• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Emily Rogers: NX News From "Major Sites" Soon; "Sounds Expensive"

Status
Not open for further replies.
From her Twitter. Remember, oldest posts are at the bottom. For reference, her earlier post she links to is here: https://arcadegirl64.wordpress.com/2016/05/13/so-about-nx/

emily.png

If it sounds expensive that wouldn't go with her previous statement were it sounds cheap, no? Unless the new concept is expensive again.

Neoxon

I'm kinda 50/50 on believing her given her recent track record, but I suppose we'll find out if she's right in due time. Though if she's right, I feel like it'll be an announcement of when we'll get the official NX reveal.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
"Sounds expensive" leads me to believe that TV attachment (from the patent) that makes the TV screen 3D/AR is the gimmick.

Neoxon

The girl who cried wolf is at it again?
As mentioned in my previous post, she has a 50/50 track record as of recently. While she did get the Female Link (& I think the Mother 3 localization) scoop(s) wrong, she was right about Miiverse on the 3DS, the Wii U getting a Paper Mario game, & BotW having voice acting. So if she's right here is anyone's guess.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Wait--isn't she the one that was months late on the Paper Mario Wii U rumors, and then also said Link could be female?

If her tweets are protected, then I really don't think it's okay to post them...

Yeah, that's how I feel. Generally she's upfront about what is a rumour versus her personal thoughts, and I think she's expressed discontent about people interpreting absolutely everything she says as the gospel.

The girl who cried wolf is at it again?

Really with this?

So about that female Link...

She was extremely upfront about saying that was just a rumour. And IIRC she never said female Link. She said female "character".

Wait--isn't she the one that was months late on the Paper Mario Wii U rumors, and then also said Link could be female?

She broke Paper Mario. Though there was a job listing thing earlier, she and a couple others were the first to directly say it was indeed happening.

As mentioned in my previous post, she has a 50/50 track record as of recently. While she did get the Female Link (& I think the Mother 3 localization) scoop(s) wrong, she was right about Miiverse on the 3DS, the Wii U getting a Paper Mario game, & BotW having voice acting.

Breath of the Wild doesn't have voice acting.

Kimawolf

Im telling you, some kind of advanced AR with some always connected community features. Plus the SCDS WILL make an expensive system.

Imagine some AR messenger, your messages from friends/ families appearing in the corner of your eye or in the environment. Or something like it.

As mentioned in my previous post, she has a 50/50 track record as of recently. While she did get the Female Link (& I think the Mother 3 localization) scoop(s) wrong, she was right about Miiverse on the 3DS, the Wii U getting a Paper Mario game, & BotW having voice acting. So if she's right here is anyone's guess.

To be fair, we don't know if the Mother 3 rumor's wrong yet

Kouriozan

No, she was right about Paper Mario, several people decided to talk about that rumor at the same time, Emily included.
She was indeed wrong about female playable character in Zelda.

A bunch of other "insiders" on Twitter about to corroborate what she just said incoming in 3, 2, 1...

Wake me up when these folks actually leak something totally unexpected before it's announced. Like NX's March 2017 release date when they all swore it was out this year. Or the NES Classic, when no one in a million years thought Nintendo would jump on the plug-and-play bandwagon this fall. These guys almost always tend to take basic info we already know about and extrapolate on it. Anyone can do this. It's why we all fell for 10k a few months back.

I'll give Emily credit for Color Splash at least.

I'm not on Emily's side nor against her but this is cool if we hear SOMETHING.
I am growing impatient and need some bones to be thrown no matter what they consist of.

Months late? She was the one who first brought up with the rumors which proved correct. And while she got female link wrong, they did say they had thought about it but decided against it, and as it got closer to e3 she went cooler on female link and harder on the Voice acting side of the equation

Wasnt she wrong about Breath of the Wild details? I dont know anything recent other than Paper Mario that she actually got right.

Nah she got it all right

2/3 rumours she got right

The female character possibility was considered in development and got changed

Her rep is good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom