• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ELSPA Sales Awards [March 09]

March numbers.

This titles exceeded the particular LTD numbers in March 09.

Code:
[b][u]Silver Award [> 100.000]:[/b][/u]
PS3 - KILLZONE 2  				  	SONY
PSP - THE SIMS 2: PETS 					EA
360 - WWE SMACKDOWN VS RAW 2009 			THQ
NDS - IMAGINE: DREAM WEDDINGS 			 	UBISOFT
WII - CALL OF DUTY: WORLD AT WAR 			ACTIVISION BL.
WII -  CARNIVAL GAMES: MINI GOLF 			TAKE 2
PC  - *DRIVING TEST SUCCESS ALL TESTS 2008/09 	 	FOCUS MULTIMEDIA
WII - SAMBA DE AMIGO 					SEGA
360 - HALO WARS 					MICROSOFT
360 - TIGER WOODS PGA TOUR 09 				EA
NDS - HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL 2: WORK THIS OUT! 		DISNEY
PS3 - RESIDENT EVIL 5 					CAPCOM
360 - RESIDENT EVIL 5 					CAPCOM
360 - DEAD SPACE 					EA
WII - MY FITNESS COACH 					UBISOFT
PS3 - STREET FIGHTER IV 				CAPCOM
PSP - KILLZONE: LIBERATION 				SONY
PSP - CALL OF DUTY: ROADS TO VICTORY 			ACTIVISION BL.
360 - STREET FIGHTER IV 				CAPCOM
PS3 - SINGSTAR PS3 					SONY
WII - BEN 10: PROTECTOR OF THE EARTH 			D3P
PC  - ZOO TYCOON: COMPLETE COLLECTION 			MICROSOFT
PSP - BURNOUT DOMINATOR 				EA
NDS - BUST A MOVE 					505 GAMES
360 - LEGO STAR WARS II: THE ORIGINAL TRILOGY 		LUCASARTS

7x 360
5x WII
4x PS3
4x PSP
3x NDS
2x PC
Code:
[b][u]Gold Award [> 200.000]:[/b][/u]
WII - TIGER WOODS PGA TOUR 09  				EA
NDS - LEGO STAR WARS: THE COMPLETE SAGA 		LUCASARTS
WII - SPORTS ISLAND 					KONAMI
NDS - PUZZLER COLLECTION 				UBISOFT
NDS - LEGO STAR WARS II: THE ORIGINAL TRILOGY 		LUCASARTS
WII - RAYMAN RAVING RABBIDS TV PARTY 			UBISOFT
360 - FIGHT NIGHT ROUND 3 				EA
NDS - CARNIVAL: FUNFAIR GAMES 				TAKE 2
PS3 - KILLZONE 2 					SONY
360 - RESIDENT EVIL 5 					CAPCOM

4x NDS
3x WII
2x 360
1x PS3
Code:
[b][u]Platinum Award [> 300.000]:[/b][/u]
PS3 - METAL GEAR SOLID 4: GUNS OF THE PATRIOTS  	KONAMI
NDS - TOUCHMASTER 					MIDWAY
PS2 - WWE SMACKDOWN VS RAW 2008 			THQ

1x NDS
1x PS2
1x PS3
Code:
[b][u]Double Platinum Award [> 600.000]:[/b][/u]
PS3 - FIFA 09  						EA
NDS - 42 ALL-TIME CLASSICS 				NINTENDO

1x NDS
1x PS3
Code:
[b][u]Diamond Award [> 1.000.000]:[/b][/u]
360 - HALO 3  						MICROSOFT
360 - GRAND THEFT AUTO IV 				TAKE 2

2x 360

test_account

XP-39C²
Ah, finally are the ELSPA Sales Awards for March 09 out, thanks for posting this! :) I wonder what took so long, usually the ELSPA Sales Awards comes out earlier in the month, at least after my experience.

Congratulations to Halo 3 and GTA 4 (for the Xbox 360) to reach 1 million copies sold each! :) A really great preformance i must say. I wonder how many copies GTA 4 for the PS3 has sold in comparison. It is over 600k at least.

gtj1092

Cosmonaut X said:
No sign of Overkill yet - how long was it from release that HotD2+3 charted?

Thats why using chart positions is meaningless especially if a game isn't in the top 5 to 10.

acm2000

what is LBP up to now? considering it costs the same as 2 big mac meals in uk now

edit: platinum it seems, 300k, respectable, if it had stayed full price for longer than 3 weeks, and pretty sure sony wouldve been expecting double that even at full price

Why double up the awards? If KZ2/RE5 both went >200k then why give them a >100k award as well....? Seems silly.

Halo 3 and GTA4 joining the Diamond club, nice going Bungie and Rockstar.

gtj1092 said:
Thats why using chart positions is meaningless especially if a game isn't in the top 5 to 10.

Yes, I’m aware of that - in fact, I pointed out the same thing to someone else in another thread.

sionyboy said:
Why double up the awards? If KZ2/RE5 both went >200k then why give them a >100k award as well....? Seems silly.

Because during this month of sales, they both hit 100k, and then 200k. So they earnt both awards, seems silly for not removing it but why bother.

Goldrusher

GTAIV sales, especially those on PS3, are impressive.

GTAIII: 1 million copies in 62 weeks on PS2 only.
GTAIV: ~1 million copies in 48 weeks, on PS3 and 360 each. (~2 million total)

Goldrusher said:
GTAIV sales, especially those on PS3, are impressive.

