• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elite Dangerous: Horizons |OT| Just scratching the surface

dumbo

Forcing multiplayer to experience content should never be a thing. Hopefully more new anti Thargoid weapons and such become available eventually to enable players to possibly solo these guys, at a minimum these "scout" Thargoids. I'm sure bigger and badder ones are coming yet, those can be the "multiplayer only" content.

AFAIK:
- the thargoids being destroyed are 'cyclop variants' (and I think they are described as ?interceptors?). These currently seem to require a group to take down.
- a smaller thargoid, identified as a scout, has recently been found at a crash site and is about the size of an eagle. [ https://imgur.com/gallery/yZG7F ]

But it may be that future Thargoid 'interactions' include friendly ships - which might make things a bit easier.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Now imagine how much more fun and accessible 2.4 content would be with AI wingmen that you could hire and outfit.

I'm torn you know, like if you ask me 2.4 is an awful patch so far. I'm kind of glad that there is a dedicated activity you need a wing for because the game needs to justify it's online nature. Unfortunately because this game has so far encouraged mostly solo play I think few people even have wings to fly in to experience literally the only meaningful content added in 2.4.

There is this feeling 2.4 gives where it's actually gonna roll out all of it's stuff over a few months which is fucking awful for a game that's desperate for stuff to do. All I've done since the patch dropped is logged in, fit an imperial courier for AX modules, realized all of my friends still hadn't updated. Waited for them to update, waited for them to fit their ships which required them selecting a ship to use, going to corilois and working out a build, and flying to get the modules.

Only once that was done did we get to attempt to go thargoid hunting, but getting there took more waiting since it was like ~25 jumps away for our combat ships, so that took like 35 minutes of jumping. One of my friends took his shuttle and requested his ship move to maia which meant waiting for almost 1.5 hours. By the time we got to actually doing what we wanted to do it was like almost 3 hours later and I had to go out of the house to take care of stuff.

Patch 2.4 highlights sooo many of the problems I have with this game.

The fact that taking on a thargoid interceptor is like a properly designed encounter with things to watch for, specific things to target, and essentially a multistage boss fight is a fantastic idea and it looks like so much fun to do. BUT GOD DAMN FDEV WHY DO YOU HAVE TO MAKE IT SO HARD TO ENJOY YOUR GAME!

Burny

All I've done since the patch dropped is logged in, fit an imperial courier for AX modules, realized all of my friends still hadn't updated. Waited for them to update, waited for them to fit their ships which required them selecting a ship to use, going to corilois and working out a build, and flying to get the modules.

I imagine the immersion people are in heaven. No slobbering CoD instant gratification kiddy is ever going to touch their game with a ten foot pole. And nobody who's looking for a competently designed coop PvE playing experience with friends either. They however can revel in all the immersive sumulation aspects of how to make the most overconvoluted MMO ish direct ship control space arcade game in existence.

Meanwhile I'm slowly progressing with my HOTAS mount:

img_20170929_075627_kxuzys.jpg

After testing it at riding out the Quince grind for a bit just before 2.4 dropped, it's not quite as finished as I'd thought it'd be at this point. I'll slightly change the fixation of the vertical profiles and put a plate with a mouse pad on top.

///PATRIOT

Banned
Man, waiting 15 min for a mission objective to spawn around planets its souring my experience with this game, I am getting tired of this, it happens half the time.

Do you guys just sit there doing nothing until these things spawn?

MarionCB

Has anyone managed to grab tissue samples with the research limpets? It didn't work for me. I harrassed a Thargoid for 20 minutes and four times I got a limpet to attach, fully extract and then come back for retrieval to my open cargo scoop but I simply got nothing for it. No material, no cargo. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. I could only get it down to 80% with four AX missile launchers too, before it would regenerate completely. It's been simply impossible to get a wing together; there are never enough people on at the same time who want to do it.

All a bit disappointing so far. I hope it gets better than this.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Patch 2.4 highlights sooo many of the problems I have with this game.

The fact that taking on a thargoid interceptor is like a properly designed encounter with things to watch for, specific things to target, and essentially a multistage boss fight is a fantastic idea and it looks like so much fun to do. BUT GOD DAMN FDEV WHY DO YOU HAVE TO MAKE IT SO HARD TO ENJOY YOUR GAME!

