• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elon’s Twitter Carnival of Stupidity (No Politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
He’s lost over 100 billion, and is now second, with a drop to third distinctly possible, given the ongoing share sell off.

excited ralph wiggum GIF

Oh my god please stop

I mean for real

How many dozens of millions will it take?

Last edited:

Thaedolus

Gold Member

Try to imagine a cringe so hard all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.

Anyway this saga continues to deliver the lulz. The banning links to other platforms and then rescinding the policy hours later is just another indication that this thing really could be dead soon.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Try to imagine a cringe so hard all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.

Anyway this saga continues to deliver the lulz. The banning links to other platforms and then rescinding the policy hours later is just another indication that this thing really could be dead soon.

Why cringe? Lex seems like a good guy and he's definitely sufficiently credentialed to be of technical service on the engineering side.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
The skillset of being a successful CEO goes beyond being a good guy geek.

Still disagree about it being cringe, especially as I'm of the opinion that what makes for a successful CEO is frequently antithetical to being pro-social and humanitarian.

nemiroff

Gold Member
The poll should've been officially closed a few hours ago. So now I guess we're waiting for Musk to announce his resignation.

Last edited:

Thaedolus

Gold Member
The poll should've been officially closed a few hours ago. So now I guess we're waiting for Musk to announce his resignation.
Vox populi, vox dei*

*incoming “lol you bots sure now how to vote we’ll have to try this again filtering for bot activity oh look the people still want me…”

Thaedolus

Gold Member
He needs to spend less time on twitter and more time making sure the Cybertruck ships someday.
My buddy was all in on that until recently and ended up cancelling his spot in line and getting a refund.

The Musk star dimming is definitely having an effect on the other entities. But at least SpaceX seemingly is still rocking and rolling

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Either way he will claim he did what he meant to do. All Elon fans will wank themselves raw because he is playing 4d chess.

All the poor sods employed by twitter will either get fired or messed around once the new overlord arrives.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
He bought power totally different.
Your point is meant to be ironic, but they literally have created an ideology that justifies double standards for billionaires. It's not self-interest when they seek power, because they're thinking 10,000 years into the future with elite brains we can't possibly comprehend (kind of an inherently classist, and anti-democratic idea when you actually look at what they're openly saying) and all their power accumulation is entirely selfless and designed to benefit humanity (try and say that with a straight face).

https://www.salon.com/2022/08/20/un...y-this-suddenly-influential-philosophy-is-so/

Please just enjoy the article if you want and don't get into any politics. It's just describing what "longtermism" is. Not meant to be partisan. There's also a great monologue about it on Breaking Points if you don't want to read.

Last edited:

RAÏSanÏa

Your point is meant to be ironic, but they literally have created an ideology that justifies double standards for billionaires. It's not self-interest when they seek power, because they're thinking 10,000 years into the future with elite brains we can't possibly comprehend (kind of an inherently classist, and anti-democratic idea when you actually look at what they're openly saying) and all their power accumulation is entirely selfless and designed to benefit humanity (try and say that with a straight face).

https://www.salon.com/2022/08/20/un...y-this-suddenly-influential-philosophy-is-so/

Please just enjoy the article if you want and don't get into any politics. It's just describing what "longtermism" is. Not meant to be partisan. There's also a great monologue about it on Breaking Points if you don't want to read.
That does give more context to Musk's fumbling esoteric explanation and niche audience remark during the neuralink presentation a few weeks ago.

Last edited:

Sonik

I gave you the context. Someone literally posted "f*** hitler" and nothing else.

He was triggered by that.

If someone replies to you with "fuck Hitler" to something that has nothing to do with fucking Hitler, the insinuation is that you're a nazi obviously

Context matters

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Eh...feel like it's more likely he'll ignore the poll and come up with excuses.

But it's pretty close to a toss up as he was probably pretty close to bailing anyways due to investor pressure from $TSLA.

PhoenixTank

I have secretly dreamed of buying twitter just to burn it to the ground, so in that respect he is doing a bang up job.
That said, probably best if he steps down from public eye and opts for a Dark Knight Rises level of reclusion at this point tbh.

pramod

Banned
Not surprising given the constant parade of mistakes. He was always going to step down eventually, but I think what they did today really sped that up.

That ridiculous attempt to make sharing links to your profiles on Facebook, Instagram, Mastodon, etc etc a punishable offense after all his talk of free speech was by far the dumbest move they have made so far. It essentially cuts off a SIGNIFICANT portion of its user base off at the knees. Artists, writers, craftsmen, content creators, freelance journalists, etc who use Twitter for advertising and networking. And by extension also drives away the fans of such people. Which pissed off people who already don't like him, but also those who have been supporting him the whole time. It was almost universal backlash. Not to mention it also signals to the competition that their efforts are working and that Twitter is vulnerable.

I have idea what they were thinking with that.

Yeah i agree, while any owner would be annoyed if you were sharing links to another forum and saying "hey this place sucks lets leave", Mastodon etc is so insignificant compared to Twitter, it would be like someone on reeset spamming neogaf links.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I wonder if its time to buy some Tesla shares or if Elon has been exposed as a hack for good. He's clearly clueless about how to run these modern tech firms, and tbh, all those Space Ex failed rocket launches are now looking like Elon pushing his scientists to the brink. This whole working all hours of the night and sleeping at work doesnt work when you are trying to innovate like real scientists and techies at his companies. The nueralink article i read about them killing 500 dogs because he was pushing for faster results is just insane. hope he gets investigated over that.

Even Tesla took forever to improve their manufacturing rates because of his stubborness. Even now, if you crash your Tesla like my brother did, they cant really fix them so you either have to wait 7 months to build you a new car or you take the payout from your insurance and buy a BMW instead.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I wonder if its time to buy some Tesla shares or if Elon has been exposed as a hack for good. He's clearly clueless about how to run these modern tech firms, and tbh, all those Space Ex failed rocket launches are now looking like Elon pushing his scientists to the brink. This whole working all hours of the night and sleeping at work doesnt work when you are trying to innovate like real scientists and techies at his companies. The nueralink article i read about them killing 500 dogs because he was pushing for faster results is just insane. hope he gets investigated over that.

Even Tesla took forever to improve their manufacturing rates because of his stubborness. Even now, if you crash your Tesla like my brother did, they cant really fix them so you either have to wait 7 months to build you a new car or you take the payout from your insurance and buy a BMW instead.
Thunderf00t on youtube basically talks like he's Elizabeth Holmes.*

*this post is not investment advice.

ShadowNate

The man needs to take a minute.

Whatever he's doing with the rushed policies and twitter polls (my God, anyone with even a short lived experience on social media knows what a joke such polls are) is obviously spontaneous or naive at best and, no wonder, it fails spectacularly.

Maybe carefully build or (re)build a council of select people and make more planned decisions or something. Take. your. time. Do it as right as possible.

Or burn the whole thing down. It's been an abused irredeemable hell hole for longer than 5 years.

Either way.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
So did he resign?
He has been silent all day.

And I don't think it will be resignation. It will be a search for a replacement while he sticks around. That or he appoints a interim CEO/board in his place while the search happens and then he just fucks off to Tesla or SpaceX.

Last edited:

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Who is this Lex Fridman guy?

Nevermind, googling (taking my own advice) ...... Would probably be better I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom