• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[ElAnalistaDeBits] - Cyberpunk Xbox Series X x Playstation 5

EdGalTBR

Banned

- 2176 x 1224p on Xbox Series X / Playstation 5, targeting 60FPS.
- X has a Quality Mode running at 1800p@30FPS, which is absent in PS5.
- Overall solid performance on both consoles.
- Textures, shadows, draw distance and NPC density lower on PS5.
- The best console to play Cyberpunk is Xbox Series X.

Last edited:
SkinnyDelectableGrosbeak-size_restricted.gif

Those teraflops keep delivering.

yurqqa

Did everybody just skip "Textures, shadows, draw distance and NPC density lower on PS5" part ?

I was on the fence between PS5 and XSX version at launch and went with PS5 in the end, cause I have PS4 Pro and can play in the other room on it.
I think in the end the difference with backward compatibility is negligible and we'll see about NG version when it's out.

Definitely PC centric game as IQ is awful on consoles - hopefully the next gen patch will help.

The strange thing is that neither of those resolutions are anywhere near bad but IQ is really poor somehow so not great image reconstruction. The image reconstruction was pretty good on Witcher 3 on PS4 Pro from what I remember.

Freeman76

This is the most broken game i have ever played. Its really great when it works but I am honestly shocked they released this. Needs another 6 months to smooth bugs. Ive actually hit a point where i cant continue because Jackie has literally vanished from the game lol!

Bartski

Gold Member
Having played non-stop since release on XsX - IMO none of that matters at all...
I'm enjoying myself, but unfortunately, this game has got WAY bigger issues resolution, framerate, or anything related to a specific platform etc.
But while we're at it, LOD pop-in is ridiculously bad in some places, while less noticeable in others.

D

Deleted member 801069

Unconfirmed Member
You missed the “some” textures and shadows. And again, it still could have a 30fps mode with higher res. I don’t know how it invalidates my point.
“Some” just means not every single texture and shadow in every situation was superior

you’re really stretching here

one just needs to watch the comparison videos to see the massive difference between ps5 vs xsx even in 60 FPS mode

Last edited by a moderator:

Yoboman

There were tons of people asking whether they should buy the game on their xsx or ps5 in the CP2077 OT to play now, not when next gen patch comes out

this is very relevant to them
I think wait for the next gen and further general patches is a fair answer to that question.

Neither version is going to give a PC like experience right now

D

Deleted member 801069

Unconfirmed Member
I think wait for the next gen and further general patches is a fair answer to that question.

Neither version is going to give a PC like experience right now
You miss the part where I wrote they didn’t want to wait?

your answer isn’t an answer

I’m playing on xsx and having a blast, very glad I didn’t wait

Xbox diehards are gonna milk this for all it's worth after losing every crossgen battle to Sony so far.

But as someone who has this game on PS5 and Series X I'm happy that I've got a good experience on the PS5 and a great one on Series X!
I see some people are getting desperate for a "win".
Comparing the XsX/ps5 versions before the patch is like comparing steaks based on the quality of the pan. 🤷‍♀️

Oh please. I've been saying these comparisons are silly for ages. The differences are extremely minor and you have to be actively looking for them.

It's the Sony side that's been amping up these 'wins' and bragging about having 1 more frame or 5% more res. When it's a Ps5 loss the 'Xbox fanbois are pathetic' though 😂

Like I've been saying from the start.... Play your platform of choice and enjoy the game.

Last edited:

sinnergy

- 2176 x 1224p on Xbox Series X / Playstation 5, targeting 60FPS.
- X has a Quality Mode running at 1800p@30FPS, which is absent in PS5.
- Overall solid performance on both consoles.
- Textures, shadows, draw distance and NPC density lower on PS5.
- The best console to play Cyberpunk is Xbox Series X.

Only the biggest games of the year matter , win for COD and punk 2077, good going MS! 52 CU at work people!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 801069

Unconfirmed Member
Let them be happy with BC, Game Pass and all Phil Spencer's lies, while PCs and PS5 will deliver true next gen experience, PC with multiplat and PS5 with exclusive games. I can understand all the depression and disappointment after all the hype built around the xsx, but it's not our fault that Phil Spencer and company are clowns and XSX is not delivering in the next Gen...
This news really pissed you off, huh?

hemo memo

Gold Member
“Some” just means not every single texture and shadow in every situation was superior

you’re really stretching here

one just needs to watch the comparison videos to see the massive difference between ps5 vs xsx even in 60 FPS mode

Massive? Really?

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Not true

quality mode was added in just for xsx

it is not available on the Xbox one x

Neither is the 60fps on last gen consoles.

But it says in the description. I'm sure I know why it wasn't quoted.

The game runs in backward compatibility mode on PS5 / XSX. The NextGen patch will arrive in 2021. The PC version runs at 4K / Ultra 30FPS with DLSS. There are some interesting differences between versions, starting with the absence of modes on PS5. Series X has a 1800p / 30fps mode and another with a medium resolution of 1224p / 60fps, while the PS5 has to settle for only the second option. Some textures and shadows are considerably lower on the PS5 version in addition to having a lower draw distance and npcs density. The most noticeable differences in PC are mainly the textures, the lighting (with RT) and the density of NPCs. However, I am not very happy with the DLSS in this game, as it sometimes blurs the image too much. Currently, on consoles, the best version to play is Series X without a doubt. We will have to wait for the 2021 patch to see if there are changes to this result.

This is why they call the update the more robust upgrade.

Last edited:
PS5 really needs that quality mode. No point in playing at 60 when there’s constant dips in certain areas.

Quality mode would also help with the super soft image.

nosseman

Jesus.

A lot of people are pissed that the game looks a little better on XSX than on PS5.

Its a game developed primarily for PC - its not that strange that it will run a little better on Xbox Series X.

One thing is strange tho - why isnt the Quality-mode available on PS5?

If DF comes out in 1-3 days and say the same thing NEOGAF will immediately call them out for being MS-shills after months of praise when they said that PS5 played some games a little better. :)

Let them be happy with BC, Game Pass and all Phil Spencer's lies, while PCs and PS5 will deliver true next gen experience, PC with multiplat and PS5 with exclusive games. I can understand all the depression and disappointment after all the hype built around the xsx, but it's not our fault that Phil Spencer and company are clowns and XSX is not delivering in the next Gen...
So much hate and anger in this post.

nosseman

PS5 really needs that quality mode. No point in playing at 60 when there’s constant dips in certain areas.

Quality mode would also help with the super soft image.

Probably not possible with Sonys implementations and rules about BC.

If they want to put quality mode in PS5 it has to be on PS4 Pro (and PS4?) and that would clearly not work and would be even more embarrassing for them.

Top Bottom