Yep. You need to fly in a wing of combat ships to enjoy the 2.4 content so far, and if you can't do that then 2.4 really doesn't have anything for you. I tried to solo a Thargoid in my FDL, I don't think it's possible yet, if it even ever will be. And fixed missiles means you have to be really good at combat to even try, which I'm not. The improved route plotter is a nice QoL but not much else came with 2.4 for the non-combat players.

I'm hopeful that 3.0 in 2018 will be better.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Yep. You need to fly in a wing of combat ships to enjoy the 2.4 content so far, and if you can't do that then 2.4 really doesn't have anything for you. I tried to solo a Thargoid in my FDL, I don't think it's possible yet, if it even ever will be. And fixed missiles means you have to be really good at combat to even try, which I'm not. The improved route plotter is a nice QoL but not much else came with 2.4 for the non-combat players.

I'm hopeful that 3.0 in 2018 will be better.

Apparently it's actually possible if you got a god roll on G5 DD thrusters and you make your ship as light as possible while having great defenses for the unavoidable damage....essentially abusing engineers to the absolute max.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=az_nzY5i04k

But you also need to be like a much better pilot than I am, you need to have insane aim with the dumbfires while flying backwards. It looks like you need to be able to sustain about 400m/s unboosted in order to be able to stay out of the thargoid's effective range. Essentially you need to be able to "speed tank". I keep thinking it would have been cool if the interceptors were designed to be able to be killed 1v1 and they later added more ships that required wings. Because as it is fighting thargoids is going to be something I don't think many people will experience, which is a shame if that's by design

But yeah I'm hoping that 2.4 continues rolling out stuff throughout it's lifetime because if this is it then wow, that'd be embarrassing.

I'm nowhere near the Pleiades, so no alien action for me. The new patch has been a mixed bag for me; I'm mainly mining and the new ability to synthesise limpets is handy, but the refinery interface has been broken. More often than not I can't vent unwanted materials from the hopper, I'm forced to refine them and vent from one of the refinery bins. Frustrating.

MarionCB

But yeah I'm hoping that 2.4 continues rolling out stuff throughout it's lifetime because if this is it then wow, that'd be embarrassing.

I think they wanted to introduce the Thargoids as being a real overwhelming threat which is slowly contained by better weaponry and modules; they want people to get their asses kicked before being able to fight back as the bubble works together with CGs. It's a miscalculation because it means they are uninteresting after the first couple of encounters (because there's nothing to do) but it would mean this should all get better over time. They should have also introduced smaller Thargoid ships that solo players can take out while having to avoid the larger ones that need a wing.

If they have seriously designed all this for the sliver of the playerbase who are actually able to gather in fully-equipped wings at will to go alien hunting then I don't now what to say.

GeeTeeCee

Welp, I loaded up Elite for the first time since the patch and I got dragged out of hyperspace by a Thargoid ship on the very first jump on my long journey to leave the Maia system.

That is absolutely terrifying when it happens.

DrBo42

I've yet to actually fight the thargoid vessels. Something about the war just doesn't feel right to me. Probably since they're non-violent until provoked. I've just been scanning for data and rescuing escape pods.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Man, waiting 15 min for a mission objective to spawn around planets its souring my experience with this game, I am getting tired of this, it happens half the time.

Do you guys just sit there doing nothing until these things spawn?

I just fly around, practicing my close orbital flight (staying in the blue zone) until the signal spawns. Usually only takes 10-20secs if I'm within reasonable range of the target planet.

Watching some of the encounters and came across this one . Jesus, creepy as hell they just sit there without any illumination and shadow the player ominously.

Edit: fuuck just had this happen to me, uploading a vid.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
So the bottom line is that there are different types of Thargoids, and your experience may differ from other's.

Sounds like a good start! Although I'm not watching any videos. Looking forward to my first encounter once I'm brave enough to head further out. (Or once they come knocking for real, whichever is first!)

Volimar

Oh man, they nerfed the AX missiles to hell. "The Thargoids are adapting" ie "We didn't expect people to be able to take them down so easily". They really don't want to give solo players a shot at destroying Thargoid ships.

DrBo42

Oh man, they nerfed the AX missiles to hell. "The Thargoids are adapting" ie "We didn't expect people to be able to take them down so easily". They really don't want to give solo players a shot at destroying Thargoid ships.
The adapting choice of explanation had me laughing. I guess FD really didn't like solo players being able to kill them or groups having Thargoids on farm.

With the route length expanded, I've decided to take the long march to Colonia, and eventually Sagittarius A*. Only 496 jumps to go, but this is the farthest I've ever been from the bubble. No encounters with Thargoids yet.

