• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hi Guest. We've rebooted and consolidated our Communities section, so be sure to check it out and subscribe to some threads. Thanks!

'Empire' Star Jussie Smollett Attacked in Possible Hate Crime (Update: All Charges Dropped. Records Sealed. Chicago Mayor Not Happy.)

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Mar 5, 2009

Chicago police release investigative files, video of alleged staged attack on 'Empire' actor

Chicago police released their investigative files and video Monday of the alleged staged attack on "Empire" actor Jussie Smollett in late January.

Police released nearly 70 hours of video, all connected to the Smollett case.

Among the video clips released is one of Chicago police arriving at the actor's apartment in Chicago's Streeterville neighborhood, responding to a 911 call from Smollett's manager reporting the star had been a victim of a racial and homophobic attack on the street. Inside the apartment, the video, which was blurred by Chicago police, shows Smollett has a rope loosely strung around his neck, which he tells police was put there by his attackers.

Police ask him if he wants to remove the supposed noose, which he does, and then when informed that a police body camera is recording the whole thing, the actor asks that the camera be turned off.

Video @ link

Last edited:

oagboghi2

Apr 15, 2018
Police ask him if he wants to remove the supposed noose, which he does, and then when informed that a police body camera is recording the whole thing, the actor asks that the camera be turned off.

Video @ link
😂😂😂 Fucking idiot

Shmunter

Aug 25, 2018
I like how he neatly folds the noose. Acknowledging the ridiculousness of him actually still wearing it.

Doczu

Aug 17, 2012
Poland
I'm fucking mad cause i know if i staged a race baiting hate crime i would end in prison bending over to everyone, but this guy got just a slap on his wrist.
Any chance this will lead to anythinf? Or is itjust to make him look like the fool he is?

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014
I'm fucking mad cause i know if i staged a race baiting hate crime i would end in prison bending over to everyone, but this guy got just a slap on his wrist.
Any chance this will lead to anythinf? Or is itjust to make him look like the fool he is?
A chance? Yes. The back and forth we are witnessing now is clearly due to some sort of behind the scenes power struggle. It's hard to tell if it's localized to Chicago politics or if it is broader as some interpersonal connections hint at.

If we see charges get reapplied, and people like Foxx get further exposed and their own charges [or disbarments], we'll know one side won. If this gets buried and no new charges rise up, we know the other side won. So far, it seems like the side exposing them is winning, as some very major obstacles [dropping all charges, sealing the case, etc] have been jumped.

To me, that suggests some very big favors being pulled on both sides. The big difference being that with the threat of exposure so high at this point, it's less likely for people to continue to intervene on behalf of silencing this, so the advantage is clearly on the side of justice right now.

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
Reactions: Chunk Loves Sloth

infinitys_7th

Gold Member
Oct 1, 2006
I like how he neatly folds the noose. Acknowledging the ridiculousness of him actually still wearing it.
Someone symbolically lynched him, and his reaction upon removing the noose is to nearly fold it up like he plans to reuse it.

I think that says everything we need to know.

Reactions: matt404au

dolabla

Oct 9, 2013

CHICAGO (CBS) — In the days after Jussie Smollett said he was the victim of a racially motivated attack, there was a spike in interest in his story–including from the actor himself.

Smollett, shortly after the Jan. 29 incident, Googled himself more than 50 times, a review of his computer search records by Chicago Police found.

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014
Note: i was going to post this as it's own thread, but the article does not give sources for these 'conversations' so it's still rumor as far as I'm concerned. So... take with a grain of salt for now.

----

Much discussion was had over possible connections between Smollett and Harris/Booker. Kim Fox had direct connections to Harris, but Harris and Booker were pushing their lynching bill at the time [which, if you read the bill, does not actually even deal with what most people think of as a lynching].

Anyway, it seems even more direct ties have been dug up.

Jussie Smollet held a number of conversations with Cory Booker and Kamala Harris about supporting their sponsored Justice for Victims of Lynching Act and providing the needed public momentum for the bill to pass the Senate and House.
The timeline of these conversations (December 21-January 18, 2019) suggests that the death threat letter he sent himself (January 22-23) and his staged attack (January 29), were timed to create an opinion groundswell to support the bill and prop the political and professional career of the three masterminds.
At the time Booker released his statement at 12:09 PM and Harris hers at 1:30 PM they could not have possibly known what the motive for the attack was because the police were only a few hours into the investigation.
---------------

Now, if these conversations happened, this is huge. Because even if they did not plan with Smollett to run a hoax, and he did it completely on his own, they both ran with the story.

Now, in a sane world, two politicans discussing 'lynching' with a b list actor and then having him come up with his crazy story a week later should instantly know it is fishy. To good to be true doesn't even begin to describe it. So, at worst they should have known to stay away from the story, and at best go to the police with their suspicions. Instead, they instantly [and i mean instantly] used it for political gain.

So if these conversations can be independently confirmed.... holllleeeeee shit.

Iorv3th

Jan 16, 2013
That was already talked about when this first came out. How he and Harris were close friends and it just coincided with her pushing that bill.

