• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Emo Music |OT| Non-Conforming as Can Be

There was no show here. He booked his flight wrong so had 8 hours to kill in Lisbon lol

Ahhhh. That changes things.

The new Cayetana is out and really solid. They're touring with Waxahatchee, which is a pretty natural combo. Nowhere near here, natch-urrr-a-leee.

But I've mostly just been listening to old stuff. Here and there.

Haha, Chris Farren's merch is so consistently ridiculous. From http://chrisfarren.bigcartel.com/

theworldchrisfarren.jpg

Lender

My mood from the last week explained through my most played artists this week. Although The Menzingers do kinda put a smile on my face, although some of the lyrics on the album hit me harder then they should.

sssz8uhx.jpg

haveheart

Banned
My mood from the last week explained through my most played artists this week. Although The Menzingers do kinda put a smile on my face, although some of the lyrics on the album hit me harder then they should.

sssz8uhx.jpg

Menzingers and Flatliners will be my summer tunes.

I want blackened emo.

I have been listening to a shit ton of black metal recently and would love a blackened emo band. Can you imagine Never Meant, but blackened?

Lender

Really getting into sorority noise's new lp. Some of the lyrics are so damn tough but beautifully crafted. No Halo is an obvious favourite, but there are so many more amazing songs on there.

The lat part of 'A portrait of' just kills me every time.

I felt an absence, I felt like I needed to die, I felt like nothing existed and I felt that I wasn't worthwhile breathing the same air as the ones I loved and my family, and then it came to the point where I started losing friends who had the same fucking ideas as myself but I have to be strong and I have to live my life as a continuation of theirs lost and I have to do everything in my fucking power to be the person that I can be and live my life the best way I fucking can and some days it's so hard to fucking stand and fucking stand and fucking stand and fucking stand

So good. Just an absolute fantastic album all around.

(plus any album that uses Julien Baker references gets an extra point in my book)

Kawl_USC

I just stumbled upon Mccafferty. They sound pretty much like The Front Bottoms. They are apparently touring the US atm after having been on hiatus for a while.

I really really like this song.
Yea those dudes are pretty chill. Dead bird in particular is my favorite front bottoms song that has been released in the past few years (rip front bottoms). I do like that he at least is up front about it in that song with calling our that his favorite lines come from brian lol

Lender

I know it's not exactly emo, but through browsing the similar artists of Modern Baseball on Spotify I gave Transit a listen. Been listening to 'Joyride' for the entire evening and it's just so good. Great summer pop punk album full of catchy songs. Puts an instant smile on my face.

PillarEN

I want blackened emo.

I have been listening to a shit ton of black metal recently and would love a blackened emo band. Can you imagine Never Meant, but blackened?

I'm trying,but I just can't hear it in my head. No matter what ideas I have musically the black metal aspect takes over. So I guess black metal with emo-style lyrics will have to do.

I'm trying,but I just can't hear it in my head. No matter what ideas I have musically the black metal aspect takes over. So I guess black metal with emo-style lyrics will have to do.

listen to Nightbringer and AKHLYS.

they just straight fucking black metal. AKHLYS is the solo project of the main guy from Nightbringer

they my fav black metal shin digs now

PillarEN

It sounds good. I haven't been listening to black metal much at the moment. It's too nice outside. Lots of Darktrhone 92-95 for me though on my last kick.

The first track from what I'm assuming is the latest album from Nightbringer sort of reminded me of Anaal Nathrakh a little bit.

It sounds good. I haven't been listening to black metal much at the moment. It's too nice outside. Lots of Darktrhone 92-95 for me though on my last kick.

The first track from what I'm assuming is the latest album from Nightbringer sort of reminded me of Anaal Nathrakh a little bit.

Mmmmmm Darkthrone is so good.