StonedRider

I do not understand Frontier decision to make content for wings only. I think, it is less than 1% of their player base. This is not Destiny, ffs.
The only rational explanation is they want us to wait for developing the "story" around the war and wait for more powerful anti-thargoid weapons.

I do not see a point in buying next season in this game if I will not be able to play new content alone. I'm very loyal player (>600 hours) who've spent more than 50 euros just on ship skins, but fuck it!

DrBo42

I do not understand Frontier decision to make content for wings only. I think, it is less than 1% of their player base. This is not Destiny, ffs.
The only rational explanation is they want us to wait for developing the "story" around the war and wait for more powerful anti-thargoid weapons.

I do not see a point in buying next season in this game if I will not be able to play new content alone. I'm very loyal player (>600 hours) who've spent more than 50 euros just on ship skins, but fuck it!

There has been 0 content designed for wings for the entirety of the game's existence. People are going to get salty this one thing is designed as group content? Come on. If anything it needs more.

Yeah, I was about to mention perhaps the reason nobody really does wings is because there's no reason to do wings (outside of RP and self created content).

DrBo42

They could just scale activities so most would be happy but that's way beyond FD's capabilities.
They could do that with the threat rating on the signal source but considering these are meant to be the ultimate enemy in the game thus far, I wouldn't scale it either. Maybe after all the weapons are developed and the war is in the bubble.

SmartBase

They could do that with the threat rating on the signal source but considering these are meant to be the ultimate enemy in the game thus far, I wouldn't scale it either. Maybe after all the weapons are developed and the war is in the bubble.

I meant the kind of scaling that should already be happening in res and conflict sites, different spawn tables and the like for differing amounts of CMDRs and CMDR ranks on top of the site's threat rating. They'd then have rudimentary end game content, finally.

But you're right, we have to wait for the text story and equipment assets to first catch up. It's a fairly clever way of hiding how behind schedule FD is.

StonedRider

There has been 0 content designed for wings for the entirety of the game's existence. People are going to get salty this one thing is designed as group content? Come on. If anything it needs more.

I admit, I look at this from lone player point. We'll see where it goes.

They could just scale activities so most would be happy but that's way beyond FD's capabilities.

That's would be great. I want to do my part in the war, give me something to kill!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QmvEbphF8c

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Yeah, I was about to mention perhaps the reason nobody really does wings is because there's no reason to do wings (outside of RP and self created content).

There is so little benefit to flying in a wing in this game. Outside of thargoids there are like 2 good uses left for wings in the game. Group bounty voucher farming which is still more efficient than multicrew hilariously, and wing vs wing pvp.

It would be awesome if there was like a reason to convoy as trading or passenger ships or if there was a benefit to exploring in a group other than to quell the boredom. Or if you know, just simple things that should have been in the game from day 1 you could share missions and do them together and the wing of players all get paid out?

17 Draconis mission stacking used to be one of my FAVORITE things in the game because flying in a full wing in high intensity conflict zones was just so much fun, you'd have to ask your friends to peel people off you, your friends who havent sunk 600 hours and are flying with lesser ships could still contribute and have a good time as long as you were there to bail them out and it was just a fun time. You went in flew around shot at a bunch of ships and got mad cash payouts.

Mengy

There is so little benefit to flying in a wing in this game. Outside of thargoids there are like 2 good uses left for wings in the game. Group bounty voucher farming which is still more efficient than multicrew hilariously, and wing vs wing pvp.

We use wings on exploration expeditions to get everyone into one instance at meetups. Someone lands at the basecamp, then they wing with someone who is still in supercruise. After winging up they can descend to the planet surface and you are guaranteed to be in the same instance and together. Then we de-wing and wing up with others out in space so they can come down and land. Because of the wonky instancing mechanics you need to do this in order to get large groups of commanders all together, if you don't then half of the group will find themselves all alone even when at the exact coordinates.

It was the only way we could get 50+ commanders all together at Sag A on the DWE. We had to fight the game's networking all the way, kicking and screaming.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
It was the only way we could get 50+ commanders all together at Sag A on the DWE. We had to fight the game's networking all the way, kicking and screaming.

Lol good point so I guess that's another good use for wings, and I guess technically with repair limpets added there is safety in numbers for explorers which is cool.

Burny

Lol good point so I guess that's another good use for wings, and I guess technically with repair limpets added there is safety in numbers for explorers which is cool.

