• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[ElAnalistaDeBits] - Cyberpunk Xbox Series X x Playstation 5

This is just the game running in BC and still causing such a stir. It is gonna get apocalyptic when the actual Next-Gen version releases, regardless of who ends up really winning.

Tg89

Hopefully the next gen patches come soon and improve the situation a lot. Both consoles leave a lot to be desired, even if it is only running through BC right now.

Even the PC version is rough. Embarrassingly unoptimized for a game that's been in development this long.

Last edited:

FlyyGOD

- 2176 x 1224p on Xbox Series X / Playstation 5, targeting 60FPS.
- X has a Quality Mode running at 1800p@30FPS, which is absent in PS5.
- Overall solid performance on both consoles.
- Textures, shadows, draw distance and NPC density lower on PS5.
- The best console to play Cyberpunk is Xbox Series X.

I was told by armchair analysts in another thread that PS5 was the better version sporting higher resolution and all.

scydrex

- 2176 x 1224p on Xbox Series X / Playstation 5, targeting 60FPS.
- X has a Quality Mode running at 1800p@30FPS, which is absent in PS5.
- Overall solid performance on both consoles.
- Textures, shadows, draw distance and NPC density lower on PS5.
- The best console to play Cyberpunk is Xbox Series X.

Of course the best console to play is Cyberpunk because the BC in Xbox is better than PS5 BC. This game is running on BC on both platforms that sucks. Sure 60fps and whatever but they should have at least run native on next gen. Then with the next gen update make improvements.

Jtibh

Banned
Xbox fans vanished,hiding in a cave since the first vs thread.
Only Riky Riky showed strenght and stamina to continue the fight.

Xbox fans run finally for daylight out of their caves when a back comp last gen game has the upper hand on xsx that emulates xboxonex version while ps5 loses due to a joke of a backcomp .

Bogroll

Likes moldy games

Xbox fans run finally for daylight out of their caves when a back comp last gen game has the upper hand on xsx that emulates xboxonex version while ps5 loses due to a joke of a backcomp .
No we came out for COD Warfare and now possibly this. And now we are going back into the caves. :messenger_squinting_tongue:

assurdum

Banned
Oh the prestigious Elanalist. The person who spotted better AF in WD Legion on series X and invented completely the resolution output in his past videos. Surely will be a fair and honest comparison knowing him.

Last edited:

Mr Moose

"NPC density lower on PS5"

Yeah OK, it's almost like people walk around (like I pointed out in a different thread).
I wouldn't use this guys info for anything, he's constantly wrong.

Moogle11

Banned
Hopefully the next gen patches come soon and improve the situation a lot. Both consoles leave a lot to be desired, even if it is only running through BC right now.

Even the PC version is rough. Embarrassingly unoptimized for a game that's been in development this long.

I'm guessing the next gen patches are probably several months away as they'll probably (and really should) prioritize continuing to patch bugs first. I'm ok with that as I knew what i was buying as I waited for impressions first. I'm mostly OK with the XSX version. Looks ok after some settings tweaks and have only had one bug so far in 4-5 hours (text box explaining access points got stuck on screen and had to reload a prior autosave and replay a few minutes).

assurdum

Banned
"NPC density lower on PS5"

Yeah OK, it's almost like people walk around (like I pointed out in a different thread).
I wouldn't use this guys info for anything, he's constantly wrong.

He completely invented tech stuff basing solely on his catch. He should just post the video without his comments, definitely doesn't know of what he talking about most of time.

Last edited:

Mr Moose

He completely invented tech stuff basing solely on his straw. He should just post the video without his comments, definitely doesn't know of what he talking about most of time.
Yeah he doesn't make any sense, his video shows the opposite of his claims about crowd density. I wouldn't even trust his resolution counts or his fps readings (he's using an old version of trdrop, God knows how accurate that is).

Why are people comparing this?
May as well compare Witcher 3 on XSX and PS5.

Next gen upgrade versions will be the barrometer.
Cause all is fair in love, and (console) war.

Also, people want to see where they should be playing this game 🤷‍♂️ but, should you really be basing your console purchase on this particular game running in BC mode? that seems a bit outlandish to me. I really can't wait to see what this game will look like with the next gen upgrades.

