• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elden Ring interview with Hidetaka Miyazaki

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Can't wait to see this. The one thing I have missed with the last few titles is the RPG elements.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member

Pejo

Yep, that's what I wanted to hear. I'm not quite into media blackout mode on this game just yet, I want to see the first round of gameplay vids. Then it's curtains until the game releases so I can do a blind playthrough first like every From game.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Yeah you can argue all the games are open world but only the first Dark Souls really let you sequence break and do stuff in whatever order you want. The other games including Bloodborne and Sekiro open up after a more linear intro.

Given that they are talking horses and wide open fields I don’t think they are just doing the same thing over again.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Friendship with Kentaro Miura is over.

Now George R. R. Martin is my best friend.

I've only read "And Seven Times Never Kill Man." personally.

johntown

Banned
All I ask is they don't release this game the same time Cyberpunk is released as I don't want to have to decide which game I want to play more as that would be IMPOSSIBLE!

I really hope being on PS4/XB1 doesn't hurt the game. This sounds ambitious.

I wish it was a next-gen title instead.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I really hope being on PS4/XB1 doesn't hurt the game. This sounds ambitious.

I wish it was a next-gen title instead.
FromSoftware doesn’t need expensive graphics, Their game always have the best art direction that makes their games look more beautiful than most games with high tech graphics.

I give this example before, Bloodborne graphics no where near as high tech as games like God of War but the amount enemy and boss diversity is crazy and they can do that because they don’t need to waste budget and resources to make high end graphics.

Last edited:

Fushitsusha

Banned
Yep.

nu0887Q.jpg
For being well made and detailed, this map is wrong for no reason, and that's only at first glance. Anyway, YES! Do -not- expect traditional open world. M even confirmed that in this interview, damn it!

Last edited:

Fushitsusha

Banned
Miyazaki-god about to school other developers on how to make a proper open world game.
A proper open world game is what they've been making lately (technically since always) in my opinion. Enough openness with quite some freedeom to tackle things, but not too open so it becomes empty and boring, both design-wise and gameplay.

This game is most likely more open than previous Souls games and BB, but not open and big as other games with the label.

Last edited:

Fushitsusha

Banned
I could see something like Shadow of The Colossus too. A more minimalistic approach with emptier fields -- sure -- but lots of castles, ruins, caves and within those a more maximalistic (?) direction.

Double post. The window for editing should be longer.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I trust FromSofware to give me different type of "open world" game, they one of the few developers know how to properly reward players for exploring, Bloodborne was not open world but it has so much to explore.

Last edited:

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
This interview has usurped my interest in a Bloodborne 2 and transferred that same interest or hype straight into Elden Ring.
At the very least, I know this exists and the information given through this interview has me excited to see actual gameplay.

I'll be keeping a very close eye on this one.

Top Bottom