Winging is up a pain, both because of the limitations of the instancing and because of how the game mechanics are crafted to support wings (or not...).. And in case of this particular activity, it requires you to enjoy holding a trigger to scan things and watch the system transition for hours on end.

I'd like them to push cooperative play heavily. For example, every activity in the game ought to acknowledge and support wings and ought to be made scalable from single player to wing. Take a mission alone? Encounters scaled for a single player. Take it as a wing? Encounters - and payouts (would even allow them to disable the woefull full mirrored payout workaround) - scaled for a wing. Shooting things in RES or CZ? Spawn encounters depending on your wing's strength. The most primitive parameter here would simply be the wing's size. But player rank might also be taken into account.

Then there's the actual travelling as a wing. Why the heck is there no ship control "tethering" feature so players can "hook" their ship controls to another player of a Wing and automatically stay in drop-out range and automatically jump (if necessary limiting the controlling player to the lowest common denominator of the Wing's jump range)? Should and could work both in normal flight and supercruise.

The whole game isn't thought through or polished thoroughly like that.

On Saturday, we'll at least hopefully hear what underdeveloped, half baked and polish-free additions will come after 2.4. My lifetime pass is ready and I'm waiting for Frontier to do something competently in terms of PvE. Other than activities for already high end engineered life crushing time waster ships, so it's worth to rally the the handful of people I know who've also bought but long since dropped the game. Here's a hint to Frontier: If we have to watch half a fucking hour of system transitions just so we can meet up ingame or potential payouts are gimped for some pretentious asinine reason (multicrew risk vs. reward bullshit), we're not going to bother...

elyetis

That's the 'simple' thing people have been asking since Wing release like 2.5 year's ago now...
My lifetime pass is ready and I'm waiting for Frontier to do something competently in terms of PvE. Other than activities for already high end engineered life crushing time waster ships, so it's worth to rally the the handful of people I know who've also bought but long since dropped the game. Here's a hint to Frontier: If we have to watch half a fucking hour of system transitions just so we can meet up ingame or potential payouts are gimped for some pretentious asinine reason (multicrew risk vs. reward bullshit), we're not going to bother...
Same situation for me, lifetime pass included.

Burny

That's the 'simple' thing people have been asking since Wing release like 2.5 year's ago now...

The only thing "simple" about it, is the realization that it's needed.

It starts with deciding how things should scale (wing size only? player ranks taken into account? ship "strength" taken into account? what about a wing with some players outside of the instance?). Then it requires reworking their way through the better part of the games's logic. Mission generation, mission "ownership", enemy spawns during missions, enemy spawns during open RES/CZ play, mission rewards (credits, ranks, faction alignment). That's all before the scaling is tested and balanced to work well.

Would honestly not be surprisd if we were looking at upwards of a year's worth of dev work. But hey, the difference between an undercooked feature and a polished one, is time, work and intelligence put into it. There's nearly no mechanic in Elite that I would call polished outside of pretty much immediate ship physics and controls or things like the approach to and landing on stations. :-/

elyetis

The only thing "simple" about it, is the realization that it's needed.

Would honestly not be surprisd if we were looking at upwards of a year's worth of dev work. But hey, the difference between an undercooked feature and a polished one, is time, work and intelligence put into it. There's nearly no mechanic in Elite that I would call polished outside of pretty much immediate ship physics and controls or things like the approach to and landing on stations. :-/
Guess that's true, that being said it could be done in wave, the first step of sharing a mission + payout should already be there, even if some people would cry because it would make more money than soloing them until scaling get there ( it's not like there isn't a new way to get huge amount of money appearing every 6 month until it's patched into oblivion anyway ).
Then you introduce scaling, heck they could start with RES, then work toward doing it for mission too, etc..

Me and my friends didn't stop playing because group experience wasn't perfect, but because there was no step being made to make it better, even at a slow pace.

Heck at some point I was trying to hype some of my friend for multicrew, then they came in with the rank nerf for it's release and it was over before it even began.

Burny

( it's not like there isn't a new way to get huge amount of money appearing every 6 month until it's patched into oblivion anyway )

Funny thing is: If they implemented a form of scaling during mission generation, they'd even have an opportunity to get rid of one of the root causes for these ridiculously over-effective mode-hopping schemes to emerge in the first place while being able to give "high end" players payouts that respected their time. The root cause being that these schemes emerge due to primitive RNG being at the heart of mission generation and un-scaling RNG based piecemeal "delivery boy" missions being such an unattractive, shitty mechanic for higher end players, that any effective scheme makes every other, less effective type of mission obsolete at earning credits, because the scheme's better for everybody's sanity and free time than the actually intended game design.

