• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hi Guest. We've rebooted and consolidated our Communities section, so be sure to check it out and subscribe to some threads. Thanks!

'Empire' Star Jussie Smollett Attacked in Possible Hate Crime (Update: All Charges Dropped. Records Sealed. Chicago Mayor Not Happy.)

MacReady13

Jun 22, 2018
Thread keeps delivering! Fuck Jussie as well, you absolute piece of shit. May you never get another acting job after this. For me living in Australia, this is the ULTIMATE depiction of a cry baby not getting his way over Trump winning in Trump’s America.

• Fire
Reactions: matt404au

Grinchy

Aug 3, 2010
In a cave outside of Whooville.
The files are released. Video from surveillance footage may be released soon as well.

Damage Inc

Nov 10, 2013
The files are released. Video from surveillance footage may be released soon as well.

Now I am very hungry.

#Phonepunk#

Sep 4, 2018
lol reading part 2 now. the Uber driver that was driving the brothers to the crime scene was scared they were going to rob him cos they were whispering to each other, constantly on the phone, and kept changing the drop off point.

really there are so many absurdities in this, can't wait to see someone put all the pieces together and lay it out

KINGMOKU

May 16, 2005
lol reading part 2 now. the Uber driver that was driving the brothers to the crime scene was scared they were going to rob him cos they were whispering to each other, constantly on the phone, and kept changing the drop off point.

really there are so many absurdities in this, can't wait to see someone put all the pieces together and lay it out
I'm somewhat interested in going thru it, but I think I'm going to need a glass of wine, and a fine cigar to be able to get thru it.

Maybe later, and by that I mean I hope someone here does all the legwork for me.

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
Usually I would be against this shit being exposed, but Juicy Fruit deserves it.

I hope we get a ton of text talking about other crazy shit he was going to do, gay orgies, drugs, dissing celebs/politicians, you name it.

For the BS he did he deserves having his little secrets exposed.

desertdroog

Aug 12, 2008
Last edited:

finowns

May 10, 2009
Usually I would be against this shit being exposed, but Juicy Fruit deserves it.

I hope we get a ton of text talking about other crazy shit he was going to do, gay orgies, drugs, dissing celebs/politicians, you name it.

For the BS he did he deserves having his little secrets exposed.
I didn't know they could just release all this. Kind of crazy.

desertdroog

Aug 12, 2008
4 pills is not trafficking
Let's give the honorable Jussie the benefit of the doubt that he only purchased 4 pills in the history of his ever so careful life in public.

It's not like he lies.

/S

I expect some high profile people to be connected in some strange ways, depending on how much dirt the LEO's dug up during this investigation.

He's no Chapo Guzman, but he's also no candyflipper looking for a rave on the weekend, either. It was mentioned earlier in this whole story that he has drug connections that go beyond being a purchaser.

matt404au

Cyberbully
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
Let's give the honorable Jussie the benefit of the doubt that he only purchased 4 pills in the history of his ever so careful life in public.

It's not like he lies.

/S

I expect some high profile people to be connected in some strange ways, depending on how much dirt the LEO's dug up during this investigation.

He's no Chapo Guzman, but he's also no candyflipper looking for a rave on the weekend, either. It was mentioned earlier in this whole story that he has drug connections that go beyond being a purchaser.
He says “fo pills” in the texts in the document. In English, that translates to “four pills”. We presently have no evidence that he sought more than four, no matter how likely you or I think it is. When that evidence surfaces, which I suspect it will, I’ll happily join you.

desertdroog

Aug 12, 2008
He says “fo pills” in the texts in the document. In English, that translates to “four pills”. We presently have no evidence that he sought more than four, no matter how likely you or I think it is. When that evidence surfaces, which I suspect it will, I’ll happily join you.
For matt404au matt404au
EDIT:
I have tried in vain to find the article I read that implicated Jussie having ties to an L.A. Gang member, so I will call this post and the previous two as specious reasoning on my part and quite possibly completely incorrect.

**my comment original below**
I understand that is what it says in the document. I also understand that the document you are citing is not the entirety of the investigation, either.

Since his residence is in Los Angeles, Ca and he was in Chicago, Il, there may be an interstate drug charge that could be levied depending on what the investigators found. The threshold for trafficking is surprisingly low depending on which drugs, how much, and what state this is happening in. I am currently looking for the news article I read so many months ago, when they implicated Jussie having ties to a gang in L.A., but as of yet it seems to be memory holed. It was also mentioned as a result of that, he didn't want to give up his phone; possibly due to such an accusation. Or maybe it was to stop the papparazzi from finding out he has many lovers and other details that only offend the moral majority crowd, of which have no legal standing other than tut-tutting when necessary for P.R. purposes. The guy is a Hollywood actor, I'm not sure any minor detail like the aforementioned would torpedo his chances at acting again.

Unless there is more to it than that, either due to the people he is connected to, such as political players, famous celebrities or activist organization ties, that would harm them as well.

So I am not attempting to embellish the great criminal mastermind that is Jussie Smollett. I am pointing out that there is than likely more than just a covered up Hate-Crime Hoax.

Last edited:
Reactions: matt404au
Oct 12, 2005

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014
not looking good
This is most definitely a political war going on behind the scenes at this point.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
Corruption as far as the eye can see. Lock up everyone.
Chicago has been known to be this way all the way back to the Capone days. It’s amazing that they get away with it for so long with zero intervention.

Every decade there’s a scandal that pops up that’s huge, then gets smothered.

infinitys_7th

Gold Member
Oct 1, 2006
not looking good
I think it is looking more likely that Harris had some involvement in this.

If that were to break and go to trial next year, Democrats could probably kiss 2020 bye-bye, so as much as ImmanueI seems to genuinely be pissed at this clear abuse of power, I do not know if he could put justice over partisanship.

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014
I think it is looking more likely that Harris had some involvement in this.

If that were to break and go to trial next year, Democrats could probably kiss 2020 bye-bye, so as much as ImmanueI seems to genuinely be pissed at this clear abuse of power, I do not know if he could put justice over partisanship.
I'm not sure cover-up is possible at this point. The snowball is big, and there are powerful people pushing for transparency for the same reason others have been trying to stop it. The fact this all got released shows that some do not want this memory holed. There comes a point when everything is unraveling that it becomes too dangerous for people to continue trying to stop it for fear of implicationing themselves.

If it does come out that Harris was involved, I'll eat a chocolate keyboard in celebration.