• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elder Scrolls Online gameplay leaked

Noshino

Horrifyingly generic and uninteresting. Also does not even take any cues from the Elder Scrolls games in terms of mechanics or world design. There is no reason for this to exist.

But that's basically what TES is all about.

To be a TES it has to have the following:

- Shitty writing
- Janky animations
- Archaic combat system
- Bugs

People will play this because Bethesda knows how to hype games regardless of quality.

Elixist

looks pretty cool for an mmo, good graphics, decent atmosphere, looks like it can be challenging too. i like the action aiming as well, im interested.

Nemesis_

It sure got the janky part of an Elder Scrolls game down.

image.php

You didn't lie though D=

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
i didnt watch the whole video. i dont think it looks that bad. Seems more interesting than Oblivion and Skyrim so theres that i guess. As for combat? It might just be the guy playing. It looks like he was just doing default attacks (little fireball shots) and kept dying. ill reserve judgement on combat until i see more.

I agree, doesn't look that bad for the closed alpha/beta.

Elixist

alot of distaste in this thread. understandable, it doesnt really seem like an elder scrolls game. taken on its own accord it looks imo pretty good. the beginning of most mmo is gonna be pretty slow and boring.

Acorn

Meh, I love elder scrolls but I'm not the least interested in any mmo. Glad it's getting made though, it keeps tacked on multi from one of the last big single player franchises.

Ryuhza

Banned
I still can't get over how ugly the Argonians look in this. I mean, yeah, they're lizards, but every Argonian I've seen in ESO looks like a walking skin rash. Plus the voice acting of that one he encounters in the ship is like something out of a half-assed fan project.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Any guesses how much money they're putting in those this uninspired crap?

This game has been met with overwhelming negative press ever since it's first reveal.
I truly hope the people responsible haven't bet everything on this title being a success. I feel a TORtanic style flop coming.

MJLord

I thought it looked alright.

In the brief glimpses of the graphics screens the settings were turned down. I still thought the world looked interesting enough to explore though.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
It's my understanding from what was said on a recent podcast that this tutorial/entry level area is still being extremely unfinished. This is pretty much what I expected though.

I must be crazy for thinking this looks pretty good for a MMORPG. If they build on some of the features in the ES series so that they're compatible with online gameplay, then I'm totally in.

Seems like they would have saved an ass load of money by simply allowing multiple people to play together in Skyrim.

I'm sure there's a mod for that though.

was thinking it looked allright, just the player was horse shit.

also no console version means no buy for me, my misses and kids wont let me near pc.. fucking facebook clowns.

SparkTR

Eh, it didn't look bad as far as MMOs go, definitely more appealing than TOR. I'm hoping future sandbox MMOs like Everquest Next and WoD can change things up a bit.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
This looks like a mod on top of Age of Conan (if that's possible).

ChaoticPotion

Neo Member
This is pretty bad and nothing special; though I did expect that. There is no reason to play this over the majority of the established MMO's already out, especially when they probably have tons more content. However, no doubt it will sell trillions of copies just because of the IP.

Eusis

was thinking it looked allright, just the player was horse shit.

also no console version means no buy for me, my misses and kids wont let me near pc.. fucking facebook clowns.
Maybe you'll get lucky and Sony will allow it on PS4. The technical limitations should be more or less ripped away, and it sounds like they're becoming more open than they were with PS3.

Ryuhza

Banned
Maybe you'll get lucky and Sony will allow it on PS4. The technical limitations should be more or less ripped away, and it sounds like they're becoming more open than they were with PS3.

PS3 does have DC Universe Online. Plus... other stuff I'm sure.

Cartman86

Banned
It's amazing how MMO has basically become a genre. In that I don't think that is what we imagined originally. We imagined it would be a modifier to add onto other genres. Pretty much anything that is considered an RPG has to have the same essential quest design, combat, transportation etc. Is this a net code issue? Have no significant advancements been made in that department for almost 10 years now since WoW? Hell it's been 16 years since Ultima Online.

Ryuhza

Banned
It's amazing how MMO has basically become a genre. In that I don't think is what we imagined originally. We imagined it would be a modifier to add onto other genres. Pretty much anything that is considered an RPG has to have the same essential quest design, combat, transportation etc. Is this a net code issue? Have no advancements been made in that department for 10 years now?

No kidding.

I blame WoW

Eusis

It's amazing how MMO has basically become a genre. In that I don't think that is what we imagined originally. We imagined it would be a modifier to add onto other genres. Pretty much anything that is considered an RPG has to have the same essential quest design, combat, transportation etc. Is this a net code issue? Have no advancements been made in that department for 10 years now?
I think it's a killer combo of Everquest and WoW setting standards and the fact they ARE expensive genres to develop. We had alternatives in the past like Ultima Online or EVE, but either their molds didn't catch on (and got altered to fit with other games IIRC) or they are very much a unique niche no one really wants to copy.

Blinck

So is this a sandbox MMO or a theme park one ? Can you walk from one side of the continent to the other without a loading screen in between ? (i'm looking at you...Guild Wars 2...)

Baleoce

This looks dreadful. Awfully generic. I wonder why they're doing this? Granted it's early stages, but still.

Top Bottom