• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EMO EMERGENCY! My Chemical Romance just released a brand new song.

Neolombax

I like it. Sounds something along the lines of The Ghost of You. For some reason the music sounds a bit drowned out.

Just_one

I wasnt a fan of them but discover gerard made umbrella academy last year and a friend told me listen to the black parade and holy shit is that album a masterpiece.

seems gerard lost a ton of weight since their comeback show in 2019.

song sounds awesome! really hope a new album and a show in Lisbon ,

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
i don't think i can dislike anything they make. now if only concert tickets weren't so expensive at £200! i could stick it on my credit card and pay it off over time but still £200 is a lot even if it's a band i love.

hopefully this means a new album :messenger_astonished:

I wasnt a fan of them but discover gerard made umbrella academy last year and a friend told me listen to the black parade and holy shit is that album a masterpiece.

seems gerard lost a ton of weight since their comeback show in 2019.

song sounds awesome! really hope a new album and a show in Lisbon ,
you should read the comics if you haven't. miles better than the show. he also has done Killjoys (based on Danger Days album) and a new one of those came out recently.

Last edited:

Javthusiast

Banned
Love It Yes GIF by Rosanna Pansino

JCK75

I'm not ashamed to say I like them..
In High School I was all Danzig+ Maiden+ Megadeth...
but lately I find I'm getting sort of Emo.

Synless

The band does not think of themselves as Emo, in fact the lead singer hates that people think his bands music is.

Im with him, you look at something like The Used, Hawthorne Heights… those fuckers are emo.

Last edited:

Vyse

Gold Member
Sounds really good. Saw them in concert during the Black Parade Tour. Amazing show. Think my wife and I are seeing them in the Fall. Also, didn’t the lead singer write the Umbrella Academy?

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
i don't think i can dislike anything they make. now if only concert tickets weren't so expensive at £200! i could stick it on my credit card and pay it off over time but still £200 is a lot even if it's a band i love.

£200 where? There's plenty of cheaper tickets for Milton Keynes that I can see even if they're not as good as the pitch standing area.

Just_one

they started the tour last night , gerard lost a ton of weight compared to the 2019 show and holy shit they are in great form!

Last edited:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Thoughts?

Taken back to the early 00s with that.

Listened to the full track on Spotify. It was okay. Not their best song. I'll need to listen to the whole new album, but I can't see it being on the same level as Black Parade. That was the band's magnum opus and they're not topping that album.

Kev Kev

The band does not think of themselves as Emo, in fact the lead singer hates that people think his bands music is.

Im with him, you look at something like The Used, Hawthorne Heights… those fuckers are emo.
Emo is a horrible name for a genre of music to begin with. It’s short for emotional, which most if not all music/art is emotional in one way or another.

Always hated the term tbh. It was always meant to be a dig, so it discredits a band before people ever get a chance to hear them.

lem0n

MCR was one of my guilty pleasures. I grew up listening to rap and electronic but MCR was always in my rotation for some reason. I'll give this a listen on my good system when I get home.

Last edited:
Top Bottom