• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ellie vs Abby: Who's Prettier?

Who's prettier? Ellie or Abby?

• Total voters

GymWolf

This is beauty that's more than skin deep.

Plus, she would be fun to arm wrestle. :messenger_bicep:
I can already see the scene in my mind
anigif_sub-buzz-6190-1518445483-5.gif

Last edited:

BluRayHiDef

Banned
She is a little bit muscular, but very thin. Also in that scene they pumped her body artificially for dramatic reasons, in game she is a fucking thin stick.

analisis-video-last-us-parte-ii-1964861.jpg

She is slim but lean; she has negligible amounts of fat and therefore is comprised of mainly muscle.

GZXyqcf.png

GymWolf

"Neogaf isn't anti women, we just hate modern feminism!"

Also Neogaf "Lmao looking at this women that isn't 20 anymore what happened to her face lmao"
Dude it's called a joke, i even had a mini-crush on ellen page when i watched juno many years ago, i like her as an actress.

Gamernyc78

Banned
They took a somewhat attractive/interesting face and shat the bed real hard.

Damn thts her? She's attractive in real life smh. What a bunch of agenda driven pussies. It's disgusting. I'm surprised thy didn't put a dick bulge in between her. For those condoning this as uplifting your movement it's actually a fallacy thinking tht as thy are making a mockery by bending truth.

Last edited:

BluRayHiDef

Banned
Way too graphic?? It's less violent than any finisher in tlou2 but okay i used the spoiler for more sensitive guys...

It's a depiction of a real person suffering a very disturbing injury. On the other hand, The Last of Us Part 2 depicts characters made out of computer graphics that look realistic but not absolutely real.

GymWolf

It's a depiction of a real person suffering a very disturbing injury. On the other hand, The Last of Us Part 2 depicts characters made out of computer graphics that look realistic but not absolutely real.
It's really not more disturbing than some pics of abby and ellie in this very topic but ok:ROFLMAO:

GymWolf

You had a crush until she aged and then you make fun of her looks in a bad photo on an online forum. lmao
Yeah, it's called being a dude who doesn't give a fuck about being politically correct in a fucking vg forum when he has a good joke in mind.

Return to reeee or wherever you come from if jokes about people appareance disturb you that much :lollipop_blowing_kiss:

Last edited:

BluRayHiDef

Banned
I still remember how in the leaks thread the usual anti anti SJW claimed that the photo comparison of Dina and the real life model was FUD because the real life model had actually small tits like Dina, but she was using “push-up bras”.

The damage control for this game has been spectacular.

Well, it could be argued that Dina wears sports bras, which compress boobs and subsequently hide their size. In fact, there's a video of Dina's real-life counterpart wearing a sports bra and appearing to be as small-chested as Dina. Go to 3:43.

Last edited:

Eiknarf

You're a bit mistaken. Abby and Dina are not voiced by the people based on whom their faces are modeled; they're voiced (and motion captured) by other people. Also, their bodies are modeled based on the bodies of yet other people. So, each of them is a composite of three people: one for their face, one for their body, and one for their voice and motion capture.

But wait!!
The Dina in the game looks like she has the body, face and voice (complete likeness) of one actress..

Is it that Abby is a mix of someone’s body, someone else’s face, and someone else’s voice?

Last edited:

Renozokii

Yeah, it's called being a dude who doesn't give a fuck about being politically correct in a fucking vg forum when he has a good joke in mind.

Return to reeee or wherever you come from if jokes about people appareance disturb you that much :lollipop_blowing_kiss:

It's not politically correct to point out women age and can have bad photos lmao. You aren't joking, never were. You are just that pathetic.

GymWolf

It's not politically correct to point out women age and can have bad photos lmao. You aren't joking, never were. You are just that pathetic.
i never talked about his age, wtf are you talking about? she always had that big forehead.

i literally posted a pic of mine in the pic topic with a puppet and a wide open mouth cuck expression in my face and asked for people to do their worst because i'm an adult and i don't get offended by some jokes about my appereance in a vg forum.

and i'm not more pathetic than people who get offended by an innocent joke who hurt literally no one except sensitive white knight like you, she is not gonna fuck you my dude :lollipop_blowing_kiss:

Last edited:

BluRayHiDef

Banned
But wait!!
The Dina in the game looks like she has the body, face and voice (complete likeness) of one actress..

Is it that Abby is a mix of someone’s body, someone else’s face, and someone else’s voice?

