• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[ElAnalistaDeBits] - Cyberpunk Xbox Series X x Playstation 5

vkbest

Man I'm glad I canceled my preorder. It looks like hot doo doo on all consoles atm. I don't really think anyone is "winning" right now except for CDPR and folks playing this on beastly PCs of course.

On my Full HD the game is not a looker but is not blurry and 60fps is more important for me. I suppose on 4k the experience can be different

Last edited:
3763947-oyudmpd.gif
lol

LucidFlux

On my Full HD the game is not a looker but is not blurry and 60fps is more important for me. I suppose on 4k the experience can be different

I mean resolution is one thing, it's the textures, lighting, pop-in, bugs, etc. that make me glad I held off until the proper next-gen versions release. I figure I've waited this long already and I have plenty to keep me busy in the meantime.

Reallink

So I guess the real next gen versions are going to be dynamic 1440p/30 @ PC medium presets if SX can only muster 1800/30 @ the crippled console presets. If they try to do some bastardized console RT it may even be dynamic 1080p/30.

Last edited:

JonkyDonk

This is the saddest warring thread yet. You can tell xboys have a lot of pent up angst from all the recent comparisons and they are foaming at the mouth trying to claim a win here with a BC game that looks like crap on all consoles currently. I guess you gotta take em where you can, this is gonna be a long generation!

JonkyDonk

It's BC mode, "Stop it guys!" Typical when it doesn't go a certain way...
What is it then? Is it a full-on native XSX game? Cause if that's the case, my 3-4 year old PC shits all over the XSX if this game is a fair test of these consoles' performance....

Cherrypepsi

it feels surreal arguing over the differences between these, when the consoles are running the old gen versions. They just look bad.
The settings are optimized for Jaguar CPUs, it's crazy to even think about this.

Meanwhile the PC has visuals like this:

imagine the acutal potenital here for both the Series X and the PS5.
It's just a shame they are not ready for launch and I imagine another delay was not possible anymore

Guess someone accepted to have the game ready for holiday season!

original.jpg

DavidGzz

The only people who have been constantly claiming wins over BC performance is xbox fanboys. That has been a persistent theme in all these threads.

Lol, typical bullshit. The memes and celebrations are endless so stop. They have already been rampant before this thread appeared.

Redlancet

Banned
Energy was so different for Dirt 5 and all those other games lmao Sony fanboys have no shame
yup,because using a BC game to brag abut anything makes any sense,good lord,i know some of you are having a rough time but be better not bitter

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
It isn't the PS5 version though, it is the PS4/Pro version via BC 🤦🏻‍♂️.

Let's compare when the next gen versions are out.
Have you told the poster who created the thread and yeah lets just not talk about the biggest game of the year for those of us who want to play it now.

Batiman

Banned
This is just the game running in BC and still causing such a stir. It is gonna get apocalyptic when the actual Next-Gen version releases, regardless of who ends up really winning.
Nobody will care by then tbh. Everyone that wanted to play it would’ve already. Through the jank and bugs. Mostly fans. They’re gonna make some bullshit “ definitive” version on new consoles and people will just double dip. They learned this from rockstar. Then in a couple years we’ll get the “ complete” version.

This will be the only thread on this games performance with more than 20 posts in it. The power battle will be decided way before then.

Last edited:
Been playing this on Series X and haven’t had a single complaint so far.

really? the fuzzy pixels and blur and overall juttery performance doesn't faze you? playing on the series x too and pretty much going to stop (only like an hour or so in) because it's visually so bad. the textures look like they're dissolving. i guess that's the TAA? it's weird. and a TON of ghost trails on everything. and not trying to talk shit or care about console war bullshit. just honestly wondering if i'm missing a setting or something. it's like anything past 5 feet from V is 720p.

Chukhopops

really? the fuzzy pixels and blur and overall juttery performance doesn't faze you? playing on the series x too and pretty much going to stop (only like an hour or so in) because it's visually so bad. the textures look like they're dissolving. i guess that's the TAA? it's weird. and a TON of ghost trails on everything. and not trying to talk shit or care about console war bullshit. just honestly wondering if i'm missing a setting or something. it's like anything past 5 feet from V is 720p.
Did you disable all the visual options like motion blur chromatic aberration film grain etc? I found it made a huge difference.

I started playing in performance mode at first but there’s just too much blurriness and the upscaling they use isn’t as good as the one used in Control for example. So if you’re using performance mode try to switch to quality as it pushes twice the pixels (if the comparison video is to be believed).

Nope.

Next gen patch comes next year-ish I think? Wait if you want, might be a better experience for you. 🤷‍♂️

BC or not BC, that is the question...