EDIT: Anyone want to preemptively throw out conspiracy theories about CD Project RED artificially gimping the PS5 version cause of "marketing deal" ?!?! anyone? :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:
Are we sure Bethesda didn’t make this game?
Any comparison of this game between Series X and PS5 is disingenuous. Neither is the next gen experience you’re just looking at the X one X and PS4 Pro versions. I triple dipped this game .... playing it maxed out all features at 60 FPS on pc makes the current state of the console versions unplayable. If you own even a decent gaming pc playing this game on ANY console is doing yourself a massive disservice. If you own a series x or ps5 wait for the patch before touching this game it will be worth it. If you pick corporate life the detail in just the first area before you leave the company with the red cubicles the hdr ray tracing and lighting in that area playing off the red glass is fucking amazing. Walk through that area on pc then on console and I promise you’ll decide to wait.
May I ask why u felt the need to buy this game three times? If u did at all, that is, of course. 🙄

BeardGawd

Banned
Yeah he doesn't make any sense, his video shows the opposite of his claims about crowd density. I wouldn't even trust his resolution counts or his fps readings (he's using an old version of trdrop, God knows how accurate that is).
He is not the first nor the only one to say XSX has higher crowd density. He just didn't capture it in the video.

Mr Moose

He is not the first nor the only one to say XSX has higher crowd density. He just didn't capture it in the video.
Then why post a video about it and then claim it in the comments? "NPC density" *shows more on PS5 than Series X* "But... It's higher guys!" It's probably the same, people walk around. He's constantly wrong in his videos, I wouldn't trust anything he says.

It's almost like people walk around, weird huh.
07jLkQ.png

Cyberpunk.jpg

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Always love the titles of his videos when 95% of them lately are running in BC mode on both. Especially when comparing dRaW dIsTaNcE, sHaDoWs, tExTuReS, and rEsOlUtIoN between last gen and current gen... in BC mode. The most pointless videos other than clicks.

And I sub to his channel and enjoyed past content, but the whole BC stuff is just redundant 99% of the time when comparing across the gens.

One that made me chuckle was when he was comparing load times in RDR2. In a sIdE bY sIdE, one system he loaded up in the barren ass Colter in the snowy mountains, and the other system he loaded up in Saint Denis which would take the longest in contrast due to how large and densely populated that city is. That is not a proper lOaD tImE cOmPaRiSoN. Must have taken a page out of DF's book when they show 2 different scenes to measure framerate "side by side," sometimes. Not to mention that game is so sporadic on loading, that you can load into the same spot several times in a row, and it will vary on load times each time.

Last edited:

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
If this was just a BC version for Xbox shouldn’t the one x have a 60fps option?
All this is a revisit of BC enhanced. Thats all.

Unless some ppl think this is a next gen version....

Last edited:
BC game being used for console warring when it seems basically equally bad on both platforms (until you see the game running on their native hardware, which is REALLY bad).

There were tons of people asking whether they should buy the game on their xsx or ps5 in the CP2077 OT to play now, not when next gen patch comes out

this is very relevant to them
Is there really tons of people that have a next gen console, let alone both, to the point they get to chose? Only people i know who have that are rich ass streamers/shills who get sent free crap or scalpers. While the rest of us can't buy anything. Im still salty about it.

Not because of this game, though. I upgraded my pc in October to a Ryzen 3600, 16gb ddr, 2060RTX (while waiting for the 3060ti or 3070 as I am in the evga step up queue). Plays great. Still sucks for people, I just don't think which next gen console to play on is a legitimate issue for most people.

Last edited:

Jigsaah

Gold Member
I'm tempted to buy this on Xbox Series X just to better appreciate what even my half-assed upgraded pc can do. I'm getting 65-70 fps medium setting, on a 1070ti with a Ryzen 5800x. I hurt for the 3080 right now, but after seeing LTT and DF videos on it...I think the 3080 ti is the only card to get at this point. Doesn't drop til January. I will be saving my money.

Boss Mog

Funny because all the videos I saw said the Series X ran at a slightly lower res than PS5, had a lower minimum value for the dynamic resolution and stayed lower than PS5 most of the time.

Why participate in threads where 1 frame drop leads to nutjobs posting Cerny gifs?

Old Empire.

Just this analysis, wait for DF for true confirmation. The Series version definitely much sharper and seems to have superior resolution. The draw distance on PS5 definitely worse here.

SytgJ56.png

xd9S28v.png

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Why are people so angry at BC comparisons and measurements?

The game is brand new, and will only be playable on consoles in BC for a good while. If you want to play the game now on consoles, these videos are useful information, it's the best way to play the game not on PC right now.

There's no reason for someone making such videos to "wait for the next-gen patch" as they can do a video on that later, when it's out...

Last edited:

vpance

Funny because all the videos I saw said the Series X ran at a slightly lower res than PS5, had a lower minimum value for the dynamic resolution and stayed lower than PS5 most of the time.

It depends on the scene. XSX can get much higher in res sometimes even in perf mode

LucidFlux

Man I'm glad I canceled my preorder. It looks like hot doo doo on all consoles atm. I don't really think anyone is "winning" right now except for CDPR and folks playing this on beastly PCs of course.

Top Bottom