• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ellie vs Abby: Who's Prettier?

Who's prettier? Ellie or Abby?

• Total voters

lock2k

Banned
Western devs wont ever going to do over the top design.

This is as far as they go....
309a.jpg

borderlands-3-gearbox-ceo-claptrap-physical-assault.jpg

And to think these days two or three clowns come here every day and ask "oh, where are you seeing this supposedly ideological agenda where all females are ugly on purpose?". There you have it.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
And to think these days two or three clowns come here every day and ask "oh, where are you seeing this supposedly ideological agenda where all females are ugly on purpose?". There you have it.
I don’t think these designs has anything to do with “agenda” or “SJW”, it has more to the fact western developers just don’t like having over the top design similar to Bayonetta or 2B in their games while Japanese developers do. It matter of different mindset when designing their characters.

As graphics gets more realistic, western devs want to make characters more grounded even on fictional setting, mean while Japanese devs are more interested making their characters appealing as much as possible even with more grounded setting.

Last edited:

lock2k

Banned
I don’t think these designs has anything to do with “agenda” or “SJW”, it has more to the fact western developers just don’t like having over the top design similar to Bayonetta or 2B in their games while Japanese developers do. It matter of different mindset when designing their characters.

As graphics gets more realistic, western devs want to make characters more grounded even on fictional setting, mean while Japanese devs are more interested making their characters appealing and possible even with more grounded setting.
Lara Croft was not designed by Japanese devs, nor were the girls of Mortal Kombat. All of them showed skin in the past and now have been gladly SJWfied.

Beautiful girls are realistic too. I will never buy this reasoning.

Which kind of bleak world are these folks living in where beautiful girls aren't real? I guess I'm living in a fantasy world since I was born.

Danjin44

Beautiful girls are realistic too. I will never buy this reasoning.
You need to understand what most western developer's goal is when it comes to designing the characters and story.....its make them look serious and have gritty setting. I remember when Nier Automata first came and I remember some people saying how they cant take the story seriously because of the characters looking too beautiful, I personally can't never ever understand this mindset but I would imagine thats how most western developers also think.

Last edited:

lock2k

Banned
You need to understand what most western developer's goal is when it comes to designing the characters and story.....its make them look serious and have gritty setting. I remember when Nier Automata first came and I remember some people saying how they cant take the story seriously because of the characters looking too beautiful, I personally can't never ever understand this mindset but I would imagine thats how most western developers also think.
I just think this trend sucks and I wish it would die in a spectacular fire.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Which one is supposed to be Ellen Page?

Danjin44

I just think this trend sucks and I wish it would die in a spectacular fire.
Here is the core of the issue....as long as this mindset of "Sexy design = immature" exist then we never ever going to get sexy design in western games. To me this the bigger issue than "SJW" and "woke", because western developers are disparately trying too hard to make gaming industry as "mature" industry and in "mature" industry there in no room for "sexy design".

Last edited:
I agree with almost none of this.

That is perfectly fine. Even I think some of the women I listed aren’t too bad looking at all or just plain average, but I’m mostly going by the general consensus for these protagonists from gamers. Look at some Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Spider-Man, TLOU2, Outer Worlds, Tomb Raider, Horizon Zero Dawn threads to see some examples of what most people think of the female protagonist’s looks.

Woggleman

Sadie Adler doesn't get enough credit. I had a little crush on her while playing RDR2. She might be a strong woman but seems like the type to ride or die for a man she genuinely loves.

Paracelsus

Here is the core of the issue....as long as this mindset of "Sexy design = immature" exist then we never ever going to get sexy design in western games. To me this the bigger issue than "SJW" and "woke", because western developers are disparately trying too hard to make gaming industry as "mature" industry and in "mature" industry there in no room for "sexy design".

That's an incomplete truth.
Radical feminists do not like feminine beauty because it reinforces gender stereotypes, and part of it is obvious jealousy, yes.