As Wolves Amongst Ruins? Yeah that is the first track off their new LP. Does not waste anytime getting right into it

Lender

Fuck, I forgot how good TMP's Celebrate is. Every goddamn song is just so good. Been listening to it all night in my bed with some decent headphones and it's fantastic. I can't even pick out a favourite song.

haveheart

Banned
Yea those dudes are pretty chill. Dead bird in particular is my favorite front bottoms song that has been released in the past few years (rip front bottoms). I do like that he at least is up front about it in that song with calling our that his favorite lines come from brian lol

Yeah, I've read up on them. They seem to be huge TFB fans.
I think TFB will be releasing new record this year. There's a video (actually two of the same gig) of an unknown, unreleased TFB song on youtube. The song sounds really really good.
edit: https://youtu.be/cvAczZLe6NU

listen to Nightbringer and AKHLYS.

they just straight fucking black metal. AKHLYS is the solo project of the main guy from Nightbringer

they my fav black metal shin digs now

You've probably looked into them (like everybody did for a while a guess) but what about Deafheaven?

And the new Rozwell Kid song is awesome!

You've probably looked into them (like everybody did for a while a guess) but what about Deafheaven?

And the new Rozwell Kid song is awesome!

Deafheaven is one of my top 3 bands lol saw them about 2 months ago on their headliner with This Will Destroy You.

Fucking love them. Nightbringer is a different breed of black metal lol more kvlt and evil as fuck

Fuck, I forgot how good TMP's Celebrate is. Every goddamn song is just so good. Been listening to it all night in my bed with some decent headphones and it's fantastic. I can't even pick out a favourite song.

It had to be Birdhouse, right? That opening right into that first line.

It's basically a dead ringer for what you would think of in terms of an emo song.

Lender

It had to be Birdhouse, right? That opening right into that first line.

It's basically a dead ringer for what you would think of in terms of an emo song.
YOU WERE DRENCHED DOWN TO THE BONE
I WAS SO COLD YET SO WARM!

Maybe not the most original lyrics but the way he brings it is so damn fine. Album is full of killer tracks.

akileese

hey emoGAF how's everyone doin/what are you all listenin to

Hi!

I wouldn't call them emo but I just saw a band called Palaye Royale last night who absolutely blew me away so I've been listening to their new album Boom Boom Boom (Side A). Their lead singer kinda has a Chris Robinson (the black crows) style which I dig. Musically, they swing from actual rock n' roll (like, 60s-70s style) to a little bit of rockabilly/psychobilly.

So them, Enter Shikari, and some RTJ. I'd say my musical tastes have been all over the place lately haha

hey emoGAF how's everyone doin/what are you all listenin to

I missed the PEARS show that I was super hyped for. Had to leave town unexpectedly to sit in someone's hospital room, which is super fucking depressing every single time you ever have to do it. This wasn't an exception to that.

Shear Mag is playing tonight, and I can never tell if I like them or hate them. I usually love female vocals, but hers are kinda grating. The riffs are rad, though. But I'm fucking drained so I doubt I'll make it.

It's been old stuff for me, lately. Duster for some spacey slow goodness. I got on a Husker Du kick for a bit. The new Gnarwolves sounded solid on first listen but I haven't gone back to it.

Birdhouse fuckin' ooooowns

Also for any pop-punk fans check out Robot Bachelor. It's basically House Boat but with Noelle from Rational Anthem and Luke from The Copyrights/Hospital Job instead of Mikey Erg, Zack and Ace

I'm digging this. And hey, welcome back.

On the horizon, I'm hoping the new Hard Girls comes out this year. I doubt Propagandhi's will. And the new Dopamines will probably kick ass (next week!)

That, and waiting on MJ to release his BlackMetalEmo album.

Lender

All I currently listen to/watch is Kyle Thrash's music videos. I always liked good music videos but this is breathtaking. His videos for Every Time I Die, Microwave, The Menzingers, Sorority Noise are pure genius.

Watch them if you haven't already.
Been doing the same thing lol. His videos are so damn good.

I myself have been listening to quite some old stuff from my early days when I started getting into the punk rock/pop punk genre. Think Ataris, classic Brand New, Silverstein, NUFAN, Bayside, Allister, Taking Back Sunday, Fall Out Boy's first album,... Just letting the nostalgia kick in.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Has anyone listened to this Remo Drive record? There's some catchy hooks but it's a little fuzzy for my liking.

I've just been listening to it this morning/yesterday. I know what you mean about the fuzziness but I'm really liking it.

Top Bottom