• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Emergency Report] Xbox One S Digital to be unveiled tomorrow. [Rumor]

https://www.trustedreviews.com/news...ital-edition-set-revealed-week-report-3696543
German website Winfuture predicts an April 16th reveal for the Xbox One S All Digital Edition with a full release to follow in May.

It will apparently come packaged three blockbuster titles – Forza Horizon 3, Minecraft and Sea of Thieves – already installed on the console, saving you a bit of time with downloads once unboxed if you’re eager to play.
The reported retail price is €229, although nothing formal has been confirmed, and there’s also no word on potential UK pricing.
If this rumour turns out to be true, we can expect a reveal during tomorrow’s Inside Xbox stream, which is often used by Microsoft for exclusive announcements.
The idea of a digital-only console isn’t too far-fetched given Microsoft’s growing focus on subscription services like Xbox Game Pass.

For a monthly price, it provides players with a robust library of titles which includes all new first-party exclusives.

Of course, you can also purchase all other digital titles from the Xbox Live Marketplace, which is often ripe with discounts, free-to-play titles and more goodies.

So if this is true then they will reveal it tomorrow.

Yep, that's about all there is to say.

It's ridiculous how much cheaper XBox is than PS4 in Norway, so I'm wondering how cheap a digital one can go. (Price of release games varies between 499 and 599 nkr, for comparison)

Vo3e5ak.png

And this is between Pro and X (cheapest version of each, and I'm pretty sure I've seen One X even cheaper, like 2995,-):

LxmRrIs.jpg

Why no X? Just why. It would be perfect for a price reduction.

It would be a $50 difference to the regular X at most, the X is expensive hardware. The goal is to have a device that can hit $199 or below quickly, so making that the X would not only make zero sense but would set fire to the bank.

DonF

Interesting. I guess now its the time for an all digital console. I remember I didn't even have wifi when the psp go was launched. Too bad for people with data caps.

Most of my ps4 and switch games are digital and I love the convenience. Also, I tend to buy only on sale, and also get sometimes discount on currencies, so its savings over savings.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
This better not be true considering the news bomb Sony just released this morning.

Last edited:
I thought this would be something to be announced near the holiday seasons, or at E3.

Why would they show the S digital and the new consoles at E3? That shows for the new consoles to take all the thunder. All this console is, is an Xbox One S with no disc drive, no big need for a dramatic reveal.

BunzLee

Hearing about the digital XBOX when Sony is talking about the PS5 makes me feel like Microsoft is, again, two steps behind. On the other hand if this is true, it's a smart move on Sony's part. People will be talking a lot more about a new PS rather than a discless previous gen XBOX.

Hearing about the digital XBOX when Sony is talking about the PS5 makes me feel like Microsoft is, again, two steps behind.

You do realize this is just a regular Inside xbox show and not E3 right? How is announcing a small revision releasing within 2 months "two steps back"?

cryptoadam

Banned
I am so confused, I thought this was announced?

230 Euro's, 3 games including Mincraft, Forza 3, and Sea of Thieves.

Or is that something different or old news? I saw some YT vids about it but nothing on the web.

BunzLee

Seems like the news are out now.

As promised, the console lacks a disc drive and relies entirely on digital purchases and streaming content. Other than that, the console looks and performs exactly like a regular Xbox One S. The bundle comes packed with a white Xbox One S, white controller, and digital copies of Sea of Thieves, Forza Horizon 3, and Minecraft. For storage, players get a 1TB HDD, which is a bit disappointing considering this is a digital-only console. It does come with a 1 month Xbox Live Gold trial, but not a Game Pass subscription. Though, those who purchase the console on launch day can nab three months of Game Pass for $1.

The bundle also comes in at a higher price than expected. Speculation about the price suggested it may have arrived at $199.99. In actuality, the bundle is going to set you back $249.99.

Source: https://www.hardcoregamer.com/2019/04/16/all-digital-xbox-one-s-model-formally-announced/329082/

Afro Republican Afro Republican I might have worded that poorly. What I was trying to say is that the talks about next gen might dampen the enthusiasm about this release, making it appear as already outdated.

Top Bottom