• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Emily Rogers Claims 2020 Will Be A “Great Year” For Nintendo Switch.

jts

...hate me...
But you guys still cry like babies for all those PC / Xbox / PS4 games. You still can't answer it. You said Switch owners aren't after the 500 dollar console games and that Switch gamers are after different things(while being very oppressed). But they cry for all those games not on the Switch. So clearly Switch owners are after those games and are willing to settle(at full price) for a lesser / botched / shitty experience. Come on! What are Switch owners(very oppressed) after then?
Bruv I already told I’m talking about hardware, nothing to do with games. Same as console gamers not wanting $2K PC rigs but not minding the games. No one is oppressed. Switch gamers are happy with their situation and more players keep joining the platform, with a whole lot more to come in 2020. I’m just trying to offer some reality, not trying to adjust it to match my beliefs.
Ok. Go play Death Stranding, Bloodborne, Far Cry 5, Modern Warfare, Borderlands 3, Control, Star Wars, Monster Hunter World, GTA V...
Oh wait... None of those are on switch :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Have fun with Wolfenstein 2, Ass Creed, Witcher 3 (hope you played the first 2 but I doubt it), Fartnite, Skyrim, etc.
Ok I will :messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:
Nah seriously though, I don’t own any of those. As ports go, I’d enjoy GTA V the most from what you listed. Wouldn’t mind getting portable TW3, but on sale only.

Murdoch

I can't belive we're still doing the whole 'Switch has no gamez' meme again! You guys 😂

Let me tell you. Even with an Xbox one X and gamespass I still play my Switch 90% more than either offering from Sony and Microsoft. It's not to say the competitions offerings are bad, it's just the switch offers something totally different to the other manufacturers.

If you don't understand the reasons why the console is doing gangbusters (sales wise) and has such dev & user adoration attached to it; then I suppose the console simply isn't for you. If you keep chasing the power (4k,8k experiences) then I don't think you'll ever be satisfied, something more powerful is ALWAYS around the corner. I was the same way when I was balls deep fiddling around with PC's in the late 90's. I'm all about the software and unique experiences these days.

Virex

Banned
Have brap on ignore, so that explains that.
Why would you put him on ignore? He's a nice guy
Bruv I already told I’m talking about hardware, nothing to do with games. Same as console gamers not wanting $2K PC rigs but not minding the games. No one is oppressed. Switch gamers are happy with their situation and more players keep joining the platform, with a whole lot more to come in 2020. I’m just trying to offer some reality, not trying to adjust it to match my beliefs.
Ok I will :messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:
Nah seriously though, I don’t own any of those. As ports go, I’d enjoy GTA V the most from what you listed. Wouldn’t mind getting portable TW3, but on sale only.
But why are they still begging for those games to be put on their hardware if they know it's not likely to come to their hardware and if it does it will be cut down so bad it looks and runs like crap. It just doens't make sense. But common sense to Nintedo Switch hardcore fans is harder than finding testosterone at a Smash Bros. tournament

brap

Banned
But Nintendo soup is hot garbage.
Dip some grilled cheese in it.

You then list Bloodborne and Death Strading, which are Sony-funded console-exclusive games
DS is coming to PC. Bloodborne is playable on PC through PSNow.

malform game names of games on Switch.
Are you upset I typed Fartnite instead of Fortnite?

Have brap on ignore, so that explains that.
Literally slitting my wrists here that some guy with 69 posts over almost 3 years has me on ignore. Big loss for humanity.

I can't belive we're still doing the whole 'Switch has no gamez' meme again! You guys 😂

Let me tell you. Even with an Xbox one X and gamespass I still play my Switch 90% more than either offering from Sony and Microsoft. It's not to say the competitions offerings are bad, it's just the switch offers something totally different to the other manufacturers.

If you don't understand the reasons why the console is doing gangbusters (sales wise) and has such dev & user adoration attached to it; then I suppose the console simply isn't for you. If you keep chasing the power (4k,8k experiences) then I don't think you'll ever be satisfied, something more powerful is ALWAYS around the corner. I was the same way when I was balls deep fiddling around with PC's in the late 90's. I'm all about the software and unique experiences these days.
Yeah that's why people buy a PS4 or Xbox. Just power. Yup.

jts

...hate me...
Why would you put him on ignore? He's a nice guy

But why are they still begging for those games to be put on their hardware if they know it's not likely to come to their hardware and if it does it will be cut down so bad it looks and runs like crap. It just doens't make sense. But common sense to Nintedo Switch hardcore fans is harder than finding testosterone at a Smash Bros. tournament
Many games have been downported to the Switch with interesting results, and what runs like crap to some, is playable enough to others, and sometimes it’s the only way they can enjoy those games at all, be it because they only own a Switch, or because they want to play it portably, so it’s not relevant if it plays better somewhere else. The only true sense comes down to business sense - people willing to buy, companies willing to sell. The rest is highly subjective.

