• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ellie vs Abby: Who's Prettier?

Who's prettier? Ellie or Abby?

• Total voters

JimiNutz

Banned
This is the only time in my life that I have felt the need to look away from a sex scene.

One of the funniest things about that scene is

Owen's face when Abby pins him up against the wall. They start of 'fighting' and Abby just absolutely manhandles him.
She slams him up against the wall and you can see his eyes widen like 'oh shit, this bitch about to rape me".
Gotta be a weird feeling to be outgrappled by your girl one minute and then deep inside her the next.

Jon Neu

Banned
So you're telling me. Taylor Swift should be in this game, taking on all this infected. She has neither the mental fortitude that Ellie has, nor the brute prowess that Abby has to survive.....She wouldn't even last a Mosquito bite in Seattle's Forest...

She is at better shape than Dina.

Why is unrealistic that hot women fight but ugly ass slob goblins isn’t?

Imagine if Abby was actually an A tier both in terms of look and personality. Would you guys liked her then? Personally mayyyybe

Ellie. Abby is an ugly sociopath even her friends know that

Yeah all the good people left and now it's like two or three people and their videos are lucky to get even 1,000 views compared to the two infamous "Playstation Abridged" which racked up nearly 7 million views combined.

For a moment, back in the day, I even considered applying even though I have no real background in games journalism at all.
simonmiller still going strong on his own channel, and jim burns and burns have there own youtube and they do advertising https://specialgunproductions.com/ podcasts are fun on there, and dave is PR for some indy companies now.

Kamina

Golden Boy
EbTa0wcXkAAJWjo.jpg
Was Greenpeace complaining, or why did Calvin Klein decide to replace women with whales in their marketing?

Who is Ellie based on? Wasn't it Ellen Page?
Appearently not, judging from the recent picture of Ellen Page posted in this thread. :lollipop_astonished:

Last edited:

nkarafo

First page in this thread had me laughing, thanks.

Anyway, Abby's face looks very pretty in the OP pic. In most other situations she looks like it's ma'am.

Ok, I've been desperately searching a "sexy game girls" thread, but all I find are from before the Resetera-split and locked - Could someone make a new one? I really need to bleach my eyes with some sexy goodness after going through this thread ...

I truly think the vast majority of Western developers are afraid of creating beautiful characters in order to make real people feel better about themselves and to eliminate the dreaded, “male gaze”. Some are probably even incapable of creating beautiful characters as well. The hypocritical part is, seems like they don’t have a problem casting beautiful actresses in movies and TV shows though. Let’s make her look a little more masculine in the comic book or game, but make sure you get a drop dead gorgeous actress to play her in the live action movie. What? At least be consistent.

Last edited:
I think Dina's actress and Abby's face model are pretty, cute and hot.

It's a shame they put all that effort on make their characters uglier and unattractive. I don't get why these SJW see attractive, feminine or likable women as a problem.

I think one of the reasons is because they see attractive females as a threat and they want everyone to look just like them, totally average or even just plain ugly. They feel that sexy women and nice feminine bodies are unrealistic and sexist which is moronic because females come in all shapes and sizes in real life.

BluRayHiDef

Banned
I think one of the reasons is because they see attractive females as a threat and they want everyone to look just like them, totally average or even just plain ugly. They feel that sexy women and nice feminine bodies are unrealistic and sexist which is moronic because females come in all shapes and sizes in real life.

Conjecture. Show examples of other Western games with unattractive female protagonists.

Jon Neu

Banned

It’s all about envy and the evil male gaze. They can’t stand that men look at hot women because that is sexist, that is a sin in the new puritanical religion.

So they have to make ugly slob dressed women who are “strong” and “independent” and need no men.

Eiknarf

Joceylyn Mettler.