Why is it that you were able to earn giant amounts of credits for comparatively easily stacked tasks? Because the game relies almost exclusively on a primitive form of RNG for mission generation, that doesn't take player related input into account, other than a player's rank and their relation to a faction. Who would give out dozens of piecemeal missions of the same type to a high ranking pilot in a billion credit ship, entirely forgetting that they already gave the same pilot a dozen of the same missions (edit: that still only filled less than half of what their cargo hold can carry and are therefore a waste of their time and high end ship)?

If they instead limited the missions given by a faction to a player to a single mission per type across all modes, made the mission difficulty and payout scalable (selectable by the player, e.g. selecting whether they want to transport 12 tons of tea to beat famine :)p) or 120 tons) and scaled the payout accordingly, half the mission scheme shenanigans would never occur. Of course, once a scheme is found, everybody and their dog abuses the scheme like there's no tomorrow. After all, pilots in billion credit ships don't appreciate running some 200 "haul 12 tons of something" missions, just so they can earn enough credits for a single rebuy.

That would make a bunch of mission types useless or unfeasible in their current implementation. E.g. how are you supposed to scale a mission where you fly to a planetary base, scan a thing and return to the orbital station to hand it in? Generate a base with 200 things to scan? On the other hand, having multiple of these missions to the same location and having a player scan the same thing over and over and over again has never been anything else but asinine, primitive RNG that made zero sense. No more than hauling twelve tons of tea to combat famine in a system. 20 times in a row. It would work really well for other mission types however. Chose how many ships of a faction you feel up to shooting down. Chose how many tons of cargo you can transport. Chose how many tons of a resource you can mine and deliver for a payout.

But it'd get rid of many an opportunity for Frontier to be completely taken by surprise by an ultra effective mission scheme emerging thanks to their RNG, which they have no hope of thoroughly predicting, testing and polishing before a release. They could far more tightly control mission payouts for players across all ranks, ships and skills and would in all likelihood have to resort less often to delivering harebrained "fixes", one scheme at a time. But it'd make implementing missions more complex and Frontier seems to have often failed to go past the most basic possible implementation of a bullet point feature. Edit: Or to go as far as actually thoroughly and extensively playing a feature they've put into the game themselves under realistic conditions, to see whether it makes sense, is fun or needs more spit and polish.

Heck at some point I was trying to hype some of my friend for multicrew, then they came in with the rank nerf for it's release and it was over before it even began.

Preach it. Was in the same position, especially as they initially announced full symmetric payouts and because of the prospect of not making friends sit through half an hour of shitty loading screens just so we could play together (because space in Elite is big, pretentious and needs linearily scaling real time travel time to cross, otherwise immersion victims could lose their immershun...). But then they decided to screw over multicrew players in terms of payouts, because of their pretentious risk vs. reward spleen. None of us even bothered once 2.3 was released. Pity for the devs who've had to invest much time into creating the feature, but if Frontier fucks up the game design so thoroughly, they don't deserve it. :-/

EDIT: And btw.. Bonus points if Frontier didn't make basic missions appear entirely randomely, but made certain basic mission types available according to the factions and systems economy and state permanently, for as long as the system/faction/etc state lasts. E.g.: A system requiring mined resources. It's entirely plausible that such a system has a constant need for resource X. Instead of making any mission related to mining said resource appear randomely however, only resulting in frustration for anybody who'd like to take such missions, always make the mission available at the stations. If players could only take one at a time per a faction across all mode, but scale the quantities to their own likings and capabilities (as described above), where would the harm be? If they need to simulate fluctuating need for a certain resource at all, they could make the payouts variable according to system state etc. after all. It'd "only" completely eliminate the need to bloody mode switch to get missions that are worth a shit to the player and it'd be more "immersive" to boot - nobody considers taking entirely randomly spawned "Gimme 12 painite", "kill 5 pirates" missions immersive or realistic I hope?

Example of status quo: You and your three friends really want to participate in a bit of mindless, unstructured pretend space ship pub brawling (aka "War" in Elite) in a wing. Currently you filter the map for a system in "war" state, you go there (watch 10 loading screens) and for maximizing payouts, land at a station and check the mission board whether there are any "massacre" missions worth a shit. There may not be, so you leave and check the next system. After an hour of having no PvE fun whatsoever, you resolve to not waste anymore time on Elite and play something competent instead.

