• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eminem draws the red line in Hip-Hop Awards cypher

It's because he's white and friends with Kid Rock.

No, I wish I was kidding.

Source: I grew up in suburban/exurban Detroit. Generally the white kids there love them both (maybe Kid Rock more because he's "a redneck like them")

Which is fucking hilarious considering his history and that shit was all a gimmick.

Laieon

How has nobody posted this video of Trump
praising Eminem in a political style speech from 2004 yet? (He even "endorses" him)

https://youtu.be/gY-67ba1VH0

giphy.gif

GamerSoul

I guess his verse on No Favors was just a warm up. daamn.

Imo, I love his passion here.. Got to call bullshit when you see it. Simple as that.

I thought it was good, but could have been better had he
made a single mention of police brutality on the black community
he brought up using the NFL as a constant twitter distraction
but forgot to mention the silent protest against racist police interactions
The media successfully let Trump change the narrative at play
which also turned Kaepernick's defiance into a symbol of change
This was never about the flag, that they themselves disrespect everyday
but about finally achieving what was fought for...... true equality

Mad props to Em for being willing to come out and draw that line
but FUCK DONALD TRUMP is something I say all the time.

Pixieking

Banned
There an uncensored version around? The silencing of swearing is very jarring, and I'd rather not watch it if there's an alternative.

What the fucking shit is this? Rap & politics belong together. Rap without any politics isn't worth a shit.
Rap naturally involves themes induced by political climate, and that’s cool. If Eminem has insights on trump I cant get literally anywhere else then I do want to hear it. Or a different take. If it will just be more of this cypher x10....meh.

I like this cypher and it’s the perfect place to do something like this.

The funniest thing about it is that there really isn't anything Trump can do here to come out "on top". Sure, he can tweet rant about it, which he will do because it'll make him feel better, but then Em would just use that as more fuel for later verses, which in turn makes him more money. So Trump either says nothing or he gives Em more material.

TraBuch

Banned
How long until some Trump supporters start spreading around his old song about black girls as if it's something new?

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Too long and too conscious. "we got a chopper in the trunk for donald trump" was a more simple banger.

The funniest thing about it is that there really isn't anything Trump can do here to come out "on top". Sure, he can tweet rant about it, which he will do because it'll make him feel better, but then Em would just use that as more fuel for later verses, which in turn makes him more money. So Trump either says nothing or he gives Em more material.

Literally the only possible way that Trump could respond that I would respect would be if he recorded his own cypher video in the garage of the White House, and Mike Pence and Paul Ryan are posted up wearing sunglasses on Car Force One or whatever it's called, and he's stomping around spitting hot heat about how we need to abolish the inheritance tax.

Lol the alt right really looked to Eminem’s music? Did they even fucking listen to it?? Jesus lol.

Either way, I thought this was great.

I can’t wait for Trump to respond and for Em to come out with a track ripping him apart.

Lol the alt right really looked to Eminem’s music? Did they even fucking listen to it?? Jesus lol.

Either way, I thought this was great.

I can’t wait for Trump to respond and for Em to come out with a track ripping him apart.

Because they don't actually listen to the lyrics. I've seen some people that actually think "White America" was about Em endorsing white supremacy.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
How in the fuck did people think Em was gonna be pro-Trump / Alt-Right? Do these motherfucks actually listen to his music and past interviews?

Did they just look at him go "well, he's white, and I'm white... so of course he thinks like me." what in the actual fuck

The Kree

Banned
How in the fuck did people think Em was gonna be pro-Trump / Alt-Right? Do these motherfucks actually listen to his music and past interviews?

Did they just look at him go "well, he's white, and I'm white... so of course he thinks like me." what in the actual fuck

I dunno if you know this, but most of these people on the right are dumb.

Neece

They didn't like Em for any political messages, they liked that he was a white guy making raps about unPC shit, rape, murder, gays, bashing pop stars, etc. For a lot of them, he was their gateway away from rock and into hip hop, the soundtrack to their teenaged years of angst and discovery. So even if they aren't listening to him now, they still fondly remembered him as an artist they grew up loving, from their POV, he was the GOAT rapper, the GOAT lyricist, maybe even the "only rapper with something to say".

Good on him. Others would do this just to get some attention before going on tour or dropping a new album, but Eminem's too big to need this. Good on him for not just calling out Trump, but his supporters as well. Fuck them

Was kind of iffy at the beginning, but picked up around the middle when he got more emotional.

Top Bottom