" point? family union is in shambles/ a issue among many groups do you think its not a issue in the black community? color isnt a factor in this.

SpartanN92

Sep 7, 2012
Own up to what? Acknowledging Trump thrives on furthering the political divide.
Do you remember last year when Cory Booker literally called Justice Kavanaugh “Evil”?
What was said about Kavanaugh last year was way worse and way more politically divisive than anything that President Trump has ever said.

Tesseract

Crushed by Thanos
Dec 7, 2008
Do you remember last year when Cory Booker literally called Justice Kavanaugh “Evil”?
What was said about Kavanaugh last year was way worse and way more politically divisive than anything that President Trump has ever said.
that comment was booker's truth tho, i believe him

Sub_Level

Apr 9, 2009
why on earth would you get rid of one squeeze one bullet weapons, do you really want a world of bolt rifles and shit
Thats actually aesthetic as fuck to be fair. Break action shotguns and single action revolvers too.

Sign

Jun 4, 2012

You are right on one thing though: people are different and need different things. These white supremacists need the bullet.
Ignoring the straw-man, the fact that you think this doesn't affect everybody tells me you are not really equipped to talk about this. It isn't whites slaughtering each other in pointless gang violence. It isn't whites being over represented in homicides relative to their population. Everyone is suffering from these failed ideas.

Well, we can start with semi-automatic weapons first. See how that goes.
I too double down on ideologies when they fail.

Riven326

Mar 25, 2019
United States
This shooter needed help or at least some form of counseling to discuss his grievances and concerns in order to at least motivate him into positive action.

If you are concerned about the environment then do your part and help educate others to the best of your ability and perhaps be involved in environmental activism, but activism that is constructive and does not condone violence.

As far as left and right, people are missing the point that we have a civility problem in the U.S. no one wants to listen to anyone and instead just uses the internet to judge and shame others for disagreeing rather than using it as a means to constructively discuss and come to some sense of a mutual agreement.

We need to teach civics more and people need more empathy and the ability to project and understand the plight of others.

Fact is Trump is furthering division with his rhetoric. He started his presidential campaign stating that Mexicans are rapists and murderers. He has continued to make this association, since, intentional or not. He is the POTUS of the US not the POTUS of just his supporters. He has a duty as the elected leader to try and bridge the divide and provide some sense of commonality amongst the people. I am not saying he pulled the trigger, but his rhetoric is divisive and further amplifies the issue and gives ammo to these mentally unstable individuals into comitting acts of terrorism.

He could stop with the inflammatory tweets today and try and behave as a leader should and address issues in a diplomatic way without the incendiary rhetoric and blame games.

I expect better from the president. No president is perfect and does many things I both agree and disagree with, but never in my lifetime of 40 years. Have I seen a president fuel division the way this man has. If you want to blame the left and their reaction to Trump as the problem then fine, but also acknowledge that reaction would never had existed if he was not so divisive to begin with and contantly used twitter to spout inflammatory talking point to deflect from his policies that if looked into many would disagree with.
I disagree. I think this was building up before Trump ran for office. The left has been moving further and further left and no one wants to ask why. They just want to blame Trump.

#Phonepunk#

Sep 4, 2018
Alex Jones was deplatformed, yet this still happened. 8chan is now deplatformed. but you would have to be naive to think this will stop mass murders.

besides, i know a number of person who fall under this simplistic formula, none of them are mass murderers, nor violent people in any regard. keep in mind the first variable these days is generally "anyone who didn't vote Democrat".

Dev1lXYZ

Sep 1, 2017
I’m so glad that I got my AR-15 last month, because prices are about to skyrocket due to demand. Regarding the assault weapons ban of 1994, the same thing happened with AK-47’s. By that Christmas, every man that I knew owned one-a lot of Chinese made ones flooded the market at that point.

CaptainAnchovie

Gold Member
Aug 22, 2018
Here's several more studies that found no significant effect.
States that Border Central America found themselves with higher Firearm Violence:
Webster and Vernick found that the ban had no meaningful impact upon the Firearm Homicide rate:
In 2005, the NCR found there were "no clear outcomes":
This is probably the best Assessment also finding that the renewal of the Assault weapons ban wouldn't have much of a measurable impact:
"Insufficient Evidence to determine efficacy":
In 2001, the NRC found no significant impact:
In a Book by John Lott, More Guns, Less Crime, no significant impact was found. Which is a good definitive book on the subject.

You can probably see a pattern by now. In your singular study, how large of an impact did the Assault Weapons Ban have upon Firearm Violence(Murder, Rape, Robbery etc)?

Reactions: Musky_Cheese

Sub_Level

Apr 9, 2009
Ignoring the straw-man, the fact that you think this doesn't affect everybody tells me you are not really equipped to talk about this. It isn't whites slaughtering each other in pointless gang violence. It isn't whites being over represented in homicides relative to their population. Everyone is suffering from these failed ideas.
The gangbangers in Chicago and Baltimore are actually a little more sympathetic to me in this case because at least those scum don't try to shift the blame to feminism or marxism. Not to mention they are more likely to further ruin their own communities & families rather than indiscriminately kill innocents in random locations.

