• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elden Ring - New Balance Patch 1.07 (10/13/2022) (Ray Tracing strings and possible DLC strings added to the game code)

Strength characters are going to be absolute beasts.

• Adjusted player character control when under certain damage animations.’
Huh. Wish this was more specific.

Last edited:

The_hunter

PVP has the ability to have separate damage scaling, fantastic.
That's a big patch, it also says performance improvements have been made.

Last edited:
Is there a GAF password for co-op? I've spent the last 20 hours of game time just helping people out around Limgrave and the lakes at level 40.

Spent 80 hours in my first play of the game. I’d estimate I played maybe… half of the content? Probably less than half. I stopped at the main boss of the Academy, but I’d done quite a bit optional cave plundering and exploration, and unlocked and explored a fair bit of the plateau region.

Cannot wait for the DLC and spending my next 80+ hours in Elden Ring. My god, what a game.

Last edited:
Spent 80 hours in my first play of the game. I’d estimate I played maybe… half of the content? Probably less than half. I stopped at the main boss of the Academy, but I’d done quite a bit optional cave plundering and exploration, and unlocked and explored a fair bit of the plateau region.

Cannot wait for the DLC and spending my next 80+ hours in Elden Ring. My god, what a game.
Brah you’re like 30% in!

Last edited:

skneogaf

At this point it's probably never going to happen.

JkVVSkX.jpg

I was already aware that new data has been mined with ray tracing being added.

Grildon Tundy Grildon Tundy

If they need to chose from one kind of RT on consoles I hope it's RTGI and not reflections RT as this kind of game could benefit more from GI.

Last edited:
The mention of ray-tracing in Elden Ring makes me nervous given how poorly optimised the base game is on current gen consoles and PC. Or are FromSoftware actually going to properly optimise one of their games for the first time EVER?

P.S. The best FromSoftware game to date, by far, is Demon's Souls on the PS5 because it was ported by a competent developer.

Mr Hyde

The mention of ray-tracing in Elden Ring makes me nervous given how poorly optimised the base game is on current gen consoles and PC. Or are FromSoftware actually going to properly optimise one of their games for the first time EVER?

Elden Ring runs quite well on the PS5 now. A few frame drops here and there, but nothing to get worked up about. No crashes. No bugs or glitches during my 350 hours or so with it. So I'd say it's optimised pretty well. Not sure how it's on other consoles or PC though.

And regarding From Softwares other games, Dark Souls 2, 3 and Sekiro have all been patched to run at 60 fps too so I'd say those are properly optimised as well. At least on current gen consoles.

Last edited:

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Elden Ring runs quite well on the PS5 now. A few frame drops here and there, but nothing to get worked up about. No crashes. No bugs or glitches during my 350 hours or so with it. So I'd say it's optimised pretty well. Not sure how it's on other consoles or PC though.

And regarding From Softwares other games, Dark Souls 2, 3 and Sekiro have all been patched to run at 60 fps too so I'd say those are properly optimised as well. At least on current gen consoles.
350 hours!
Work Hard Mixed Martial Arts GIF by UFC

Needlecrash

Been putting in more time into Elden Ring this week. I'm at the Altus Plateau now, just exploring, Just took out the Magma Wyrm AGAIN (that's the 3rd so far and finished the Shaded Castle) . Loving the art direction of the area a lot.

Gonna get more time in now that this patch is live.

Last edited:

350 hours?! How many playthroughs is that? I’m like 35% through one playthrough and am at 80 hours.

350 hours?! How many playthroughs is that? I’m like 35% through one playthrough and am at 80 hours.
You can do subsequent runs super fast because you go only for stuff necessary for your character build. It’s open world done right in that respect imo.

Most people I know have one ‘main’ with 100% of the map explored then a load of specific builds with super targeted sites of grace activated only.

Mr Hyde

4 playthroughs. I did one character up to finishing NG++ and then I got bored and started over fresh with a new one. And now I'm heading into NG+ with that one (although I'm having a break now from the game).

Tchu-Espresso

likes mayo on everthing and can't dance
I respecced my character to a full on intelligence build. Rennalla's full moon, comet azur, and Moonveil.

I tend to ignore using the buffs because a lot of them aren't explained very well (or at all) and I am generally shit at planning / identifying enemies various weaknesses.

I respecced my character to a full on intelligence build. Rennalla's full moon, comet azur, and Moonveil.

I tend to ignore using the buffs because a lot of them aren't explained very well (or at all) and I am generally shit at planning / identifying enemies various weaknesses.
Buffs are nice to have sometimes but they’re too fiddly to use moment-to-moment imo.

I just generally can’t be bothered with magic in dark souls. I like to up get up close and learn the move sets.

Top Bottom