Elizabeth Warren apologizes again after picture of her State Bar card surfaces listing "American Indian" as race

matt404au

Gold Member
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
So while I believe this is silly on its own given the ratio of Native Indian she is (and how she effectively, in this way, "cheats the system") is this not an example of burrowing through someone's past? Or, doxxing, as they call it.
Not really. She has broadcast her “heritage” publicly and has used it to gain advantages through AA.

Sep 4, 2018
it just sucks that she isn't doing anything for Native American causes. if that were the case, none of this would really matter. she has done zero for the cause. why? if she was claiming to be part of them for so many years, why do nothing to help them? it kind of speaks to a lack of character and loyalty.

a genuine apology would include some outreach. ok, your problem is you claimed to be part of these people. why not lend them a hand? you are after all in a major position to do so? but no, it seems like she is focused on defeating Trump, talking about that instead.

"leading the opposition" is not enough. let's see her come to the table with addressing some real Native American concerns. if she refuses to actually reach out to these people who she has profited off of then i don't care what apology she gives.

Last edited:

LMJ

Neo Member
Feb 7, 2019
I think phonepunk nailed it for the most part, it is a great shame Warren hasn't reached out and tried to make a difference given her connections and capability to do so.

Not a fan of her or her politics, but I also don't think she should be hounded forever on this IF she had done anything other than apologize.

Perhaps she was led to believe she WAS of native blood, perhaps she was simply using a system to her advantage dishonestly, the only one who really knows is her, but she DID use that supposed heritage to help her get where she is. Now that she knows the truth, she needs to prove to the American people she's sorry, and I think actions speak louder than words!

Aug 30, 2014
what is this graph suggesting that someone like the Guardian is more neutral is a fucking Joke.... They are as left as Infowars is right
That chart claims the New York Times is neutral. Yeah, maybe if you take a time machine back 30 years and squint sideways at it without actually reading it. Dont get me wrong, they've got a great crossword, but I have to keep one hand holding it down so it doesnt slide off the table.

Woo-Fu

incest on the subway
Jan 2, 2007
While on the one hand I don't see her pulling that crap as any different than Trump avoiding service and taxes, one supposes she should be better than the opposition, especially if she intends to run against him.

Turns out politicians are no different than every other common Joe looking for a loophole.

Draining the swamp won't do much when your politicians are more akin to reptiles than amphibians.

Sep 4, 2018
ok ive done a bit of research. turns out that Warren has sponsored a lot of legislation dealing with native affairs. i searched the congressional website for "Indian Affairs" (because for some stupid reason it is still called that).

searching on Warren's page turns up 43 results for "Indian Affairs" over 4 congressional sessions, averaging 10 bills a year. Bernie for comparison has 45 results, but that is over 13 sessions, only 3 or 4 a year. Kamala Harris has 12 over 2 sessions, 6 a year. Paul Ryan is 2 or 3 a year. Nancy Pelosi has 41 over 12 years, averaging the same amount as Bernie. when looking at the evidence, Warren promotes 3x more NA legislation than her peers, which IMO factors in heavily here and makes it all much less of a big deal for me.

Elizabeth Warren "Indian Affairs" legislation results:
https://www.congress.gov/member/elizabeth-warren/W000817?q={"search":["elizabeth warren","\"indian affairs\""],"within":["\"indian affairs\""]}&searchResultViewType=expanded

Bernie Sanders "Indian Affairs" legislation results:
https://www.congress.gov/member/bernard-sanders/S000033?q={"search":["\"indian affairs\""],"within":["\"indian affairs\""]}&searchResultViewType=expanded

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2015
ok ive done a bit of research. turns out that Warren has sponsored a lot of legislation dealing with native affairs. i searched the congressional website for "Indian Affairs" (because for some stupid reason it is still called that).

searching on Warren's page turns up 43 results for "Indian Affairs" over 4 congressional sessions, averaging 10 bills a year. Bernie for comparison has 45 results, but that is over 13 sessions, only 3 or 4 a year. Kamala Harris has 12 over 2 sessions, 6 a year. Paul Ryan is 2 or 3 a year. Nancy Pelosi has 41 over 12 years, averaging the same amount as Bernie. when looking at the evidence, Warren promotes 3x more NA legislation than her peers, which IMO factors in heavily here and makes it all much less of a big deal for me.

https://www.congress.gov/member/elizabeth-warren/W000817?q={"search":["elizabeth warren","\"indian affairs\""],"within":["\"indian affairs\""]}&searchResultViewType=expanded

https://www.congress.gov/member/bernard-sanders/S000033?q={"search":["\"indian affairs\""],"within":["\"indian affairs\""]}&searchResultViewType=expanded
The issues with Warren isn't because of her record on NA legislation, the accusations are she has lied about being a Native American to gain advantages in multiple sectors and that she has worked with organizations using that card to abuse power she shouldn't have had.

This thread makes it hard to dismiss these allegations given she added NA to her bar card. That makes a lot of the reports more believable although I'm sure some of them are fake.

matt404au

Gold Member
Apr 25, 2009
Australia

Good data for quantity but how’s the quality?