GTAIII: 1 million copies in 62 weeks on PS2 only.
GTAIV: ~1 million copies in 48 weeks, on PS3 and 360 each. (~2 million total)

Surely a more appropriate comparison would be to GTA: San Andreas, or GTA: Vice City? GTAIII was a massive seller, but I don't think it exhibited the same explosive, out-the-gates performance of later titles (and GTAIV).

Jonnyram

wotter said:
thx for the charts, finally some sale numbers!

Killzone 2 > 200k in UK alone :D
I think it sold about 210k in March, but it was fifth for the month. If my memory is not failing me, it was Halo Wars > Wii Fit > RE5 360 > RE5 PS3 > KZ2. But that's probably already been posted somewhere on GAF and I'm just wasting my time, as usual.

nli10

Quite a few of those games had recent price drops - wonder if they were gunning for the sales targets (like the £7.99 Halo3!)?

It's great to see the 360 finally get it's big guns into the Million Club (something the original Xbox failed in the UK), PS3 will probably get it the next time some DLC comes out for GTAIV. If more games that have DLC (esp. free) make it higher up the sales charts then we will see more support for games which is great for gamers!

42 all Time Classics is sure taking its time, I'd love to see that in the Million Club too, it's easily the best overall package in Nintnedo's £20 Training Range.

Wonder if ELSPA will ever update the records page?? Think this is in the realm of the subscriber reports now.

Busaiku

Did Samba drop a lot in prince in the UK?
Sure Sega games tend to better there, but that still seems like a pretty good accomplishment.

nli10

markatisu said:
Samba de Amigo got a silver...did not expect that

£10 in GAME at the moment and similar in a few other places. I think SEGA want to get the brand out there and release more in the series.

nli10 said:
£10 in GAME at the moment and similar in a few other places. I think SEGA want to get the brand out there and release more in the series.

Yeah, price is down everywhere. If they do go for a sequel, at least this time it can have M+ support!

nli10

Cosmonaut X said:
Yeah, price is down everywhere. If they do go for a sequel, at least this time it can have M+ support!

Motion Plus and uses the first game as a songs disk would be good, but I'm not sure the Wii has the memory etc. to do that.

Goldrusher

Cosmonaut X said:
Surely a more appropriate comparison would be to GTA: San Andreas, or GTA: Vice City?
No.

GTAIII: first GTA on PS2, which was 1 year old at the time
GTAIV: first GTA on PS3, also 1 year old at the time

But yeah, both pale in comparison to Vice City (8 weeks) and San Andreas (3).

Chumly

gtj1092 said:
Not true

We know what games are selling in the lower positions so its not meaningless at all.

markatisu

nli10 said:
Motion Plus and uses the first game as a songs disk would be good, but I'm not sure the Wii has the memory etc. to do that.

With the SDHC card available that should not be a problem as far as access, you cannot load more than one song at a time anyway and Samba already had DLC

dyls

Goldrusher said:
No.

That's not a very good metric in this case. GTAIII was basically an unknown quantity at its launch, GTA IV was one of the most hyped games of all time.

Goldrusher said:
No.

Or:

GTAIII: first GTA on PS2, first 3D GTA. Pre-massive, massive hype that now surrounds a new main GTA release.
GTAIV: latest in series of 3D GTA games and hyped to high heaven, just like VC and SA.

With that in mind, I would expect GTAIV to lean more toward the VC/SA pattern than the GTAIII pattern.

EDIT:

...and though you've already noted it, it's worth pointing out that GTAIV falls somewhere between the two. It certainly hasn't blasted out of the gate like its immediate predecessors.

spwolf

acm2000 said:
what is LBP up to now? considering it costs the same as 2 big mac meals in uk now

edit: platinum it seems, 300k, respectable, if it had stayed full price for longer than 3 weeks, and pretty sure sony wouldve been expecting double that even at full price

i dont exactly understand what you mean, LBP went over 300k in Feb I believe.

You think Sony expected double of those sales? Let me give you :lol

nli10

spwolf said:
i dont exactly understand what you mean, LBP went over 300k in Feb I believe.

You think Sony expected double of those sales? Let me give you :lol

By Feb? Nope. By the end of the year? Yup.

Platinum by the time the kids start writing their Christmas lists at least.

They are cross marketing the game fantastically, and have floored the price so low you'd think they were doing a Konami and selling the other half of the game as DLC. Shame you have to buy a £300 machine to play it really, otherwise it'd be selling much faster.

Amazed Little Big Planet Stories for PS2 didn't get announced already, a platformer packed with unlockable promo videos of the PS3 game. :D

spwolf

nli10 said:
By Feb? Nope. By the end of the year? Yup.

Platinum by the time the kids start writing their Christmas lists at least.

They are cross marketing the game fantastically, and have floored the price so low you'd think they were doing a Konami and selling the other half of the game as DLC. Shame you have to buy a £300 machine to play it really, otherwise it'd be selling much faster.

Amazed Little Big Planet Stories for PS2 didn't get announced already, a platformer packed with unlockable promo videos of the PS3 game. :D

LBP has longer legs than MGS4 and has outsold it in the UK.

You believe that Sony expected LBP to outsell MGS4? :D

spwolf said:
LBP has longer legs than MGS4 and has outsold it in the UK.

You believe that Sony expected LBP to outsell MGS4? :D
MGS4 probably made more money since it didn't drop in price as fast and hard. Both games are past 300k, so saying LBP has outsold it doesn't mean much.

Top Bottom