• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Emmanuel Macron refuses any renegociations of the Paris accord

From France24

Emmanuel Macron a refusé toute renégociation de l'accord de Paris sur le climat lors d'une allocution télévisée jeudi 1er juin au soir après l'avoir signifié à Donald Trump, lançant à l'adresse des Américains : "Make our planet great again!" ("Rendez notre planète de nouveau formidable !").

Lors d'un échange "direct" de cinq minutes au téléphone, le président français a prévenu son homologue américain, selon l'Élysée, que si l'on "pouvait discuter", "rien n'était négociable dans les accords de Paris" sur le climat. "Les États-Unis et la France continueront à travailler ensemble mais pas sur le sujet du climat", a martelé le chef de l'État français lors de cet échange téléphonique, a-t-on précisé de même source.

Quelques minutes plus tard, Emmanuel Macron a affirmé lors d'une allocution télévisée solennelle depuis l'Élysée que Donald Trump avait commis une "erreur pour l'avenir de son pays" et "une faute pour l'avenir de la planète".

"Nous ne renégocierons pas un accord moins ambitieux, en aucun cas", a-t-il encore prévenu, appelant "l'ensemble des pays signataires" de l'accord de Paris "à demeurer dans le cadre" de cet accord, "à rester à la hauteur des responsabilités qui sont les nôtres et à ne rien céder".

À l'adresse des États-Unis, le président français a lancé : "Ne vous trompez pas, sur le climat, il n'y a pas de plan B parce qu'il n'y a pas de planète B."

Translation: There is no Planet B. We won't renegociate shit. Make our planet great again! (he actually says this last part! It's in the video linked below)

Here's a short allocution he made in English: https://www.pscp.tv/w/1jMKgoodLyqKL

He also said to American scientists: "come work with us in France". lol!

I have no idea what his presidency is going to ultimately lead to, but this guy really has balls of steel. I mean, first he out alphas Trump on his trip, then he makes a video telling the US directly that he wants their best in France, and now he's just like, fuck that, we aren't making no deals. I'm just waiting for him to just flat out say, 'Fuck Donald Trump' and drop the mic.

Pyrokai

I have no idea what his presidency is going to ultimately lead to, but this guy really has balls of steel. I mean, first he out alphas Trump on his trip, then he makes a video telling the US directly that he wants their best in France, and now he's just like, fuck that, we aren't making no deals. I'm just waiting for him to just flat out say, 'Fuck Donald Trump' and drop the mic.

I wish every world leader would do this. We, the US, deserve to be sanctioned and cut off from the world until we learn from out mistakes. Send us to our room.

Not to mention, he called out RT and other Russian propaganda media outlets right next to Putin.

Good on him. I voted for him specifically to have a leader that would stand strong against Putin and its orange puppet, so far so good.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I am liking this guy more and more.

Emmanuel Macron a également invité les scientifiques et entrepreneurs américains à venir travailler en France. "À tous les scientifiques, ingénieurs, entrepreneurs, citoyens engagés que la décision du président des Etats-Unis a déçu", il a assuré qu'ils trouveraient "dans la France, une seconde patrie". "Je vous lance un appel : venez travailler, ici, avec nous, sur des solutions concrètes pour le climat", a-t-il enchaîné. "Ce soir, les États-Unis ont tourné le dos aux États-Unis mais la France ne tournera pas le dos aux Américains", a ajouté Emmanuel Macron

Translation:
Emmanuel Macron also invited American scientists and entrepreneurs to come work in France. "To all the scientists, entrepreneurs, engaged citicizens that were disappointed by the US president's decision," he assured them that they would "in France, find a second nation." "I am calling you: come work here, with us, on concrete solutions about climate," he added. "Tonight, America has turned its back on America, but France will never turn its back on Americans," Emmanuel Macron added.​

Daaaaamn

Trakdown

Translation:
Emmanuel Macron also invited American scientists and entrepreneurs to come work in France. "To all the scientists, entrepreneurs, engaged citicizens that were disappointed by the US president's decision," he assured them that they would "in France, find a second nation." "I am calling you: come work here, with us, on concrete solutions about climate," he added. "Tonight, America has turned its back on America, but France will never turn its back on Americans," Emmanuel Macron added.​

Daaaaamn

Jesus, other countries' governments are going to take better care of us than our own government. Wonder if they need any help with IDAAS.

Translation:

Will always love ya, France.

Big Nikus

I don't like Macron at all, I didn't want to vote for him (I did though), but goddamit he's doing a good job on the international scene and I like how he has humiliated Trump multiple times already. That feels good.

Ahasverus

Translation:

Daaaaamn
Holy mother of God. This is Roosevelt's level of ETHER.

Translation:

Daaaaamn

Holy shit the thuggery on display from Macron. I like this guy.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch

Translation:

Daaaaamn

GOLFHAM

If the Allied Leaders right after WW2 could have seen the things that are unfolding now, they'd die of a heart attack. For Germany and France to lead the charge... It's unbelievable.

But also at the same time, tremendously sad. Think about all the patriotic Americans who wanted the US to take a role as Stewart towards peace and diplomacy. It's been going downhill for a long time, but lately it's truly been depressing.

I wonder who the last world leader to be universally hated by almost every other world leader at the time was 🤔

akira28

Translation:

Daaaaamn

this is some WWE promo level fire.

Big Nikus

Translation:

Daaaaamn

Alright, that's really good.

Translation:

Daaaaamn

Well, France just out America'd America. This is like Suge Knight calling out Bad Boy at the awards shows. Jesus.

No more French jokes from me.

Translation:

Daaaaamn

I'm an engaged citizen, but I speak none of the French, and I probably have no real trade skills that French needs. I'm sorry, Macron :(

Lord Fagan

Sounds like a good president.

Maybe we can get a cool cat under 50 like that to lead here in the States, sometime soon.

Wensih

Bruh, I've already started looking at grad schools in Germany and France. I need to get the fuck outta here.

Edit: Really hope borders don't start to close beforehand.

Translation:

Daaaaamn

Holy shit, this guys got some balls.

I wish every world leader would do this. We, the US, deserve to be sanctioned and cut off from the world until we learn from out mistakes. Send us to our room.

This. I hope they sanction the fuck out of us. Trump deserves every last ounce of utter abhorrence the world can fling at his orange turd of a face.

Such a stark difference between how Trump comes off with his Twitter rants and how Macron has with his direct and pointed statements.

The Lamp

Translation:

Daaaaamn

Please Macron. Tell me where to to sign my chemical engineering ass up. I will build renewable energy for you. Just take me! Friendship ended with USA. Now France is my best friend!

Wensih

I wish I paid better attention on French class. I would love to move there. Or Canada. Or Germany.

A lot of programs are in English and don't require foreign language competency. I was looking into the University of Bern last night.

Weren't people concerned Macron was too centrist? Lol.

Economically sure.

Here's the thing though, centrists aren't fucking morons who act like global warming is a fucking Chinese myth. So even if you don't agree on alot, the simple important shit it's easy to agree on. Aka: Let's not ruin earth, and Fuck the obese cheeto man child.

MartyStu

Translation:

Daaaaamn

The part about never turning their back on America is particularly important. Without the French, there would most likely not be an America. Funny how easy people forget that.

Top Bottom