• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elden Ring provisionally rated as PEGI 16

cormack12

Gold Member
Source: https://gamingroute.com/elden-ring-gets-a-pegi-16-provisional-rating/

When you go to the official Bandai Namco Asia website, it shows that Elden RIng has been rated as PEGI 16 but again, keep in mind that it does not have a page on Pegi.info yet since the rating is just provisional. To ensure that this rating was just added, I visited Wayback Machine, and it did not show any rating previously.

Screenshot-2021-02-20-at-3.46.59-PM.png

Jeff Grubb from VentureBeat has been teasing some Elden Ring News, and he said, “Give me 60” to a fan. It could mean that we might get Elden Ring news in the next 60 days, but again nothing is confirmed yet; even though Jeff Grub has been reliable sometimes in the past, I would like to see an official announcement before getting hyped for anything.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
That's less than Bloodborne and Sekiro, which where +18.

Kinda weird considering the dark fantasy setting it seems to be aiming for based on the art leaks. Those reminded me of Berserk and that's as +18 as it can get.

Last edited:

Bartski

Gold Member
DS, DS2, DS3 and Bloodborne were PEGI16.

Not to confuse that with ESRB, where they were all "M" except "T" rated Dark Souls 2

Last edited:

Perrott

Gold Member
Gameplay Reveal Trailer in March with an August/September 2021 release date. That's my bet.

It would be interesting to see how Bloodborne R fits into From's release calendar for this year. At this point I think it's either May (announcement in a SoP in the coming weeks) or July (announcement at Sony's E3 event).

sublimit

Banned
Gameplay Reveal Trailer in March with an August/September 2021 release date. That's my bet.

It would be interesting to see how Bloodborne R fits into From's release calendar for this year. At this point I think it's either May (announcement in a SoP in the coming weeks) or July (announcement at Sony's E3 event).
How come you're so sure this will happen? :p

Perrott

Gold Member
How come you're so sure this will happen? :p
Because I trust the person who told me about it, a person who discussed this project months before RedTechGaming (who also got the MGS remake right) reported basically the same information a couple of months after and also knew about Demon's Souls being a launch game in advance to the first PS5 event.

sublimit

Banned
Because I trust the person who told me about it, a person who discussed this project months before RedTechGaming (who also got the MGS remake right) reported basically the same information a couple of months after and also knew about Demon's Souls being a launch game in advance to the first PS5 event.
When was that confirmed?

sublimit

Banned
Well in England it is rated PEGI 12+.
Interesting. Is this the same for every game? I stayed in the UK for almost 3 years (10 years ago) and i don't remember any rating differences with the rest of Europe.

Last edited:
Interesting. Is this the same for every game? I stayed in the UK for almost 3 years (10 years ago) and i don't remember any rating differences with the rest of Europe.
Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think that the PEGI rating of the same product can change between the various Country that adhere to the standard. Maybe you are talking about different editions of the title ? Like, a "Game of Year" edition with all the DLCs could have a different rating from the standard edition

sublimit

Banned
Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think that the PEGI rating of the same product can change between the various Country that adhere to the standard. Maybe you are talking about different editions of the title ? Like, a "Game of Year" edition with all the DLCs could have a different rating from the standard edition
To my knowledge everywhere in the world both Demon's Souls and Dark Souls are PEGI16. And looking at my physical copies that applies to both CE as well as regular versions.

It's V4skunk V4skunk who says that it's different in the UK.

Bartski

Gold Member
I mean we are looking at cyberpunk+ delay here right? There hasn't even been any gameplay footage??
I believe so, it was rated for the April release date. All this shows is even if Elden Ring was rated already it tells us very little about how far the release date can be.

Holammer

So, no more "AMAZING CHEST AHEAD" warnings before entering NPC rooms?

This is gamebreaking. BRB, starting a change.org petition.
F91CB9A28C27465367301482444745EF65F0AD0D

I thought I was really funny when I wrote this, then I realized thousands of people probably came up with the exact thing independently.

skit_data

I mean we are looking at cyberpunk+ delay here right? There hasn't even been any gameplay footage??
I dont necessarily think it will be a longer delay than Cyberpunk, afaik From Software doesnt have a habit of releasing tons of gameplay before release. There were also rumors about the game being pretty much finished, being in polishing phase and Phil Spencer said in an interview he had played parts of it!

Last edited:

paypay88

Banned
there is no MGS remake so your info is fake

8bitpill

Gold Member
Don't forget the swamp nerco babies in Demon's Souls Valley of Defilement.

Pretty much all the other very dark stories that came out of the Soulsborne series. I'm sure this will have all of that in Elden Ring.

Don't forget things like RoboCop was marketed to kids in the 80's even though it was a rated R movie. You get to see RoboCop properly shoot a guy in the dick.
Olmv3Qo.gif

Last edited:

johntown

Banned
I have no concerns even if it was rated E for everyone. From has always made great games and I have no doubt this one will be too no matter it is rated.

squarealex

That's less than Bloodborne and Sekiro, which where +18.

Kinda weird considering the dark fantasy setting it seems to be aiming for based on the art leaks. Those reminded me of Berserk and that's as +18 as it can get.
Bloodborn is rated 16+ (Yeah I know, stupid thing)
All Dark Souls is 16+
Demon's Souls Original is 16+ but Remake is 18+

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Bloodborn is rated 16+ (Yeah I know, stupid thing)
All Dark Souls is 16+
Demon's Souls Original is 16+ but Remake is 18+
Sure? I could swear I posted that based on some screencaps of the cover of the box.
Not the best source yeah, so sorry if I was wrong.

Top Bottom