• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Emily Rogers Claims 2020 Will Be A “Great Year” For Nintendo Switch.

Doom85

Hopefully it turns out that way. 2017 was a really solid start for the Switch. 2018 though, the first half was mostly empty, then the second half was mainly just Pokemon Let's Go, Smash 5, and Starlink in the second half. First half of 2019 was pretty much nothing except for Yoshi, but then the second half was crazy packed with Fire Emblem: 3 Houses, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, Astral Chain, Link's Awakening, Daemon x Machina, Luigi's Mansion 3, and Pokemon Sword/Shield. Somehow I feel like 2020 will be the same way, mostly nothing in the first half, but then the second half picks up the pace considerably.

Coolwhhip

Neophyte
To be quite fair, she didn't say anything substantial on purpose. Nintendo Soup is a click-bait site that somehow managed to overblown the tweet out of nothing. Also, she's not happy about it

XiC6rMb.jpg

I work for years to get attention on twitter and now people pay attention to me? Stahp you guyzzzzz

It will be the same as every year for a Nintendo Console

Two AAA first party games.
Seven shitty last-gen ports that run in 480p
Ten thousand indie shovelware turds.
Between Mario Maker 2, Fire Emblem Three Houses, Astral Chain, Link's Awakening, Luigi's Mansion 3, Pokemon Sword and Shield, which are the 2 AAAs?

As for 2020, we already know Animal Crossing, Xenoblade remake, and Rune Factory 5 are coming, and we still haven't got the direct for this year. Maybe they'll drop some Metroid and Bayonetta too.

Last edited:

mcjmetroid

She left Era a long time ago, doesn't want to be affiliated with them. Indeed, she's a great insider, better than Super Metal Dave 64, who now makes a living making youtube videos on why he's right about the switch pro (he's delusional). As for Nintendo Soup, her post was very vague and didn't mention anything with substance. Nintendo Soup is notorious for making Click-Bait articles and blowing things out of proportion, they're as bad as Kotaku
Oh really? Didn't know she left

Top Bottom