Both characters are a mixture of multiple people: one for the face, one for the body, and one for the voice and motion capture. Dina's face is based on that of Cascina Caradonna, her body is seemingly based on that of someone else (since her bust isn't as large as Ms. Caradonna's) or is at least a modification of Caradonna's body, and she is voiced by Shannon Woodward.

GymWolf

Both characters are a mixture of multiple people: one for the face, one for the body, and one for the voice and motion capture. Dina's face is based on that of Cascina Caradonna, her body is seemingly based on that of someone else (since her bust isn't as large as Ms. Caradonna's) or is at least a modification of Caradonna's body, and she is voiced by Shannon Woodward.
0000714780.jpg

Conjecture. Show examples of other Western games with unattractive female protagonists.

Mass Effect Andromeda
Outer World
Spider-Man?
Dishonored
Dishonored 2
Dragon Age inquisition
Remnant Ashes
Division 1
Division 2
Elder Scrolls

Everyone hates Aloy from Horizon Dawn.

People complained about Kat from Gears of War 5. Personally I think she looks fine.

People complained about Wolfenstein’s two female protagonists.

People complain about Control’s protagonist, especially her big chin.

Mortal Kombat 11 gets ALOT of hate for its female characters. I think their most of their faces are fine, but developers admitted to purposely toning down their sex appealX.

TLOU2 is getting ALOT of hate for its females. They are fine to me as well, but they are getting wrecked by literally everyone especially Abby.

People hated on Uncharted: LL saying Chloe looks worst than the previous installments and Nadine is kind of masculine. I thought Chloe was very attractive though.

Most people don’t like the new, less feminine Lara Croft as well. Shorts are now apparently inappropriate.

Pretty much any Western game with a character creation mode now.

Also remember, Japanese developers were asked tontine down on Claire’s beauty for the Western audience. She was supposed to look more Bayonetta-like whatever that means.

Plenty of gamers even called Jill from RE3: Remake “manly” or less attractive compared to the old version. I think she looks good in RE3: R, but what are the chances the RE3classic outfit was toned down or censored?

Why can’t Western developers make some strong, feminine characters like 2B, Nina Williams or Bayonetta? It’s because they don’t want to.

Last edited:

Keihart

She is a little bit muscular, but very thin. Also in that scene they pumped her body artificially for dramatic reasons, in game she is a fucking thin stick.

analisis-video-last-us-parte-ii-1964861.jpg
Ellie it's not the same during the whole game, in some parts she has more fat in her face cheeks for example. It changes depending on the period. This it's true for all characters that we get to see for long periods even Abby can be seen growing muscles through time. Just as you see Ellie losing weight with comments like that she should eat more or Abby commenting how much she benched yesterday for example.

Kuranghi

"Neogaf isn't anti women, we just hate modern feminism!"

Also Neogaf "Lmao looking at this women that isn't 20 anymore what happened to her face lmao"

What does making fun of a specific woman's appearance have to do with hating women? If you make fun of my appearance, would you consider yourself a misandrist?

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Mass Effect Andromeda
Outer World
Spider-Man?
Dishonored
Dishonored 2
Dragon Age inquisition
Remnant Ashes
Division 1
Division 2
Elder Scrolls

Everyone hates Aloy from Horizon Dawn.

People complained about Kat from Gears of War 5. Personally I think she looks fine.

People complained about Wolfenstein’s two female protagonists.

People complain about Control’s protagonist, especially her big chin.

Mortal Kombat 11 gets ALOT of hate for its female characters. I think their most of their faces are fine, but developers admitted to purposely toning down their sex appealX.

TLOU2 is getting ALOT of hate for its females. They are fine to me as well, but they are getting wrecked by literally everyone especially Abby.

People hated on Uncharted: LL saying Chloe looks worst than the previous installments and Nadine is kind of masculine. I thought Chloe was very attractive though.

Most people don’t like the new, less feminine Lara Croft as well. Shorts are now apparently inappropriate.

Pretty much any Western game with a character creation mode now.

Also remember, Japanese developers were asked tontine down on Claire’s beauty for the Western audience. She was supposed to look more Bayonetta-like whatever that means.

Plenty of gamers even called Jill from RE3: Remake “manly” or less attractive compared to the old version. I think she looks good in RE3: R, but what are the chances the RE3classic outfit was toned down or censored?

Why can’t Western developers make some strong, feminine characters like 2B, Nina Williams or Bayonetta? It’s because they don’t want to.
I agree with almost none of this.

carlosrox

Banned
I think they both have attractive faces.

Abby looks pretty good in that pic!

People really like to exaggerate don't they?

Last edited:
Top Bottom