A new leak is suggesting that Elden Ring will be released in April 2020. New details on the combat mechanics and more have been revealed
ExHanzo also provided some interesting details on Elden Ring’s combat system and gameplay mechanics, which feel like a mix between the Souls series and this year’s Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice. Exploration also seems to be influenced by the Zelda series in some ways.
- Most of the combat is built upon the foundation of Souls series.
- The powers you get from the bosses are integrated to combos like the prosthetic in Sekiro but for all weapons.
- Some of those can also be used in the open world to open new path much like in Zelda.
- « FP » bar like is used and it is part of the new burn mechanic. Using these powers burns your arms until they become ashes. Your arms can also be cut by ennemies if burned to a certain degree. You can use mechanical arms as a weaker replacement.
- Limbs are dropped by ennemies but only some can be used as replacement for your arm. Most of the others are rotten or already burned. They can also be offered to « covenants ».
- Resting at specific « altar » fully recovers your arms.
- Stealth-kills allow to recover a bit from the burns.
- Specific skills like crouch, swim, dive, power stance, dash, crafting herbs, magic, dual wield, parry, deflect, climb, hiding in the environnement, faith, drain, roll, super armor, high jump, awareness, knowledge
- Skill trees with different paths.
- The skills attributed depend on your starting class. You obtain some skills during the game depending on your build by using skill points.
- Your arms are a new « mechanic » as well.
- There is a « hand » command.
- You have to sheath your weapon to use the Hand command.
- Grab and launch objects (interrupters, levers, rocks…), push rocks, inspect the walls and manually push blocks by using both the joystick and the grab command.
- No indication to what you can or can’t grab/push. By that I mean no text when you stand in front of a lever to activate it.