Practical example: man is barbarian, woman is rogue/assassin. Now man is barbarian and woman is barbarian.
That's how you get to Abby which is Joel with a woman's head model, or just generally why the woke idea of a woman is a woman dressed like a man, with no tits, no ass, no hips, nothing that remembers of a woman beside some vague facial characteristics.
That's how you get to this godawful concoction of ****

sByHJIB.png

Last edited:

Quezacolt

That's an incomplete truth.
Radical feminists do not like feminine beauty because it reinforces gender stereotypes, and part of it is obvious jealousy, yes.

Practical example: man is barbarian, woman is rogue/assassin. Now man is barbarian and woman is barbarian.
That's how you get to Abby which is Joel with a woman's head model, or just generally why the woke idea of a woman is a woman dressed like a man, with no tits, no ass, no hips, nothing that remembers of a woman beside some vague facial characteristics.
That's how you get to this godawful concoction of ****

sByHJIB.png
Who the hell drew that and why isnt that person in jail?

Last edited:

thelastword

Banned
She is at better shape than Dina.

Why is unrealistic that hot women fight but ugly ass slob goblins isn’t?
So if you were taken by the gang in the last chapter from Santa Barbara. You would rather Taylor Swift come save you or Abby? Remember, Taylor would not even make it out of the forests of Seattle, she would probably have been done in by a mosquito there or complaining about how her nail got broken or that her perfume has worn off....

Besides, Ellie nor Abby are slobs........

Jon Neu

Banned
So if you were taken by the gang in the last chapter from Santa Barbara. You would rather Taylor Swift come save you or Abby? Remember, Taylor would not even make it out of the forests of Seattle, she would probably have been done in by a mosquito there or complaining about how her nail got broken or that her perfume has worn off....

Besides, Ellie nor Abby are slobs........

Abby would not exist as she is, Ellie neither.

They are basically unrealistic women with super plot armor.

Renozokii

What does making fun of a specific woman's appearance have to do with hating women? If you make fun of my appearance, would you consider yourself a misandrist?

lmao look at how upset you guys can get when someone calls you on the bullshit. People here get sooo upset about SJW shit, and sooo upset about feminism, and base their entire little bubble on not hating women, just hating certain cultures. But then a guy shits on a female he claims to have had a crush on at one point because of the effects of age on the human body, and calling that out means I hate men somehow. Again, pathetic.

Renozokii

Who the fuck cares about political correctness?
I didn't bring up political correctness bud. I called a dude out for randomly making fun of the appearance of a female just because she got older. It is again, not politically correct to point out that females, like men, age.

Vaelka

Gotta love all of this fan art and even concept art of Ellie and Abby where they're happy.
Especially Ellie and Dina acting like a happy couple.

Meanwhile... In-game......
I saw one of the concept artists for the game who uploaded concept art of Ellie and Dina being happy and listening to music together after the weed dude sex scene and they act like totally different characters lol.
There's such a crazy difference between the fan art people make and the actual game, the fan art is all tumblr styled art and the characters are happy and everything is bright, but in the game everyone is miserable and Ellie is just a complete douchebag.
Did they even play the game xD? Or did they just hear that they were gay and are fetishizing them?
Like you're not even drawing the same characters, even before shit hits the fan Ellie isn't like that at all. Abby at least comes somewhat close and does have happy moments with some characters.
But Ellie is just a miserable asshole even before shit starts.
Meanwhile in the fan art she's all like :D:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D !

Last edited by a moderator:

lock2k

Banned
I didn't bring up political correctness bud. I called a dude out for randomly making fun of the appearance of a female just because she got older. It is again, not politically correct to point out that females, like men, age.

And, again, so what? We all rot. Who the fuck cares? lmao

People can make fun of whatever they want to.

Vaelka

I still remember how in the leaks thread the usual anti anti SJW claimed that the photo comparison of Dina and the real life model was FUD because the real life model had actually small tits like Dina, but she was using “push-up bras”.

The damage control for this game has been spectacular.

