• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elefunk

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Durante said:
"Real" building games of this type (Bridge Builder, Pontifex 1/2 and Armadillo Run) have an optional mode which you can enable while the simulation is running that shows you the current tension of each piece as a color code
Yes. I miss this a bit in Elefunk (which is as real building game as any of those btw, in the way it works internally, and more difficult than BB/Pontifex 1 at least)

Durante

Marconelly said:
which is as real building game as any of those btw, in the way it works internally, and more difficult than BB/Pontifex 1 at least
Well, the greatest thing about all those "real" building games for me were the contests, which together with a level editor enable almost unlimited replayability (I easily played Armadillo Run for more than 100 hours). Compared to that Elefunk with its 20 levels is a nice and fun diversion -- which is easily worth the asking price -- but little more.

GodofWine

Is anyone having the same issue I am, with my best score not displaying on the main menu screen at the bottom where it says "your best score"? Its just blank...

You think its cause I have only done puzzle mode and not time attack? maybe I need both done to fill it in??

Tntnnbltn

GodofWine said:
Is anyone having the same issue I am, with my best score not displaying on the main menu screen at the bottom where it says "your best score"? Its just blank...

You think its cause I have only done puzzle mode and not time attack? maybe I need both done to fill it in??
It's a strange issue where it doesn't register for some reason. I don't know the exact reason, but it has nothing to do with time attack though because it registered on some of my world 4 levels despite having only played 1-1 on time attack.

Maybe that's what today's 1.01 patch is meant to be addressing? I hope so. :(

GodofWine

Tntnnbltn said:
Maybe that's what today's 1.01 patch is meant to be addressing? I hope so. :(

I could see that being it. It stores my best scores, cause when I beat it , at the end of the level it tells me I did...just doesnt show it....1.01 for the fix!!! (hope)

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
played the demo, and really liked it -
if there would only be more lvl`s or an lvl editor ala LBP,
and some kind of assasins trying to overcome a citys defending line and not some fluffy-puffy elephants i would be very happy
but i see myself buying it anyway...

how do you feel about the replayability of this game?
stardust hd had a lot but i dont know if you would go back and replay a lvl witch you already solved!?!
thx

GodofWine

sankt-Antonio said:
how do you feel about the replayability of this game?
stardust hd had a lot but i dont know if you would go back and replay a lvl witch you already solved!?!
thx

You could probably play a level all day trying to use the least amount of girders, so if you are into optimizing the solution, it should be good.

(I have no idea how some people used so few girders on some levels..I build BIG bridges

Jim

The game definitely makes you feel a bit dumb at first, until it clicks (finally getting past Long and Winding Road for me). Then it's really addicting.

BeeDog said:
Alright, mailed one of the devs of Elefunk, and asked whether or not they will patch in trophies or not, and whether or not they will add support for "skip X number levels you can't finish" thingy someone recommended here.

Hah, glad that old email address worked. I spoke with Dave @ 8bit several months ago about the game when it was first announced.

indie85

Banned
I think the difficulty is just right imo, maybe it just needs a more gradual increase in the beginning. Anyway, I really hope we get some extra content for this.

Tntnnbltn said:
4-3 is going to kill you. :(
I didn't find 4-3 that tricky at all, I certainly didn't need to go through any of the hoops you seemed to with random bits of floor suspended in mid air or multiple bits of ropes attached to each other. It's definitely easier than 4-5, which needs you to do a similar task with fewer places to anchor ropes. I agree with the person who suggested swapping 4-4 and 4-3 over though :)

Edit: How in the name of frak did someone manage to do level 1-1 with only 20 girders?

KZObsessed

indie85 said:
anyone else frustrated as hell trying to work out how 3 people managed to do the first level with 20 girders?

I JUST came to post this... I'm about to KILL MYSELF over here!

Anyone... please dear god... have any ideas?

I can do it with 26... but 20?!?

calder

Jim said:
The game definitely makes you feel a bit dumb at first, until it clicks (finally getting past Long and Winding Road for me). Then it's really addicting.

I should give it another shot, I was pretty much ready to give up forever after scuffling through the 3rd or 4th level. The controls are just not clicking for me (I *constantly* change pieces when I want to rotate them) and the camera always makes me feel like I should be seeing more no matter where I set the zoom. I'm just too used to playing Pontifex2 back in the day with a mouse.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
FFObsessed said:
I JUST came to post this... I'm about to KILL MYSELF over here!

Anyone... please dear god... have any ideas?

I can do it with 26... but 20?!?
I have noticed that it's possible to build constructions that have one empty space in the floor, and elephants will still walk across. I've noticed this on the very last level. Before I figured out how to finish it with no holes in the floor, I completed that level with two single-piece holes in the floor spaced apart by a few floor elements.

Maybe that trick can be used to finish the first level with less pieces than it normally seems possible.

lorddct

GodofWine said:
I could see that being it. It stores my best scores, cause when I beat it , at the end of the level it tells me I did...just doesnt show it....1.01 for the fix!!! (hope)

I have the same problem. Though it looks like the patch doesn't fix it :(.

Top Bottom