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014
That was already talked about when this first came out. How he and Harris were close friends and it just coincided with her pushing that bill.
Yes, we heavily discussed connections, especially through kim fox and a charity. But if there are documented conversations about their lynching bill, we have reached a whole new level of corruption.

Reactions: Oner and matt404au

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
Note: i was going to post this as it's own thread, but the article does not give sources for these 'conversations' so it's still rumor as far as I'm concerned. So... take with a grain of salt for now.

----

Much discussion was had over possible connections between Smollett and Harris/Booker. Kim Fox had direct connections to Harris, but Harris and Booker were pushing their lynching bill at the time [which, if you read the bill, does not actually even deal with what most people think of as a lynching].

Anyway, it seems even more direct ties have been dug up.

---------------

Now, if these conversations happened, this is huge. Because even if they did not plan with Smollett to run a hoax, and he did it completely on his own, they both ran with the story.

Now, in a sane world, two politicans discussing 'lynching' with a b list actor and then having him come up with his crazy story a week later should instantly know it is fishy. To good to be true doesn't even begin to describe it. So, at worst they should have known to stay away from the story, and at best go to the police with their suspicions. Instead, they instantly [and i mean instantly] used it for political gain.

So if these conversations can be independently confirmed.... holllleeeeee shit.
Yeah this isn't a huge surprise. They pushed their anti-lynching bill and openly referenced the Smollett case. Then there's the highly unusual treatment of his case where it's clear he has friends in high places (I remember one of the earlier conspiracies was that Michelle Obama was involvd).

I don't know if any of that will ever be proven or punished, but it's not much of a conspiracy to assume they played some role. We'll see. 🤷‍♀️

Xenon

You have people compiling lists of every Trump known associate and their whereabouts for the last 10 years in relation to known Russian agents in an attempt to find some connection no matter how weak to justify a conclusion that has yet to be proven. Still these people can't connect the two simple dots of government officials trying to pass a bill on lynching and a known associate faking a lynching.

I am almost sure that if we had a picture of Camila Harris dropping off Jessie Smollett the night of the incident handing him a box that's says fake lynching kit, they still wouldn't see it.

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
I remember it was a poster on here who floated the whole Kamala/Corey + lynching bill connection. This was in the early days of the whole hoax.

I am to lazy to search for it, but if you are still on GAF speak up that you called this shit out early on, and now others are piggy backing on your conspiracy theory.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
I remember it was a poster on here who floated the whole Kamala/Corey + lynching bill connection. This was in the early days of the whole hoax.

I am to lazy to search for it, but if you are still on GAF speak up that you called this shit out early on, and now others are piggy backing on your conspiracy theory.
I think autoduelist autoduelist first posted about it in here.

Want some conspiracy theory?

As I've posted before, Kamala Harris is in multiple photos with Smollet and used this incident to push her anti lynching bill.

As I've posted before, either Chicago PD has had footage of this the entire time or else Smollett likely somehow knew about the one small area not covered by surveillance cameras.

Smollett is an actor. An actor!

you know who else has a history as an actor? Nathan Phillips, the Native American in the Covington incident. He played a starring role in a Skrillex video. Possibly Coincidence of course.

It's a damn good thing these idiots are so bad at this , because if we didn't have the footage of these incidents then the stories would be presented as true for all time.

America is not a hateful place. Don't believe the lies of the media. Do your own research, especially regarding crime, homicide, police, and gun statistics. Those who are pushing identity politics are the hateful ones.
Like the Kamala Harris lynching bill connection (theory), perhaps. ;)
Look at the Kamala Harris connection
Pretty convenient that the media jumped on this just days after they were caught reporting fake news about the Covington MAGA boys. And pretty convenient for Kamala that her Lynching bill happened to be posted & the same time she claimed her friend just experienced a modern day lynching.

This is why people don't trust the media. It's why they're literally fake news

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Sep 4, 2018
Smollett Jr trying to pull some shit

Reactions: Zangiefy360

Zangiefy360

Aug 30, 2018
Smollett Jr trying to pull some shit

Great minds think alike! I created a thread about this here:

Shaqazooloo

Nov 3, 2018
Canada

Smollett said:
With all due respect brother, y’all can clown me all you want but my story has actually never changed and I haven’t lied about a thing. Y’all can continue to be misinformed, internalized sheep, who believe what actual proven liars feed you or you can read the actual docs. Either way, I’mma be alright. I know me and what happened. You don’t. So carry on. All love

Last edited:

GreyHorace

Jun 14, 2019
LOL. What a deluded prick. He should be proud at creating new type of criminal hoax.

I hope his career goes to the gutter. Blacks and gay people will have an even harder time now because of his stunt.

Reactions: CatLady

danielberg

Neophyte
Jun 20, 2018

ArchaeEnkidu

Vincit qui se vincit
Jan 30, 2018
Holy shit, Smollett sound *EXACTLY* like a few folks we know of in this thread... that is such a strange coincidence.

Reactions: Oner and DeepEnigma