But if she had big boobs in the game, how would we be able to respect her?

/s

Edit: Actually, now that I think of it there actually are people who genuinely do have problems with that including on Neogaf too.
Still tho I think that it's fucking stupid.

Last edited by a moderator:

Renozokii

i never talked about his age, wtf are you talking about? she always had that big forehead.

i literally posted a pic of mine in the pic topic with a puppet and a wide open mouth cuck expression in my face and asked for people to do their worst because i'm an adult and i don't get offended by some jokes about my appereance in a vg forum.

and i'm not more pathetic than people who get offended by an innocent joke who hurt literally no one except sensitive white knight like you, she is not gonna fuck you my dude :lollipop_blowing_kiss:
I'm not offended by anything. I'm pointing out how pathetic it is that a forum that spends it's time shitting on anything women. lgbt, or sjw related claims innocent because they don't hate women. But they'll also shit on women for appearance they have no control over. That's pretty much it.

Kuranghi

lmao look at how upset you guys can get when someone calls you on the bullshit. People here get sooo upset about SJW shit, and sooo upset about feminism, and base their entire little bubble on not hating women, just hating certain cultures. But then a guy shits on a female he claims to have had a crush on at one point because of the effects of age on the human body, and calling that out means I hate men somehow. Again, pathetic.

Yes, I am the one getting upset here lol

Please stop assuming things about me, I'm (trying my best) to not do it with you.

GymWolf

Dude again, wtf are you talking about with this age bullshit?

That actress always had a big forehead even in the film juno, i never talked about her age, get away from the whisky bottle my dude before it's too late.

And guess what, people can make jokes even about things they like, you are the one who came out with this hate old women narrative, you are just doing all by yourself, don't get mad when people call your bullshits.

lock2k

Banned
Dude again, wtf are you talking about with this age bullshit?

That actress always had a big forehead even in the film juno, i never talked about her age, get away from the whisky bottle my dude before it's too late.

And guess what, people can make jokes even about things they like, you are the one who came out with this hate old women narrative, you are just doing all by yourself, don't get mad when people call your bullshits.

Guys like him don't understand that humor has no boundaries. You can make fun of whatever you want on earth and if people don't like it, they can go and weep in some corner.

The minute a boundary is set, the humor is gone.

Renozokii

Man, women do that everytime they see a man that's not an 8+.

Except they really don't and you seriously need to get outside sometime. This shit is bordering on incel territory. However ugly you are, I promise there is an uglier guy than you with a girl. You can do it!

Renozokii

So are your comments talking about how Neogaf demeans women. lol

Entire thread of it. This place can be cool for in depth talk about gaming but the women hating is kind of sad. Better moderation could make this place less cringe, but then if not a hub for weebs and just general cringe, I guess this site wouldn't really have a niche anymore. And trust me, I couldn't, if I tried, write a comment as sad as linking a video like that in a weird attempt to look cool and edgy.

lock2k

Banned
Entire thread of it. This place can be cool for in depth talk about gaming but the women hating is kind of sad. Better moderation could make this place less cringe, but then if not a hub for weebs and just general cringe, I guess this site wouldn't really have a niche anymore. And trust me, I couldn't, if I tried, write a comment as sad as linking a video like that in a weird attempt to look cool and edgy.

beta-white-knight-101_o_5320043.jpg

Rikoi

Except they really don't and you seriously need to get outside sometime. This shit is bordering on incel territory. However ugly you are, I promise there is an uglier guy than you with a girl. You can do it!
Damn, you played the INCEL CARD, how will I ever recover from this? Yeah, surely if you use the INCEL word I totally lost the argument. Pathetic.
You are generalizing, so i'm generalizing too.
I'll tell you more, often women won't even compliment 10+ guys, they'll just stay silent because giving a compliment might hurt their ego.
I guess you are not really active on social media.
Are you telling me that women don't shit on men but only men shit on women?

Last edited:
Top Bottom