Elizabeth Warren admits she's not a person of color

Oct 9, 2013
May 10, 2009
Warren is going to be answering these question forever. But if she wins the primary and runs for President it will be amazing to see what happens.

Jul 20, 2018
She’s still hedging:

“Tribal citizenship is very different from ancestry”.

So basically, “I am not a Native American, but I have Native American Ancestors.”

Girl you don’t, or rather if you do they are so far removed that it’s less then the average American, making it meaningless.

Just admit you were wrong, or tell us your family lied* to you. Why is that so hard?

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2017
Why is it ok to say “people of color” but not ok to say “colored people”? In fact, why even use the word “color”? It is Jim Crow parlance. Leftists are regressive.

As for Warren, she’s a fraud, an embarrassment and disgusting. Rode the minority status until it got her to the path of the White House then dropped the status. Unforgivable.

May 10, 2009
Why is it ok to say “people of color” but not ok to say “colored people”? In fact, why even use the word “color”? It is Jim Crow parlance. Leftists are regressive.

As for Warren, she’s a fraud, an embarrassment and disgusting. Rode the minority status until it got her to the path of the White House then dropped the status. Unforgivable.
'People of color' sounds softer than 'colored people' since they mean the same thing maybe there is preference for one over the other. That said I don't understand intricacies of English super well.

edit - all of the sudden the spelling of 'color' looks really weird to me

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2018
Texas
Look her up on Google. She got scholarships and jobs claiming minority status. Is she giving that money back?

That's the part she leaves out. Basically now that she lied,decieved and benefitted from claiming minority status and reaped those rewards to get ahead of the line she can afford to admit it was all bullshit. She's a fraud.

Last edited:

Musky_Cheese

Community Liaison
Oct 23, 2016
It is entirely possible that she was told as a child she was Native and she never questioned it. Maybe her mother really did face problems because people thought she wasn’t white... or whatever that story is.

So I don’t find the claim offensive personally.

However her trying to twist and bend the claim since trying to prove her claim is a little agitating.

Feb 27, 2018
Texas
It is entirely possible that she was told as a child she was Native and she never questioned it. Maybe her mother really did face problems because people thought she wasn’t white... or whatever that story is.

However her trying to twist and bend the claim since trying to prove her claim is a little agitating.

That's a cop out. There's ZERO excuse for a politician at her level to continue to perpetuate a bullshit story from her childhood she didnt know to be fact. She played the system. Benefitted from the system. You're essentially giving her a pass. Sounds like she's got more free passes than was due to her in life bcs she lied.

Jan 26, 2009
She made so much of her career and life from claiming to be Native American. Imagine if everyone now did shit like this. Then after they finished education got an awesome career said yeah I’m not oops. Fuck her: people lost jobs over accidentally touching someone but she gets to keep all her shit. The double standards are crazy.

This story will fade so fast probably.

Last edited:

matt404au

Gold Member
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
If she had as much Jewish ancestry as she does Native American she could have served in the 3rd Reich.
In Straya the cut off to receive benefits for Aboriginal ancestry is 1/16th. She’s like 6 generations beyond that. Also, everyone seems to be forgetting that the test wasn’t even conclusive for US Native American ancestry. The ancestor was more likely Peruvian or Mexican, so she has built her career on scholarships received on the basis of historical racial oppression but her one ancestor 6 to 10 generations ago wasn’t even part of the oppressed group she was claiming for. She’s not even 1/1024th US Native American; she’s 0%.

From https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/15/science/elizabeth-warren-native-american.html:

Dr. Bustamante could not say from Ms. Warren’s DNA which tribe her ancestor belonged to. He was able only to compare Ms. Warren’s DNA to that of indigenous people in Peru and Mexico, as well as First Nations people in Canada.

He did not study any Native Americans in the United States, with whom Ms. Warren would presumably be most closely related.

Last edited:

matt404au

Gold Member
Apr 25, 2009
Australia

Who would even confuse her as non-white unless she went out of her way to tell them that?

May 17, 2012
Canada
I don't give a damn what that test says, she has high cheekbones and that is the only test I care about. Her mother had to secretly elope because of those same high cheekbones and the bigotry of the grooms parents towards those of her high cheekbone ilk. This woman is the living embodiment of the American Dream. Someone from low standing with high cheekbones that can now run for president. The first high cheekboned President will be a glorious day.

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2009
She is a complete fraud. If the choice in 2020 is either her or Trump it will sadly be a very easy choice.
My biggest worry is we will see celebrities mentioned more common. I know there has to be a responsible decent person out there to run against trump that is a politician. Problem is they probably will destroyed by me too movement.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Feb 9, 2009
She really destroyed any chances she had at the Presidency by goofing this bad on trying to prove her ancestry.