And the answer is who gives a fuck? It’s the biggest game out right now and as the OP states, ‘The best console to play Cyberpunk is Xbox Series X.’

Not sure why anything else needs to be discussed? (Except the sensible path of waiting for patches on all systems).

Said it before, Sony cult members should tone it down a bit (a lot) with the excessive gloating over tiny margins, because the payback is going to be unbearable when XSX finds its feet.

Last edited:

DeaDPo0L84

seriously.

no matter who wins, we all lose. (console players)
Unfortunately so, CDPR is my favorite dev cause they delivered Witcher 3 to me. With that said I'm fortunate to have a new rtx GPU and can play CP2077 the way they obviously intended.

They should've been more forthcoming with just how far the console versions would be off from all the pre release footage.

I know everyone keeps saying wait for the patch next year but the patch isn't going to add better hardware to these new consoles so I wouldn't expect some major increase in quality across the board.

Reallink

You can’t compare BC with native games.

I was under the impression Series X has full access to the hardware in BC mode. So the "native" game should theoretically only add SSD storage optimization, slightly more RAM, and minor API improvements (if any exist). I don't expect you're going to see huge gains on the hardware side, but maybe CDPR can pull off a miracle with more time and smarter optimization. The game is a resource monster and the consoles are significantly weaker than the 3XXX, 6XXX, and higher GPU's the game was evidently tailored to.

Last edited:

Malcolm9

BC or not BC, that is the question...

And the answer is who gives a fuck? It’s the biggest game out right now and as the OP states, ‘The best console to play Cyberpunk is Xbox Series X.’

Not sure why anything else needs to be discussed? (Except the sensible path of waiting for patches on all systems).

Said it before, Sony cult members should tone it down a bit (a lot) with the excessive gloating over tiny margins, because the payback is going to be unbearable when XSX finds its feet.

Oh look Microsoft, I've found a big tool.

Mr Moose

Is that what is causing that shit to look blurry when running until a second or two after you stop, the TAA? It looks really bad lol. I thought I was seeing things at first.

OsirisBlack

Banned
May I ask why u felt the need to buy this game three times? If u did at all, that is, of course. 🙄
j2TuCEn.jpg

Because some of us can afford to do what we want. I’d get up out of my bed to show you the other set up in my actual gaming room butI’m comfortable at the moment. Also a bit of friendly grown up advice, never ask someone why they do what they do with their money or count anyone else’s pockets.

Nice win for Xbox here but this comparison is meaningless.

Both are running the game in BC mode which is pointless. Let's have this conversation next year when the real next gen versions are out. Both versions are a blurry mess and are really just the last gen versions with uncapped framerate and higher bound resolution. You might as well be comparing the X1X vs PS4 Pro at this point and Xbox will always come on top in that type of comparison. I guess console warriors don't have the patience to wait for the real next gen versions. Oh well, fight away lol.

Last edited:
It isn't.

The X1X version has only one mode.

It is running by bc, there might be some tuning/optimizations, but the base game it’s XBOX ONE X’s.

CDPR/MS already stated they will deliver the XSX patch later down the road (when ready) through Smart Delivery, but the current version is just the just XBOX ONE X’s

I have been playing the game for just 3 hours and the console is whisper quiet running the game, that means the game isn’t taking much of the console cpu and gpu resources

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Nice win for Xbox here but this comparison is meaningless.

Both are running the game in BC mode which is pointless. Let's have this conversation next year when the real next gen versions are out. Both versions are a blurry mess and are really just the last gen versions with uncapped framerate and higher bound resolution. You might as well be comparing the X1X vs PS4 Pro at this point and Xbox will always come on top in that type of comparison. I guess console warriors don't have the patience to wait for the real next gen versions. Oh well, fight away lol.
Okay buddy 👌
Amazing. Probably the best PS5 footage on the internet.

Looks really good on PS5 even without the next gen patch.
Sounds like your tune is changing now that it isn't going a certain way. Your post history is very telling.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
I can see these being the last consoles I buy. Hopefully by next time I can just download an app and be able to play on what ever device I want. Gamepass is killer, Sony need something like it soon. 1 or 2 games a year is hard for me to get excited for when so much stuff is on game pass.

Last edited:

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
So I guess the real next gen versions are going to be dynamic 1440p/30 @ PC medium presets if SX can only muster 1800/30 @ the crippled console presets. If they try to do some bastardized console RT it may even be dynamic 1080p/30.
This post is an example of why:
You can’t compare BC with native games.
Exactly.

Once again, we are comparing PS4, XBO games and how the platform holders handle BC. And how they did their mid gen refreshes last gen.

Last edited:
Top Bottom