• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elden Ring Open World Inspired By Fumito Ueda Games And Scotland, Will Include Dynamic Weather And Enemy Systems.

dims

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Whenever this pops up I keep thinking of their Eternal Ring PS2 game. Which is weird since I never even played it.

I doubt it's open world like that rando claims, maybe larger like King's Field but still very much Souls-like in approach rather than a no holds barred completely open field a la BOTW or GTA or whatever people think as "open world", but stranger things have happened.

These days it's almost become a business for randos to yell from the rooftops how they're confirmed insiderzzz to push this or that fake shit as true just because that one time they may have guessed or even really somehow acquired this or that isnignificant in comparison thing. Valve News Network style.

Last edited:

Belmonte

I'm very curious to see how they will do open world!

I imagine it will be more like Dragon's Dogma than Witcher 3. Some big bad ugly monsters, not level scaled. which you have minimal chance to defeat so you will need to plan your route carefully and without GPS.

Last edited:

Bryank75

Banned
Scotland? Well, I'd prefer Ireland but Scotland is at least Celtic!
Can we have voice actors speaking Gaelic? That would be fun...

Last edited:

Great Hair

Banned
"Kill 10 rats", then go to here and bring me 10 hides. Dark Souls + MMORPG/openworld= does not compute.

I fear, we`re about to get something we didn't ask for. Be ready for a surprise ...

Myths

“Dynamic weather and enemy system”

Welcome to the party, I guess. Nothing exactly groundbreaking there that we haven’t already seen. Prove otherwise though.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
here's hoping there are gonna be some sea beasts and lake monsters you can fight underwater. fighting the headless that way in Sekiro was surprisingly fun and unique. im curious to see what they come up with.

Fushitsusha

Banned
here's hoping there are gonna be some sea beasts and lake monsters you can fight underwater. fighting the headless that way in Sekiro was surprisingly fun and unique. im curious to see what they come up with.
While wandering the desolate landscapes of Elden Ring you come upon a horse. It's just what you've been looking for helping with traversal and thus you mount it. Suddenly, the horse gallops to the nearest lake and drowns the player.

Mimic'd.

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
You see that mountain? You can climb it. :messenger_grinning:

Elden Ring is going to be awesome. Breath of the Wild had parts where you’d be walking down a path and suddenly something catches your eye. It looks like you’ve entered a painting. That in no way depicts the awe of venturing off in Dark Souls and stumbling across a new area. I’m just going to take any rumors as a grain of salt.

Last edited:

Holammer

Scotland? Trailer gave me more of a Kalevala/Väinamöinen vibe.
Look at me being a compete hipster snob here

tassletine

There‘s almost no information in that text. It’s creative writing. It’s pretty apparent that DS already owes both Scotland and Udea a fair bit.

Handel

Ueda has always been Miyazaki's biggest inspiration, level designs and minimalistic stories being the main areas of similarity. While I do love the atmosphere of Miyazaki's works, none of those stories/worlds have done much for me as a whole, unlike Ueda's work. Maybe with GRRM's help Miyazaki can surpass the master.

Top Bottom