20200626-112330-descarga-article_2_t-1.jpg

shes a beauty for sure

19030907_640x640
See? They made Abby look like the actress voicing her

But Ellie looks NOTHING like the voice actress. I know ND claims they modeled Ellie after the voice actress, but they’re lying. Ellie’s likeness was modeled after a young Ellen Page (from Hard Candy) in the first game, but they got called out for it and tried to change and steer Ellie’s appearance away from Ellen Page in TLOU2

Last edited:

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Attraction to sexually mature or maturing teenagers (typically fifteen to nineteen years old) is referred to as ephebophilia and those who possess this attraction are referred to as ephebophiles. However, Ellie as depicted in The Last of Us Part I is only fourteen and is neither sexually mature nor maturing, hence sexual attraction to her as she is depicted in that game is pedophilia.
I'm okay with sticking with pedophile for those who like 16 year olds.

Last edited:

BluRayHiDef

Banned
See? They made Abby look like the actress voicing her

But Ellie looks NOTHING like the voice actress. I know ND claims they modeled Ellie after the voice actress, but they’re lying. Ellie’s likeness was modeled after a young Ellen Page (from Hard Candy) in the first game, but they got called out for it and tried to change and steer Ellie’s appearance away from Ellen Page in TLOU2

You're a bit mistaken. Abby and Dina are not voiced by the people based on whom their faces are modeled; they're voiced (and motion captured) by other people. Also, their bodies are modeled based on the bodies of yet other people. So, each of them is a composite of three people: one for their face, one for their body, and one for their voice and motion capture.

Eiknarf

You're a bit mistaken. Abby and Dina are not voiced by the people based on whom their faces are modeled; they're voiced (and motion captured) by other people. Also, their bodies are modeled based on the bodies of yet other people. So, each of them is a composite of three people: one for their face, one for their body, and one for their voice and motion capture.
oh man. Didnt know that - I stand corrected.

GymWolf

The chances of an apocalypse whiping out all the good looking people on Earth are slim, but Ok. I think everybody would enjoy spending time with attractive characters in any game, but that's an impopular opinion these days. At least for female characters.
Apocalypse only wiped out good looking girls because there is a lot of good looking guys in the game. 🕺

GymWolf

Ellie looks like a lot like Hailee Steinfield in this one I think.

i don’t really go crazy over how attractive a video game model is.. cus that’s just like.. not me

both are very detailed models and I think pleasing it you know what I mean. Like they’re nice to look at and play:

That gif gave me life :messenger_smiling_hearts:

yurinka

19030907_640x640

Abby looks pretty normal here. Seems pretty skinny and not all that muscular.
Yes. For Abby they had this actress for the face, another for the body (a body builder I think) and another one for the voice acting. As I remember they said they wanted to make the female characters unattractive to men and trans friendly. Maybe this is why women have basically no boobs, more masculine body proportions and all of their faces seem to be modified to be uglier for hetero men adding more masculine traits and so on.

Which one is the transgendered girl? Is that Abby?
Abby is the blonde one with the huge body builder arms, manly distance between shoulders and manly chest. Many people thought she was trans but Druckmann says she isn't.

What i dont understand is that surely they know men love female power fantasy games. I dont know any women who care for Ripley in Aliens, but every other guy i know loves Sigorney Weaver in it. We are the ones who went and watched Kate Bekinsale in underworld. Women didnt get into vampires until twilight. And while Kate Bekinsale was definitely sexualized, Ripley has a great character design. you arent sure if you want to fuck her or admire her. but you're not repulsed by her design.

Mad Men's furiosa is also a female power fantasy and yet i had zero issues with Charlise Theron's character. She was badass without needing manly biceps and broad shoulders.

Her initial character model was fine. She's fit and looked badass in the Paris Game Show trailer. That's more than enough.
True, they can make badass female action characters like these ones, or even less power badass characters like Jill Valentine or Clair Redfield in Resident Evil and many other from games and movies. There are many female action heroes who are badass and likable while also looking like a normal, not super sexualized woman (I mean not like one from Baywatch or Ivy from Soul Calibur).

Last edited:
Top Bottom