Last edited:

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
They are still console exclusives that are funded by Sony and obviously will neither come to Xbox One nor Switch. I never said they would not be playable on PC.
It's not like I care about Fortnite (wouldn't play it if given for free), but it is consistent with your never-ending console warring, be it here or in Xbox threads. It's just annoying, childish behaviour.

Virex

Banned

Many games have been downported to the Switch with interesting results, and what runs like crap to some, is playable enough to others, and sometimes it’s the only way they can enjoy those games all, be it because they only own a Switch, or because they want to play it portably, so it’s not relevant if it plays better somewhere else. The only true sense comes down to business sense - people willing to buy, companies willing to sell. The rest is highly subjective.
You have to have a very high IQ to understand Nintendo and the Switch. The gameplay, resolutions, releases and brand is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of understanding the reasons and unique experiences most of the games will go over a typical gamer's head. There's also Nintendo's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- Nintendo Switch's personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these experiencess, to realise that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Nintendo and the Switch truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the gameplay and port begging in Switch fans existential catchphrase "Just drop the resolution and it will run on Switch and I can play it on the go and portable even if it's barely playable," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Nintendo's genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens and portable screen. What fools.. how I pity them. 😂

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Nintendo Switch tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid 😎

Last edited:

brap

Banned
They are still console exclusives that are funded by Sony and obviously will neither come to Xbox One nor Switch. I never said they would not be playable on PC.
Keep moving the goalposts, Herr Yoshi. I mentioned PS4, Xbox and PC because you know that's how you play most games. PC & switch is a good combo. Switch & PS4 is even better.

It's not like I care about Fortnite (wouldn't play it if given for free), but it is consistent with your never-ending console warring, be it here or in Xbox threads. It's just annoying, childish behaviour.
I'm so sorry I made fun of FORTNITE of all games. Jesus christ dude lighten up.
YIMPU8m.jpg

ZombieTech

Neo Member
Kind of hoping so. Really want a Switch, but been holding off because the Switch XL with more CPU/GPU/Ram/etc is supposed to be releasing in 2020. So here's to wishful thinking.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Keep moving the goalposts, Herr Yoshi. I mentioned PS4, Xbox and PC because you know that's how you play most games. PC & switch is a good combo. Switch & PS4 is even better.
I wasn't moving any goal posts, I called them console exclusive from the beginning. You even quoted it. And then went on babbling about PC like it had any relevance to what I said.

Hudo

Emily Rogers is less reliable than the common 4chan direct "leak" threads (which are usually hilarious). I actually do believe that she gets her information from 4chan, just filters it with some common sense and that's it.

ZombieTech

Neo Member
After reading through this, even though nostalgia can be seen as niche, might be awesome for Nintendo to own its limitations and start bringing back old beloved classics to run on Switch, which could also work great with portability.

Like Test Drive Unlimited, Monster Rancher (modified since reading monsters of discs lol), Burnout series, Ultima games, Fishing Resort, Bully, Silent Hill, perhaps emu support (unless it's already there) -- just to name a few ideas.

Last edited:

brap

Banned
I wasn't moving any goal posts, I called them console exclusive from the beginning. You even quoted it. And then went on babbling about PC like it had any relevance to what I said.
Ok you did. Don't see how that changes anything though. You can still play them on more than one platform.

Animagic

Banned
But you guys still cry like babies for all those PC / Xbox / PS4 games. You still can't answer it. You said Switch owners aren't after the 500 dollar console games and that Switch gamers are after different things(while being very oppressed). But they cry for all those games not on the Switch. So clearly Switch owners are after those games and are willing to settle(at full price) for a lesser / botched / shitty experience. Come on! What are Switch owners(very oppressed) after then?
I have every console. Why do you care so deeply about what other people are doing on a system you despise so greatly? Does it affect you personally?

"2019 was a great year", but there was that Summer Drought that Nintendo experienced unless she means overall.

Is this the one who incorrectly guessed what the Switch would be, or did she get that one correct? (it's been too long that I forgot)

Birdo

Banned
It will be the same as every year for a Nintendo Console

Two AAA first party games.
Seven shitty last-gen ports that run in 480p
Ten thousand indie shovelware turds.

Hozzicus

Neo Member
I'd like to think in 2020 we'll finally see Bayonetta 3 released since Platinum Games had announced the project a few years ago and with Astral Chain being released this year hopefully all focus shifted over to help wrapping that up. Breath of the Wild 2 was announced earlier this year so i'm not entirely confident we'll see it released in 2020 unless they're pulling a Majora's Mask and reuse a lot assets from the first. With Nintendo revealing earlier this year that Metroid Prime 4 got rebooted mid-development I think its safe to say we wont seeing it for awhile. No More Heroes 3 was announced at the Game Awards this year but the ending of the trailer seems to suggest that 2020 is unlikely. Animal Crossing is confirmed for 2020 and to date I think its the largest first party game we know for certain being slated for 2020.

I like my Switch a lot and hope it has a great software line up for 2020 but with what we know currently I'm not to sure it will.

Last edited:

buizel

Banned
Rogers constantly spew bullshit. Amongst all her crimes she kept saying Mother 3 was officially getting released, time and again.