Example of fictional "guaranteed state bound, player scalable missions with wings support and encounter scaling acording to wing strength": You meet up in a system in "war" state, wing up, land at a station, where you already know that there'll be "massacre" missions available, due to the system's state. You take one of the warring factions, chose the number of ships you think you can kill in that evening play session and the mission is given to the whole Wing. As the game knows you're a wing of four "Deadly" and "Dangerous" combat players, the enemy ships spawning in the CZ are heavily engineered big ships or wings of several ships and "Dangerous" or "Elite" pilots, resulting in both, increased risk to take them on, but also increased payouts per kill. You hand in the mission and get comparable rewards as if you'd played the mission alone due to the scaling, but have had fun with friends instead. Everybody gets the minor faction reputation and the superpower reputation as well as any materials that may have been rewarded for the mission. If they wanted to increase the odds, they might even let the mission fail if your whole wing is killed.

The latter sounds like a game I'd actually log into again with friends.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
then there's the actual travelling as a wing. Why the heck is there no ship control "tethering" feature so players can "hook" their ship controls to another player of a Wing and automatically stay in drop-out range and automatically jump (if necessary limiting the controlling player to the lowest common denominator of the Wing's jump range)? Should and could work both in normal flight and supercruise...

Yeah i whole heartedly agree, hilariously there is a feature built into the game where if your wing leader goes into super cruise your FSD spools up as well, but 9/10 times as soon as you go into SC it ends up dropping you back out instantly.

I considered playing this game the other day after a friend linked me to a get rich quick scheme on reddit. Apparently it was dead before he got to the appropriate system. Then I saw an article on Kotaku I think about how Thargoids were vulnerable to some kind of magic missile and now they're not so fuck you if you're late to the party.

Honestly without a get rich quick it's going to be real hard for me to load up the game. There's enough rust mechanically to where I'll probably drop a big fat fully loaded Anaconda rebuy or two just getting back in the swing of things.

Just looking at the 2.4 patch notes isn't doing a lot for me. Some quality of life stuff that looks nice, some bug fixes, some fuck you no more easy money for you assholes changes to missions. And a whole lot of "mystery". Zzzzz.

This *should* be my favorite game but I'm still finding no reason to play it.

Mengy

Yep, join the club. Update 2.2 killed exploration for me, I've not played in over three months now. Well I have played a bit since 2.4 just to check out the improved route plotter and improved mission boards, but now the mission boards are nerfed back to what they used to be so eh. And the Thargoid stuff seems to all be wing combat content so far. Unless you love doing CG's, which I've done so many of before. Not really rousing new content for the new patch.

Tomorrow is the Frontier Expo and they keep saying they have great info to share and new things to show concerning the core updates coming next year. I feel like if tomorrow disappoints me I may not be playing any Elite for a very long time, if ever again. I've waited three years to see exploration get some development, but I'm about done with the waiting.

I feel the same way at times.

For me it's the amount of time required as I don't have a whole lot of time to play.

Any time I play elite I normally have to break it into multiple play sessions. Say I want to do a given activity like a CG or something I see on Reddit.

Play session #1 is the preparing play session where I go to wherever I need to be, get the right ship there, outfitted etc... By the time I do that I've usually run out of time to actually do the activity I originally wanted to do.

Play session #2 is where I actually do the activity I wanted to do in the first place.

If I'm lucky these two play sessions will be within a few days of each other.

It's one of the reasons I despise the "mah immurshun" crowd so much. If I could do instant ship transfer or some other gameplay benefiting things it would make playing so much easier for me. Instead, I have to deal with it.

I use to have more time for this game, hell I flew to Beagle Point pre-engineers and it took a long time to do and I did enjoy it but some times I just want to jump in and being able to play without all the hassle of setting it up or getting there.

Burny

It's one of the reasons I despise the "mah immurshun" crowd so much. If I could do instant ship transfer or some other gameplay benefiting things it would make playing so much easier for me. Instead, I have to deal with it.

You filthy instant gratification kiddy, you! Go, play CoD or something that suits your attention span, so you can vent off your ADHD! Leave the elaborate complex games to adults.

I really cannot possibly relate to your misgivings of the immersion arseholes.

Quite the clever workaround for experiencing the competent aspects of game design. Still, could be better in two ways: The first step is to not log back in. The second step is to not log in in the first place. :p

Top Bottom