• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Emily Rogers: BOTW2 will release Holiday 2021 (85-90% certain)

cormack12

Gold Member
Hosxf1.jpg

0Ow8CG.jpg

Elysion

Banned
If 2021 is the target, it’s probably gonna get delayed to 2022. Five years between Zelda games (at least the big ones) has been the norm for quite some time now.

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
I got burned with BOTW as I bought a Wii U early specifically for that one game. Im not making the same mistake. I still dont own a switch and will wait unitl BOTW2 is on shelves or near to be on shelves before buying the console and hopefully it will be the Switch 2/Switch Pro/Switch TV version.

Ceadeus

I really do hope for a console revision until then. I just got my hands on Age of calamity and while it's a very fun game, it runs at 20-30 fps .. And I'm generous.

I hope Koei is working on a performance patch of some sort because it looks rough af. But still, very cool game.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
I really do hope for a console revision until then. I just got my hands on Age of calamity and while it's a very fun game, it runs at 20-30 fps .. And I'm generous.

I hope Koei is working on a performance patch of some sort because it looks rough af. But still, very cool game.
well there is meant to be a Switch Pro out next year.

Y'all got short memories, BOTW was delayed so many times after definitely coming out at certain years
no. people remember that.

incase you haven't noticed BOTW2 uses the same characters/world as BOTW so that gives them a huge advantage. they don't need to design and build an entire map. maybe make changes to it but not create it from scratch. they just really need to come up with a new story, map changes, and improved gameplay mechanics etc. it won't take as long for BOTW2 as BOTW.

Last edited:

Bodomism

Banned
Nintendo Switch platform exclusive confirmed lineup for 2021 so far.

1. Super Mario 3D world Deluxe
2. Monster Hunter Rise
3. Bravely Default 2
4. Shin Megami Tensei 5
5. Rune Factory 5
6. Monster Hunter Stories 2
7. Disgaea 6(Western release exclusive)
8. No More Heroes 3

Hudo

Didn't his/her LARPing as "insider" on Twitter already backfire multiple times because he/she was full of shit and got called out?

Last edited:

Arkam

Well since it isnt releasing this holiday season, this is a VERY safe assumption. Glad to see she is still there telling us the near obvious. Damn do I want this game! With a 21 holiday release makes me now actually consider if it will release along side a Pro model.

Last edited:

REDRZA MWS

Won’t matter to me if it’s on the horrible switch. Nintendo, give up your hardware, it’s been ancient and awful for generations. Go 3rd party, there no doubt your games are awesome. They are being held back by ancient hardware.

Moogle11

Banned
Y'all got short memories, BOTW was delayed so many times after definitely coming out at certain years

I’m not holding my breath, no pun intended, but a big difference is the first being a major reworking of the series and creating a huge open world. Where as his is a sequel that can reuse a ton of assets, use the same physics enfine, use the same open world with some weeks and additions etc.

If anything I’d think they may have decided to push it and any Swich Pro or whatever to later 2021 as never seen the Switch sell like crazy this year with little other than Animal Crossing coming out as far as big, new exclusives. They’re making tons of money selling consoles and ports like 3D All Stars and Pikmin 3, and can sit on bigger releases and a Switch revision until they need to boost sales again. That’s always seemed to be Nintendo’s strategy post SNES vs putting out a steady stream of big games to keep hardcore gamers satiated.

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
People are ready for a new mainline Zelda game Hyrule Warriors stands out yes but people are ready

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Are people locked down in Japan like they are in most of the world? Because if so, shit's getting delayed delayed delayed. Particularly with how often Nintendo delays Zelda games after initial release date announcements (and that's when things are going really well).

What’s with this arbitrary numbers crap? Anyone can say this shit. Especially with BOTW2 since we know it’s been in development for a while. Get a real job.

REDRZA MWS

After the huge Switch flop I'm sure they are considering it.
Pardon me, but as a grown ass man who has been gaming his entirw life, I could give a shit about console wars, sales, or any other bullshit metric, I care about how games look and play. Nintendo is at LEAST a generation (most times more) behind. Their great menu games are held back by shit hardware. So unless you own shares in Nintendo stock, why do you give a shit?

Last edited:
Top Bottom