Look her up on Google. She got scholarships and jobs claiming minority status. Is she giving that money back?
That's the part she leaves out. Basically now that she lied,decieved and benefitted from claiming minority status and reaped those rewards to get ahead of the line she can afford to admit it was all bullshit. She's a fraud.
There's no real evidence that any of this is true. At most Harvard might have used her, among many others, to tout their diversity numbers. No one in charge of hiring has said that she got there because of minority status, many outright saying that it isn't true at all. I don't even know where you are getting the scholarship stuff from.

May 17, 2018
I don't understand how she has to keep answering one question and it is somehow her Achilles heel that is going to stop her?

Trump tells 30 lies a day and somehow people think he is going to win.

Jan 26, 2009
She really destroyed any chances she had at the Presidency by goofing this bad on trying to prove her ancestry.

There's no real evidence that any of this is true. At most Harvard might have used her, among many others, to tout their diversity numbers. No one in charge of hiring has said that she got there because of minority status, many outright saying that it isn't true at all. I don't even know where you are getting the scholarship stuff from.
https://www.politico.com/blogs/burn...rren-harvard-laws-first-woman-of-color-123526

I mean it sure sounds like her career benefitted if the colleges were promoting it at a time they needed to diversify.

Sep 4, 2018
It is entirely possible that she was told as a child she was Native and she never questioned it.
it is a very common thing in the US. my aunt used to tell stories about how we were part Iroquois and it is only recently that we learned she was BS-ing the whole time. there was a family artifact and some older family stories and all kinds of stuff so it's not so clear cut as lying or not. people all over the US definitely romanticize this idea though.

Jan 14, 2015
Connecticut
It's amazing how desperate the right is to defeat Warren on the grounds that she has some minor connection to native American relation in her history and make up some phoney history that she abused this to get where she is in life.

I don't understand how she has to keep answering one question and it is somehow her Achilles heel that is going to stop her?

Trump tells 30 lies a day and somehow people think he is going to win.
Because the right is threatened by people with moral character.

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
She is a complete fraud. If the choice in 2020 is either her or Trump it will sadly be a very easy choice.
She won't make it out of the primaries, I'm convinced of that. Her and Bernie were both hit hard by the newspapers in their respective states, Biden's saying he sees himself as the party's best chance against Trump (essentially slamming Warren), CNN didn't pull any punches while covering the three this weekend... meanwhile, Harris is coasting by under the radar and she stands to gain the most from a party whose base is consumed by identity politics.

Mar 1, 2017
You know, I go to resetera and it's people circle jerking over the AOC dancing video "backlash" and then I come here and it's folks circle jerking about Warren getting caught in a politicians lie

Hopefully if trump lies about his image in some way you guys will hold him to the same standard.

Apr 15, 2018
It's amazing how desperate the right is to defeat Warren on the grounds that she has some minor connection to native American relation in her history and make up some phoney history that she abused this to get where she is in life.

Because the right is threatened by people with moral character.
"Moral character" 😂

The woman took a DNA test that proved she lied..."Moral Character"

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2015
Connecticut
You know, I go to resetera and it's people circle jerking over the AOC dancing video "backlash" and then I come here and it's folks circle jerking about Warren getting caught in a politicians lie

Hopefully if trump lies about his image in some way you guys will hold him to the same standard.
You're asking too much, Trump could walk into a christian hospital and club all the new born babies to death with a mallet and they'd spin it as "well the babies had it coming, less mouths to feed".

"Moral character" 😂

The woman took a DNA test that proved she lied..."Moral Character"
I'm sorry what?

https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/po...rican-issue/YEUaGzsefB0gPBe2AbmSVO/story.html

Senator Elizabeth Warren has released a DNA test that provides “strong evidence’’ she had a Native American in her family tree dating back 6 to 10 generations, an unprecedented move by one of the top possible contenders for the 2020 Democratic nomination for president.
https://nypost.com/2019/01/06/elizabeth-warren-defends-her-dna-test-i-am-not-a-person-of-color/

The Massachusetts Democrat has previously addressed the backlash to the DNA test results she released in October that showed “strong evidence” she had a Native American ancestor — six to ten generations ago.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/wa...merican-heritage-firing-back-at-trump-attacks

The results, as shared with The Boston Globe, reportedly reveal “strong evidence” the Massachusetts senator had a Native American ancestor dating back six to 10 generations.
Try again.

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2018
https://www.politico.com/blogs/burn...rren-harvard-laws-first-woman-of-color-123526

I mean it sure sounds like her career benefitted if the colleges were promoting it at a time they needed to diversify.
honestly, to me it sounds like the colleges were benefiting more than she was. i didn't read anything in that article that amounts to evidence she got jobs/benefits due to this claim.

to be clear, i'm not saying it wasn't a shitty claim for her to make, it just doesn't seem like she got direct benefits for it.