RPGCrazied

Where is that SMT game? Been a long time since the teaser. We all know MP4 isn't coming next year. I know I'm excitied for Xenoblade remake and BOTW2. Is No more heroes 3 next year? That too.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Emily "who?" Rogers

well, we are getting Animal Crossing so it'll be off to a good start. If we get Breath of the Wild 2 then 2020 will only be second to 2017. it might even beat 2017 if BOTW2 is really good...like...amazingly good and an improvement over the first.

also, i think we'll be getting a new Mario game. I enjoy mario maker 2 + nsmbud but i'm desperate for a new 3d mario.

Last edited:

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
The Nintendosoup site is citing Emily Rogers as the leaker of Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu / Eevee, but wasn't that a 4chan leak with a french pokemon fan site later seeing the domains registered?

Last edited:

ZombieTech

Neo Member
Captain obvious trying to remind people she exists. Why give random people attention like that?
Well random person, I'll definitely give you attention for pointing out what a fraud that other person is!
(Seriously too, I had zero clue who they even were when I came in here.)

Well said, hear-hear, cheerio and all that! :messenger_beaming::messenger_sunglasses:

Jooxed

Gold Member
Dip some grilled cheese in it.

Literally slitting my wrists here that some guy with 69 posts over almost 3 years has me on ignore. Big loss for humanity.

Yeah that's why people buy a PS4 or Xbox. Just power. Yup.

I just made me some frilled cheese with havarti because of your post for lunch.

This is the usual Emily Rogers so vague it can't miss "leak". Has this attention whore even gotten anything right other than Pokemon Let's Go? Because I'm still waiting on the Mother 3 NA release she was so adamant about
To be quite fair, she didn't say anything substantial on purpose. Nintendo Soup is a click-bait site that somehow managed to overblown the tweet out of nothing. Also, she's not happy about it

XiC6rMb.jpg

Jubenhimer

Outside of that Mini-Direct leak I don't think he has any creditability anymore.

Plus I doubt anybody other than the people at the very top of Nintendo know about first-party plans.

Rogers is fairly credible for the most part. She correctly hinted that 2019 would be a packed year for the Switch. She's gotten some things wrong sure, but no insider is 100% perfect.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
I want a switch pro or a price drop. 300 for a dinky little tablet and another 50 for a controller made for adults? No thanks.

Hoping for a Switch Pro in early 2021. Expecting it to be $400 which would be fine because I don't see Nintendo dropping the price with the Lite at $200, Base version at $300 and Pro at $400. It's too hot and on fire for Nintendo to drop the price.

cryptoadam

Banned
Odyssey 2 and splatoon 3 me thinks. Maybe one might slip to 2021 if we add in Botw 2.

Odyssey and Splatoon dropped out of the top 10 in japan this holiday season. That signals to nintendo that they can launch sequels to get the salss back.

Also Kart 9 will probably be 2021 holiday title.

mcjmetroid

I'm pretty sure she said this in 2017 about 2018 as well and that year was shocking.

My take is that I have plenty of games for the Switch so I am happy in that front. Currently playing through Dragon Quest XI.

I like ambitious games like Odysey or Breath of the Wild or even Splatoon 2 and Smash Ultimate. It doesn't have to be a massive game but I need to feel heart and effort have gone into it. Indie games like hallow knight are here as well.
These to me are the A tier games.

But

I want to see less half hearted attempts like Links Awakening, brain training, Mario party, Mario tennis game, Pokemon, Yoshi games, Kirby
Frankly the games I listed above are not good enough to be full priced games. This is what id like to see less in the Switch. The B or C tier stuff.

I would put Animal Crossing into the C Tier category. I mean look at it. Does it look even worse than Sword and Shield or am I exaggerating? A simple graphic style goes a long way but I dunno guys.

My point is my idea and Emily Rogers idea of what a good year is varies wildly.

mcjmetroid

To be quite fair, she didn't say anything substantial on purpose. Nintendo Soup is a click-bait site that somehow managed to overblown the tweet out of nothing. Also, she's not happy about it

XiC6rMb.jpg
Well she's an "insider" with a decent track record and administrator of resetera posting stuff on resetera about the upcoming year and she's upset that someone quoted her on it.

That's how the internet works..

MAtgS

I wanna believe, but the betting odds are on it being another 2018 with loads of ports. Especially when Furukawa recently said Nintendo would bring more 2DS franchises to Switch in order to boost Switch Lite sales.

Well she's an "insider" with a decent track record and administrator of resetera posting stuff on resetera about the upcoming year and she's upset that someone quoted her on it.

That's how the internet works..
She left Era a long time ago, doesn't want to be affiliated with them. Indeed, she's a great insider, better than Super Metal Dave 64, who now makes a living making youtube videos on why he's right about the switch pro (he's delusional). As for Nintendo Soup, her post was very vague and didn't mention anything with substance. Nintendo Soup is notorious for making Click-Bait articles and blowing things out of proportion, they're as bad as Kotaku

Top Bottom