The only -ism relevant to this terrorist attack involving a white dude driving 10 hours to kill Mexican immigrants is racism. You're making it way more complex than it is.

besides, i know a number of person who fall under this simplistic formula, none of them are mass murderers, nor violent people in any regard.
If they are genuine white supremacists, which I highly doubt (probably just rightwingers who want more migration enforcement which is not a problem), you should probably notify law enforcement?

pramod

Oct 24, 2017

Great post, that's why I've always felt like, as great as what Trump is trying to do, he is a bit too late. If he showed up 10-15 years ago there might have been still some hope to save the balkanization of this country. But I feel the damage may already be irreversible.

Reactions: Bolivar687

pramod

Oct 24, 2017
Just curious, why do people think that simply denouncing white supremacists is going to make them go away?

Did denouncing ISIS and Al Qaeda make them stop attacking? I remember the left at the time saying "we need to figure out why they hate us." Well, why are they not calling for the same here?

Jun 26, 2018
Milwaukee, WI
You can probably see a pattern by now. In your singular study, how large of an impact did the Assault Weapons Ban have upon Firearm Violence(Murder, Rape, Robbery etc)?
None of those links addressed mass shootings respectively. Isn't that what we are talking about?

#Phonepunk#

Sep 4, 2018
If they are genuine white supremacists, which I highly doubt (probably just rightwingers who want more migration enforcement which is not a problem), you should probably notify law enforcement?
that's the whole problem. to some people, merely voting for the wrong party makes you a WS. for some, not voting does the same. when the simple act of voting for the 1 of 2 choices given to you makes you a WS, the definition is forever fucked.

also yeah i'm not going to call the cops on someone i know and love, fuck that. leave that to the narcs at reset

Last edited:

Musky_Cheese

Community Liaison
Oct 23, 2016
Just an FYI for those who didn't know,

Since Dayton there have been 4 more mass shootings. 2 people dead. Bringing the total of mass shootings to 256 with 284 total dead.

CaptainAnchovie

Gold Member
Aug 22, 2018
None of those links addressed mass shootings respectively.
Being real, I do not care about Mass Shootings at all since they have no large impact upon the overall homicide rate. People invest far too much emotional energy into a small subsection of overall Homicide that it causes them not to think rationally about the big picture, but rather say a bunch of meaningless platitudes while offering "solutions" that statistically don't address the overall problem.
I rarely agree with Niel Tyson, but his take on the meaninglessness of these events is perfectly illustrated by showing how little this has an impact.

Cucked SoyBoy

Dec 18, 2018
Let me tell you a little story of the 1600s. A bunch of Europeans showed up on the land of First Nations people. At first the natives were happy to help the newcomers. Some tribes asked for their help fighting another tribe...

Eventually the First Nations people realized that the whites would never stop coming. There would always be more, and more, and more. They realized that as long as Europeans could keep coming, the First Nations people would lose their land and would have no future in their own lands.

So, they started shooting arrows into the Europeans. I'm not saying it was right or wrong, I'm saying that when you show up to take land from a tribe, there will always be a reaction.

Jun 26, 2018
Milwaukee, WI
Being real, I do not care about Mass Shootings at all since they have no large impact upon the overall homicide rate.
Oh that's just great. Never mind the effect this has on a nation. You know, the whole mass shooter drills in kindergarten are totally normal. Some guy may have had a bomb in his shoes 18 years ago and we are all still taking our shoes off at the airport. But we've had dozens of mass shootings and the effect has been dismal.

Look at these pictures of the last 25 years. How can you tell me these incidents are not having an effect? My god.

Reactions: Hayfield
Mar 28, 2017
Sheffield, UK
mixer.com
I don't think banning weapons or introducing further restrictions will achieve anything apart from increase demand for illegal acquirements via black markets and penalised law abiding gun owners. This has recently happened in the UK, one of the strictest countries (Along aside Japan and Australia) when it comes to gun laws.

Last edited:

finowns

May 10, 2009
Let me tell you a little story of the 1600s. A bunch of Europeans showed up on the land of First Nations people. At first the natives were happy to help the newcomers. Some tribes asked for their help fighting another tribe...

Eventually the First Nations people realized that the whites would never stop coming. There would always be more, and more, and more. They realized that as long as Europeans could keep coming, the First Nations people would lose their land and would have no future in their own lands.

So, they started shooting arrows into the Europeans. I'm not saying it was right or wrong, I'm saying that when you show up to take land from a tribe, there will always be a reaction.
The reality is European germs wiped out the Central American empires killing 9 in 10 'first nations people.' Who also practiced slavery, ritual murder, and recognized conquest by arms. Europeans then colonized an empty land.

CaptainAnchovie

Gold Member
Aug 22, 2018
Look at these pictures of the last 25 years. How can you tell me these incidents are not having an effect? My god.
Appeals to emotion lad.
They aren't changing the numbers that much, not enough to consider fundamental changes to firearm laws that probably isn't addressing the root of the problem.

Zangiefy360

Aug 30, 2018
Is there actual proof this guy is a white supremacist or is the media jumping the gun to push their anti-white male agenda like usual?